Recruiting.... Bah!

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Dragonn Mistress, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Everyone is looking for recruits. I've been trying for months with only one responded suggestion that I look at so-and-so, but everyone seems to want to be captain of their own guild, myself included. I belonged to a nice guild until everyone but me got bored with the game, so I created my own guild. Anyone who has just started a guild with only themselves as pirates knows how hard it is to keep fighting all alone.... No guild perks, so longer times in hiring pirates, sailing time, and no donating pirates to help you to fight. The strongest pirate stronghold can't resist attacking you. It's frustrating, but I can't stop trying to fight, even though I get my butt kicked. I can't rumble or streak, but that doesn't bother me. I just want pirates who like to play a nice competitive game. Is that so much to ask?? I play daily doing the best I can. I build as much as I can considering it takes so much longer. I'm in this for the long haul, even if I have to play alone. I'm looking for recruits who simply want to have fun. Again, I don't think that's too much to ask. Please think about Dragonn's Lair. I think it takes courage and perseverance to be all alone in a guild and still be able to keep going, building, attacking, and trying to stay positive. Am I the only senior citizen out there?

2. John56

John56 First Mate

There are plenty of Guilds out there that are adult only (and some that have members who need adult diapers :)). Some have casual Rumbles, some don't rumble at all.
    It seems like the issue is that you want to be Captain. If you can get past that hurdle, stop by and visit one of the Midnight Guilds. We have a Rumble Guild, a training Guild and 2 nice, quiet Guilds for players who like to chat occasionally, but for the most part do their own thing. That is much easier to do with funded perks and troop donations to help.
    If you want, I would be happy to come by and be a placeholder in your Guild while you go visiting. I am not sure what happens to a Guild if there are no members at all...

3. Thanks for saying hello, John! I've been asked to check out other guilds, but you're right about one thing... I like being captain. As I said earlier, I was in a guild where players became lazy, bored, whatever until after a couple of months playing by myself, I quit and started my own guild. Yeah, I'm alone and it takes me a much longer time to get where I want to go, but if I must go it alone in my own guild, so be it. I don't have the luxury to play rumbles or streak and that's what most other guilds want to do. Maybe my wanting to be "captain of my own ship" as they say has a lot to do with retiring from a supervisory career....the woman in charge. But, I thank you very much for posting. Happy plundering!

John56 likes this.
  4. And I have no ide what you mean about being a placeholder. Sorry

5. Midnight Raiders looks great, but I don't even know how to join if I wanted to... Hah, just goes to show ya how much I know!

6. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Recruiting is hard for everyone at the moment, most of all small guilds with little to no visibility on the leaderboards. Our guild is one of the longest-standing guilds in PP land, and we've been having a hard time trying to fill our last few spots, despite having pushed our way to the top 30 on the guild leaderboard. We've got a great mix of players and pretty lively chat. Perks & donation requests are filled lickety-split. If you're interested in stopping by to see what we can offer, you can find us on the guild leaderboard around 30th place and send a request. @Kelani is our captain, but really it's us lady pirates who are in charge ;)

7. Blondie

Blondie Powder Monkey

What he means by placeholder is if you choose to join another guild for a day or so to check it out, yours disappears as there are no existing members. John will stay there so your guild / name remains intact while you look about. He's in the Midnight Alliance with me, and is an awesome dude.

Tiger Claw, awbo and Dragonn Mistress like this.
  8. Thank you, Blondie. But I'm only a powder monkey in my own guild, so how can I promote?

10. bucket

bucket First Mate

Recruiting is very difficult. Deltabravocrew and I started AR back in september 2015 and for the first month and a half it was rough. Like you said almost no perks which make it difficult to explore and plunder without them. Things will get better it will just take time. Stop by anytime to say hello or join in a rumble, American Ranger is were ill be. Hope everything works out for you.

11. Thanks, really appreciate the invite. Time for me to explore options. Alone in this game since June and I'm tired of not being able to participate.

12. Jonesy

Jonesy Crew

You are a Powder Monkey on the forums, but you are the Captain of your guild, Dragonn's Lair. John is offering to come sit in your guild (ingame) as the captain long enough for you to check out one of the Midnight Alliance guilds, if you choose to. He is very trustworthy and I think you would like being in one of the nonrumbling Midnight guilds. I prefer rumbling so I joined Rumbles, but there are other options and across the whole alliance we are a pretty "mature" group of players (I don't dare call anyone old anymore as a lot of people think I am too old to be playing these games ;) )

Tiger Claw, awbo and Dragonn Mistress like this.
  13. P

14. Thanks, Jonesy, I'd like to join, just can't figure out how. I'm old(er) and I'm quite comfortable in that.

Kelani likes this.
  15. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Hi @Ldoherty to join another guild is fairly straightforward:
    1. Locate the guild you wish to join (guild--search) check what their PH & PR requirements are - since you will need to ensure you meet them to be able to join.
    2. Leave the guild you are in (guild--settings--leave) however be aware if you are the only member your guild will disappear (which is why @John56 offered to 'house-sit' for you).
    3. Locate the guild you wish to join (guild--search) and click 'request to join'.
    Good luck!

Tiger Claw likes this.
  16. Christy

Christy Commodore

Maybe I am having a blonde moment here BUT if your the only member and you leave the guild and it disappears why not just create the guild again after visiting others? Also if you don't have anyone joining your guild you almost have to start out as just a member of a guild. Many of the current guild captains started out as powder monkeys in other guilds. Recruiting can be hard even for long established guilds. I hope you find what your looking for @Ldoherty :)

Tiger Claw likes this.
  17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

As you should be! There's plenty of us older types in this game. And we have quite a few things to teach these whippersnappers ;)

Dragonn Mistress likes this.
  18. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I might be retired from daily battles, but I still play and want to offer my own agreement with John's offer. He (as well) as the other Midnight captains understand fair play, respect others and are as honest as they come.

TiGeR

John56 likes this.
  20. Hi Christy! I was a member of a guild that slowly fizzled out. When it came down to just me, I left and started my own, so I've been solo for 7 months. Found a great guild yesterday and very happy about it.

Rachael, Kelani and John56 like this.