PIRATES UNITED break the 8,000 PR barrier!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capt. Sharky, Dec 7, 2015.

1. kevedge001

kevedge001 Crew

Most impressive and still incredibly tough in rumbles. Thats some skills over in PU.

Capt. Sharky likes this.
  2. Congrats PU. Ranking while rumbling takes some finesse indeed. Awesome stuff ☺️

3. Booty Slappa

Booty Slappa First Mate

Great Job

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

Its an impressive score, even with account sharing and forfeiting!

How long do you plan on holding it? Are you going to keep it up there, or is it just a one time thing cheesing the system like with your one rumble?

You guys have some impressive dedication to the game and great teamwork, its hard enough getting 50 players to coordinate, nevermind multiple guilds!

John56, Tex, cmooneey and 2 others like this.
  5. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

OMG! You said it all @Skye we all know who is the best without the shenanigans:D

cmooneey and Cpt. Morgan like this.
  6. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Love accusations with zero proof-they are my FAVORITE kind! Not sure if you've ever been in the 700-800 range, but if someone surrenders to you - you don't gain anything - beating the low level rumble rivals with Max bases produces nothing as well. Fun fact.

kevedge001 and Scurvy Red like this.
  7. Skye

Skye Commodore

I don't mean it in a rude way at all! Being the best at cheesing the system is still something noteworthy - mmtx did it with their score!

My max PR is 912 and the only player higher than me at the time was PR1400+ ;)

I never directly claimed you account shared or forfeited, just that its an impressive score even if you did (which we know mmtx has done in the past to put up high scores themselves). Being that defensive over it does hint that something is off though, so lets investigate a little closer.

The more substantial claim here is with account sharing, as multiple players playing the same account so it is rarely offline and can get extra attacks in a day definitely provides a huge advantage.

Its easy to tell when someone is account sharing when they keep swapping between regional leaderboards. Unless one of your notable members lives on the US/Canada border, for one example, and is travelling between the two several times a day, or has been swapping VPN providers regularly for some reason, that alone should suggest that some sharing is going on. I'm not saying it makes it any less of an accomplishment, it still takes a ton of teamwork to coordinate multiple players across accounts. I doubt Midoki will be willing to provide that level of private user info, but seeing top players regularly switch between regional leaderboards should be evidence enough for that claim. If you want me to out your members I've seen doing this, I'm more than happy to, but I wouldn't want to directly tarnish another players name without their consent. Perhaps you should consult with your guild first.

Also I do recall a certain plunderer having issues with multiple islands tied to the same game center account a while ago, before Lynsey sorted things out ;) Although that's likely from multiple members in the same family.

As for forfeiting, it would play less of a role here, but its a key strategy employed by other players in the past to get to ridiculous ranks. There would be no way to prove this without players admitting to it, and its insignificant compared to account sharing, so I won't bark down that tree too far.

I know you don't gain anything from low level rivals. But if members in an alternate guild that already had a fairly high rank were to come across you, its conceivable they may be willing to lose a couple pr to give you a bit more boost up. A high 500s player from another PU could certainly help a 700 up a couple points. It'd probably be uncommon enough it probably doesn't matter, but it still is worth mentioning as a cheesing strategy. Don't get hung up on this though, it doesn't matter.

8. Boom, mind blown!!

Tex and cmooneey like this.
  9. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Captain

Somebody has too much time on their hands....I'm gonna go plunder now

10. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Yeah thanks for the rumble...

[​IMG]

Guess we will see a better push next time.... ;)

Loobz, Fil and Tex like this.
  11. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Powder Monkey

centricORCHARD wrote "Congrats PU. Ranking while rumbling takes some finesse indeed. Awesome stuff ☺️"

kevedge001 wrote "Most impressive and still incredibly tough in rumbles. Thats some skills over in PU."

Yes, PU is finessee! And, PU is certainly "tough" in rumbles, that fourth place team didn't stand a chance at wrestling third place from them.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    cmooneey and Tex like this.
  12. Tex

Tex Commodore

That just blew my mind! Well done.
    [​IMG]

cmooneey likes this.
  13. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Since this part is directed at me--I am more than happy to address it. Yup-my family has three accounts, my son and other half no longer play and neither account are active in PU. Neither even have PH9, hard enough to manage my account, I can't keep up with three. When you only have one iPad and your kid wants to play on it-you let them, or at least I do. Well--not anymore because I promised Lyndsey I wouldn't cause her any more trouble:)

And it's funny--we've recently had both a member from Plank Divers and AO come visit us a few days, that actually know what PU is like, even joined in our Line chat--and none of them seem to have anything crappy to say about us.

14. Skye

Skye Commodore

I didn't mean it to be crappy, the score is impressive regardless of any tactics taken :) You're all generally very friendly and nice people, and well coordinated as a group. I'd rather an English guild push players up there for once than the Chinese players that were always topping the board for so long. Thanks for giving them some competition!

Fil likes this.
  15. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Great score, I for one congratulate you!

16. The Baconator

The Baconator Powder Monkey

Lol I so agree! apes, show us your defensive logs, we could use a laugh

Tex and Intimidator like this.
  17. Fil

Fil Captain

Somebody else is over 8,000 too...

18. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Wow, Laughing Skulls are really snapping at PUs heels now! Nice job:)

19. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Thanks Capt Sharky, we sorta went like PU! Okay... It's go time!

20. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Good Day Everyone......

With the update now in I'm sure all the guilds will start farming at some level.

Big shout out to all the guilds who banded together to take on PIRATES UNITED in the latest PR push. It sure was allot of FUN!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    APES

Ebow, Compton, RNP and 2 others like this.