Plunder Pirate Movie Ideas

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Sea Patriot, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

If Midoki were to collaborate with a movie studio and make a Plunder Pirate Movie, what would you like the plot to be?

Would all of the pirates be in the movie?

Do you think Midoki would introduce new Pirates and Legendary Pirates to the movie?

And would there be references to the events, seasons and other things like chests and outfits?

I think that some of the longstanding guilds and or alliances could also be cool to include in the movie.

Thoughts and Suggestions,
    Thank you,
    Very Respectfully,
    Sea Patriot

Barbe Rose and Slim Hawks like this.
  2. Slim Hawks

Slim Hawks Crew

What a fantastic idea! So many games have been made into movies, but to my recollection none of them have been pirate-themed. I think something in the spirit of the 'Angry Birds' movies would work well -- targeted at a family audience, with an adventure driven narrative and plenty of humor. The game is split into two parts -- the building of the base and the training of the pirates which is tied to the rumbles, and then there's the exploration map. The movie could unite these two in its plot structure; perhaps the discovery of an island with buried chests (a staple in pirate films) and guilds that rumble for possession of it. The guilds/ guild alliances in the game have such distinct personalities and it would be a lot of fun to bring them to life in the film medium -- I've always liked the mini videos even before playing the game in earnest, and an extended version would lend so easily to the big screen. Particularly when the graphics of this game are so awesome!

3. Barbe Rose

Barbe Rose Crew

I think it should be a wartime/love story. A random buccaneer, from a small fishing village, drawn into a war bigger than him, holding on to his life throughout numerous bloody battles, only to find love in the soft arms of a sweet thieve.

Now we could go for a happy ending … or … for some tragic backstabbing finale by the women he loved, who ends up stealing all his golden teeth and running away with a brand new shiny aeronaut, flying away on a balloon over a red romantic sunset background.

The all thing would be rated R obviously, for language and nudity. ;)

4. Slim Hawks

Slim Hawks Crew

LOL @Barbe Rose, that is some movie pitch :p You can literally see the action unfold with each sentence... and that punchline -- hilarious!

Sea Patriot and Barbe Rose like this.
  5. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

Has anyone seen those Plunder Pirates short intro films? If they made something of that nature, YES I would watch it...but of course with some popcorn on the side...any partakers? :)

6. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

Here is what I mean for those that have not seen this. Plunder Pirates in “A Bucc’s Life”:

Scarlet Fever and Slim Hawks like this.
  7. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

And my favorite!! Plunder Pirates in “Free 2 Pee”:

8. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

How did I forget this one! Ha!! Plunder Pirates in "Mr. Bombastic":

Scarlet Fever and Slim Hawks like this.
  9. Barbe Rose

Barbe Rose Crew

Thanks Slim, coming from you it means even more.;)

Yes Omar Ceceña! I remember those. “Free 2 pee” is my favorite. It also provides some cathartic effect about those recruitment times.:D

I don’t know, but if we are casting actors (based on imdb pictures), I find that Ryan Reynold would be perfect to play a buccaneer… (or Robert De Niro if we want an older one). Jim Carey as a bomber definitely. Zach Galifianakis as a gunner. And let’s throw a DiCaprio in as an Aeronaut. Gal Gadot as a thieve, and maybe Jessica Alba as a priestess. Ho and put Tom Hardy playing a Jugg he is accustomed to have some kind of full mask on.

Ok I’m terrible at this… sorry.:p

Slim Hawks likes this.
  10. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

11. Slim Hawks

Slim Hawks Crew

I love those videos @Omar Ceceña, they always make me laugh. Casting actors for @Barbe Rose's movie, Charlton Heston for the buccaneer, and Rock Hudson as the aeronaut -- Lauren Bacall for the thief who gets unceremoniously dumped by Hudson as they're flying off, straight back into the arms of Heston (who gets the girl and all his gold teeth back) subverting that tragic backstabbing finale for a surprisingly happy ending in the red sunset :)

And for the other pirates, Humphrey Bogart for the bomber, Cary Grant as the gunner and for the priestess, either Sophia Loren or Elizabeth Taylor :cool:

Barbe Rose and Scarlet Fever like this.
  12. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

Barbe Rose that pitch is hilarious !

Barbe Rose likes this.
  13. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Buccaneer - Jason Statham
    Gunner - Jerome Flynn
    Bomber - Eddie Izzard
    Brute - Kristian Nairn
    Juggernaut - Vinnie Jones (sorry...)
    Heavy Gunner - Idris Elba
    Thief - Amanda Seyfried
    Aeronaut - Tom Hiddleston
    Sky Raider - Benedict Cumberbatch
    Witch Doctor - Lenny Henry
    Skellywag - Andy Serkis (mo-capped!)
    Ghastly Gunslinger - Also Andy Serkis (also mo-capped!)
    Priestess - Nicole Beharie

A heartwarming ensemble movie about how a pirate crew embark on a rescue mission to find their missing Witch Doctor, who isn't where they thought he should be.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  14. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

(Obviously the success of this movie depends entirely on Tom Hiddleston's ability to grow a luxurious beard...)

15. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

If u had zach galifianakis in a plunder pirates movie I would watch it in a heartbeat

Slim Hawks and Barbe Rose like this.
  16. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Well I think it also depends on cumberbatchs ability to play dumb (never seen him do it before)

17. Barbe Rose

Barbe Rose Crew

To play the aeronaut, a moustache is enough, no need to go full beard, and ... Good news, he can do it, as a matter of fact, I talked to him he is getting ready:
    [​IMG]
    Eddie Izzard is a great choice for bomber! Your all cast is very british Lindsey, it might come cheaper than mine. That's some good production skills...
    Now we need a Director, and of course someone to play Lindsey...;)

Lynsey [Midoki] and Slim Hawks like this.
  18. Slim Hawks

Slim Hawks Crew

That could not be a more perfect picture of Tom Hiddleston as an Aeronaut!

Barbe Rose likes this.
  19. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Great ideas everyone!

20. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Are you implying that a PP movie may be live action?