Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oak Island, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Good morning @Lynsey [Midoki] - I was just checking out the rewards for the event and noticed something weird. Isn’t it true that Magnificent Spoils chests are supposed to have some chance of gem rewards? I know they used to! I just clicked on one today and it only showed gold n grog, and I don’t think that’s right. Last I knew all the magnificent series chests had some chance of a gem reward. What happened here??

Cheers and thanks!

-Oak

Intimidator, 850arrr and MorganFlint like this.
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're looking into this at the moment, it should be fixed for the next update.

MorganFlint and Oak Island like this.
  3. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Thanks! Much appreciated!

-Oak

4. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

How convenient lol. Busted. No one will notice will they? ;)

Sea Patriot likes this.
  5. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Still no major improvements, updates to enhance gaming experience or introduce of new content in sight?

Intimidator, 850arrr and Oak Island like this.
  6. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

I am wondering the same thing, @Sea Patriot - we have been talking about new content for years and keep getting the same updates, which don’t get me wrong are better than nothing but I think this game really needs something new. Upgrading weapons and walls can only last so long, I already see many of my long time guild mates getting tired of this same old routine. The most fun we have in our guild is during guild events, so I think developing a few new events would add some extra, new fun. I know there have been plenty of ideas proposed here on the forums so I’m not sure why we haven’t at least gotten some type of verbal update on that aspect. Maybe @Lynsey [Midoki] can inform us if we are likely to see any new events coming in the future? And also, i really hate the excuse midoki has given in the past about old devices holding the game back. I think that’s honestly just a load of s*^t. Game progress and development should be a driving force and it’s really only a matter of time until the long term, money paying players leave because “old devices” are holding them back. New game development should be a top priority and if players love the game enough then they should be on board with that concept even if it means upgrading a device at some point. Rant over.

Cheers and happy sailing!!

-Oak

7. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Very well said Oak. I'm just about done with the game myself, nothing new to play for and basically just not interested anymore in the same 'ol same 'ol endless walls and mindless upgrades. I hope there's more around the corner to entice us older players because right now the game is stale in my book.

Intimidator and Sea Patriot like this.
  8. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Couldn’t agree more. If we hadn’t had our guilds and pirate community to keep us interested we’d have bolted a long time ago. We ve waited far too long. Wheres all the gem money gone from everyone upgrading and playing like a bunch of lunatics for the leaderboards? I know at least a couple players that could have funded at least one new event for everyone. Just saying...how many gems would one spend for 600-750k rumble for a single player? I’ve seen the crew these guys/gals use and I’m sure it’s at least 20 gems per attack. No clue what the points are at 900-1000+ pr these days but that’s still a hefty chunk of change for ONE rumble. Not that anyone owes us an explanation but I can do simple math. Simple color schemes and new levels couldn’t have been that much overhead. After all, many players helped troubleshoot all the ph13 oopsies and oversights. It seemed a bit thrown together tbh. Something is better than nothing I suppose. It just doesn’t seem quite right. :(

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Sea Patriot likes this.
  9. Broadside

Broadside Crew

My estimate for gemming streaks are about 100 gems for 10k pp. So 600k is about 6000 gems. I could be off, higher players are getting 2k+ pp per attack and spend more 20+ gems per attack. I'm not at that level, but troops to get a 1500 to 1650 pp yield cost between 15 and 17 gems. Long streaks get a little discount.

Intimidator likes this.
  10. Lynsey [Midoki]

A new event is in the works!

I appreciate the frustration about lower end devices holding the game back, but the issue is that we have look at the player base, what percentages are playing on various devices, etc, as its a community and competitive game. Even players on top end devices might start dropping off if most of their guildmates have been ejected from the game due to having lower end devices, as there's no point having new content if there's no-one to enjoy it with. Even if we just looked at paying players - there's still long term, paying players on older devices.

That said, the percentage of older devices is gradually dwindling, so we're hoping that by the time the next PH upgrade comes out, we'll be able to expand the size of the island, allow more defences and increase the Tavern and Guild Ship capacities, so that people can start mixing up their layouts and crew composition a bit more.

Oak Island and 850arrr like this.
  11. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

There are far fewer players due to the their exhaustion of waiting and waiting and waiting for new content that never came. Whatever new content did come, inflated costs for upgrades followed. It’s sad how we went from regularly announced news/content/upgrades with results to being let down by what appears to be broken promises.

