Regarding Top 200 Ranking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jun, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Jun

Jun First Mate

First, as a disclaimer, I have been up to the top 20 recently, and have reached it without using any gems for pushing.

As many of you may be aware, the situation at the top is rather a mess. I don't call it cheating, because it is entirely within the system, but it is a loophole that is not playing within the spirit of the game. I want to start a brainstorm as to what sort of solutions we can have for the situation at the top ranks.

The situation: People are purposely leaving their guild, then searching for their (previous) guildmate, and surrendering to them in order to give them free PR points. I'm going to label the players who surrender as "feeders" and the one who receives as "pig". I call this the "Pig-feeding strategy". If you look at the rankings, you can see that the very top ~12 or so players are close, and then it suddenly drops off. Those top ~12 or so players are all likely "pigs".

The Feeder may use gems to quickly climb in rank, and then coordinate with the Pig to start surrendering to that player. I have seen this as I tracked a player who was gemming to attack and reached ~750, switched guilds, then dropped down to 630 in the span of a few hours.

What sort of changes can be implemented to discourage this type of behavior?

2. Landon

Landon First Mate

GUILD WARS! 'Nuff said. This strategy has been used on other games where you have a feeder guild and a main guild. I have 4 Apple devices and I could easily make for accounts and could do the same strategy. Considering all you need is to hit the top rank.. Once you reach 800 ranking, you pretty much see the same ppl every handful of clicks. Call it cheating? Technically, no. But it's a plausible way of getting to the top rank easily.I mean seriously.. who has a complete base defense with lvl 1 gold/grog mines?

As you can see, players with the same guilds are up there and they came out of nowhere. 4 months ago, back when I started, there were no Chinese guilds topping the charts. If this game was region-locked or language locked as in, English speaking players you'd see a difference. I'm also glad that this game doesn't have a weekly prize for being in the top cuz those guys up there, in my opinion, don't deserve it. :mad:

3. Christy

Christy Commodore

I don't see the joy in being at the top when you haven't worked your Ass off to get it. Not fair :mad: weather it's "cheating" or not. It's a cop out.

4. Floki

Floki Captain

Its a lot less fun at higher ranking as the numbers of bases you can attack is far less. Hey if they want to do it go for it.
    In many ways its like dropping rank to farm.....A Maxed base with a pirate rank of 2 to 3 hundred...To my mind if you are at a certain level you should be stopped from dropping to lower levels that seems to me to be a bigger problem as it does not allow lower guys to grow at the same rate as older bases did.

5. I just feel like there is no pride in being a top *whatever* player by utilizing this way of gaining PR.

6. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

@ Fish-eye. You may want to edit your choice of words, a great many people may find the use of the term in that manner derogatory and socially unacceptable. Just FYI before a new maelstrom arises. :)

7. I hear you, that's why I added the spoiler text. But specially for those people let me clarify. I have no issue with gay and/or lesbian people. This is image is used in it's context as internet slang. It's use is only to describe the category described by my previous post as lacking pride and real motivation. Thanks for you support @Shark Bait

8. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Fish Eyed, listen to nobody, you may have your own opinion on any term and tolerance itself.
    Jun, waiting your revenge for my last attack ;)
    I dont like that rank pumping, but its absolutely in-law. And big ranks are so rank-giving )

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  9. Jun

Jun First Mate

Barbed, you attacked me? Are you subadriver? eh..

10. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Барбед, russian transliteration of Barbed

11. Jun

Jun First Mate

ah. Great :D

12. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I have a solution. I'll be the pig and y'all start feeding me. When I get to the top I'll arrange my decorations in protest. You can find me around 700.

13. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

To reduce effect of rank pumping developers may narrow range of opponent's rank. But it will reduce the number of opponents to offer, not sure what worse.

14. Floki

Floki Captain

Later the number of ranked players will increase dramatically so reducing rank pumping would work.
    I

15. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

some of the rate of climbing at and to such high positions has been rediculous by a few players and a few guilds. even the above method doesn't account for it imo. déjà vu... it's sam siege all over again. the playing field does not feel even, although technically it may be. my Spidey sense (Ziggy sense) tells me it isn't.

16. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

I don't plan on going for rAnk until I finish building. Most ppl I think R still in the building phase.

17. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

it's cyclical but you too will reach the point(less) where there is only rank to achieve only to find it isn't achievable without some chicanery or glitch or shenanigans and or collusion. there's a reason the top has been as it has for so long. something don't smell right...

Salty Snack likes this.
  18. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Sounds like somebody forgot to take their annual bath :rolleyes:

Christy likes this.
  19. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

you bath? we shower in the antipodes. bathing should be done in the sun at the beach (at least we did when I was a kid. now it's forbidden unless fully clothed and covered in goop, hat n glasses). shrugs, wonders off in the direction of the shed to make "get off my lawn" sign, muttering something bout world going to hell in a basket.

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  20. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Yes. This is where I am now. Went higher than I expected, and can hang here, but it isn't much fun with all the shenanigans.