PIRATE RANK BOOSTING

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by -APES-, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Christy

Christy Commodore

+1 we are not doing that in We R at all. It's wrong IMO :(

2. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

perhaps Midoki could regulate this by putting a one week cooldown on rejoining the same guild after leaving it.

3. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Well I am still top40. Good accomplishment considering the time I put into this game. I think the guild cool down would be nice but wouldn't fix it. It's in the alogorythm. Also the lack of popularity of the game. Well my guild is still open and anyone wanting to have a good time should join! It's honestly the best part of the game. I wish they would make a it even better with more customization for captains. Definately needs ability to communicate with more characters per conversation and more history of previous conversations

4. One-Eyed Willy

maybe the cooldown wouldn't completely deter people. Perhaps when considering the ideas behind this thread I created about Guild Reputation Points a solution might be able to be surmised. Earning a guild reputation aside from rank promotion (one which would grant measurable benefit), would serve as an even greater deterrent from abandoning a guild on a whim.

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. If you put a guild cool down they will just make a new guild for the people to join.

6. One-Eyed Willy

Yes, there are going to be loopholes around many remedies. However, if Midoki developed a system where guild reputation was earned where players who are loyal (length enrolled, resource funded) gain advantage from having a developed Rep with a guild, then players would be less apt to remove themselves from the guild (subsequently forfeiting that reputation gain). The idea for this system has been introduced within the aforementioned link.

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

And unfortunately the workaround for this would be guild alliances

8. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Being loyal to a guild should be important. I've been with my guild for over 4 months. Never left once.

Gangrene Beard likes this.