Yet, a handful of us remain a small band of brothers & sisters, across various guilds.

12. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Pretty sure if people don’t wanna update their super old and outdated devices, it’s highly doubtful they’re spending money on the game. So [EDITED] off all your paying players by not bringing new development to the game and see what’s left. What’s the big rush for another pirate hall anyway? We had two back to back. All I see is a bunch of broke pirates these days. How many 2,3,400k loot bases can I keep nexting to find anything worth attacking? Let us enjoy the ride for a minute. Having something to do is fine and dandy but the same old thing all the time gets boring. Been seeing a fair amount of black/red wall bases abandoned and all loot in the collectors, so that’s not encouraging.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2019
    850arrr and Sea Patriot like this.
  13. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

It took me 3+ years to buy gems, I’m probably gonna let mine run dry and that’s it. So sad, but it is what it is.

14. Arrr

Arrr Powder Monkey

I play on an old device and would be upset if I couldn't play this game anymore but I do believe it hurts the game as people have already stated. I feel like the developers could create some limitations as to what old devices can see. For example if a new feature is added and the developers have concluded that it can't work out with an old device than players with old devices cannot see the feature. I used to play this game called hungry shark evolution where such limitations were present, an example would be portals that let you go to other maps, old devices couldn't even see the portals. There were other features unavailable to old devices but I think you get the point I'm trying to make.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  15. Arrr

Arrr Powder Monkey

I think people with old devices to spend money on the game I mean not everyone will just buy a new device to play a game especially if their current device isn't broken. Devices are also getting pretty expensive so that might be another reason why people don't just buy new devices.

16. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Theres a lot of small guilds out there (including mine) that lack pirates needed to find all the perks,
    Hello @Arrr name sounds familiar, have you ever been to Apostles’ Creed?

17. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I’m inappropriate? Lol that’s funny. What’s inappropriate is telling us the game is still being developed. Meanwhile all I hear is excuses why that isn’t being done. What if Apple or Microsoft said they couldn’t develop new technology because there were too many people using the old stuff? If people truly enjoy the game and wanna play it they’ll find a way to upgrade. You don’t have to get the latest Samsung or iPhone/iPad to be able to do stuff. There are cheap tablets or phones out there that are capable of running all the latest stuff. The quality may not be all that great but its out there.

Back when we were talking about old devices being iPhone 4 and new ones were like 6-7 it didn’t seem far fetched. However when we now have Samsung/iPhone 10 or whatever the latest ones are, it seems utterly ridiculous to support these devices we talked about YEARS AGO even! I reject it to the fullest extent. It’s not reasonable in the least. Don’t believe it. It’s all lies don’t believe a word.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    MorganFlint, 850arrr and Sea Patriot like this.
  18. @Intimidator.. Muther will still be their for you..It's all good. Bill Gates want's to dance off with you on dancing with the stars..he purchased some really cool Linux phones..so you could speed test the graphics on the device's.

Nokia are interested in your feed back too with Snakes...the game. Its a pixel that moves around and grows when you eat the dot.

Also best wishes. D

p.s. please Smile all :)

19. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

What happens if someone reports you? If i curse with symbols and part of the letters that is ok? but if I blatantly type it...not so much? No offense @Oak Island lol. I’m just trying to see why I can get away with here. Who made these rules and who determines what is offensive? I find everything dplank says offensive but I’m not complaining. It’s all jibber jabber no one understand its ok lol.

MorganFlint likes this.
  20. Lynsey [Midoki]

It's covered in the forum rules: "6. Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. Abbreviations, self censoring, and attempts to circumvent the word censoring feature of the community software also violate this guideline. If your post contains a word that is censored by the software, you must remove that word or the post will be removed. If you feel that the censor is acting in error, please contact us."

In regards to old devices, etc - please remember that we can actually see what proportion of the player base is playing on what devices, who's paying, etc. You can't. We're not going to lop off a huge chunk of our player base which includes long term, loyal players.

And I don't think that it's a secret any more that we are developing a brand new game alongside Pirates, so we're definitely developing new technology. ;) We are continuing to develop for Pirates, but if you're not happy with what we're producing, then there's not much we can do about that. I'd never recommend that someone plays a game that makes them miserable*.

I'd also like to remind several members of the board that just because you've deleted a post, doesn't mean that we can't see it. ;)

* Apart from Dark Souls.

PS: Floppy disks are a bit modern for us, cassettes are where it's at.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    850arrr likes this.