Regarding Top 200 Ranking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jun, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I think this will even out when more players get to PH7 and are pretty much maxed. Most of the players are far from maxed, so if we wait a while for the ''noobs/newcomers'' to catch up, the leader board will look very different (hopefully).
    And when they add android to the scene, there will be even more players. I'm not saying that the system works fine and we just have to wait, but it will definitely get better once the new guys catches up.

2. Floki

Floki Captain

I think the speed of catch up will amaze many...Was a very short time ago I could battle my way from 500 to 600 in a heart beat now its a struggle and then to maintain....Oh its a pirates life..

3. Kyzo

Kyzo Crew

Im having alot of players tell me there quiting because the game is just going completely haywire with these chinese players and guilds just jumping ranks within the space of a night and if this is how they are doing it its unfair gameplay meaning other players arent going to have a chance at all and everyone is gonna quit.

Midoki you created a fucking good game a grand game if you will, but you should be sorting this shit out.

Im all for players and guilds earning there spot like i did but to have guilds jump to your rank over night wich seems almost impossible is kinda insulting​

4. Landon

Landon First Mate

Guild Wars! You only have 2 chances to attack and defend without gems.

5. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Hanging in the top 200 means only two or three attacks a day, without spending gobs of gems. It's become even more boring than farming.

6. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

How about only allowing player to surrender once all their units have been deployed in battle?
    It would cost the feeder their troops. The work around for this would be to quickly gem up a new crew, but there'd be real expense to those pushing their friends' PR. Midoki would like this fix right? :)
    I'm finishing up my PH7 in a couple hours (first to 7 in my guild of 35-50 mostly inactive players), worked and waited for it without buying gems (for the challenge), but have succumbed to dropping rank to farm.
    I'll be jumping to an active guild soon, can certainly afford gems, but have no interested in spending money and losing the fun. Keeping the game fun, challenging, and having a level playing field without loopholes will translate into more retained players and ultimately more profit for the company. Personally have no right to gripe though as I've enjoyed this game at no cost!

TBird likes this.
  7. TBird

TBird Captain

Actually I enjoy farming... At least there's different bases to experiment on. All the high level bases have the same layout, very boring....
    Same attack works on all of them 90% of the time.

I farmed on Weds and had a blast.
    Now I'm back at 700 and bored again.

Becker, if you are looking for an active top 10 team, give We R a try

8. jaydpirate

jaydpirate Powder Monkey

These kinda frustrate me now..
    I had a maxed out base except for some gold mines upgrades..
    Currently had a rank of 811.. My highest rank was at 841..
    And i was at these rank for quite some time now..
    I'm having a hard time moving up out of PIrate rank 800..
    Why does we only get less trophies to attack than to defend?
    Everytime i searched for an enemy, it would be like +2, +3, +5
    And if you didnt got a star on an attack, you'll loose -20 or so?
    Why the discrepancy is so big?!
    So I might as well not to attack anymore and wait for attackers on my island?
    Its really frustrating

9. GeNeTiiX

GeNeTiiX Powder Monkey

sent a email to midoki on the issue. Response was... I understand that it is frustrating seeing these players on the top with that kind of islands, but they have also spent a lot of money on this game and seem to be playing fairly. Their tactic is simply to level up as much as they can as quickly as they can by speeding this up with gems. After this, they purchase one week shield in order to hold their top ranking. They are able to arrange their bases so because they can be sure that no one can attack against them at least in one week which is why it might look like cheating when in reality they are just under a shield. Of course they will be unable to do this again for about one month because the cooldown period for one week shield is 28 days. I can assure you that we are constantly checking the ranking and cheaters are always punished harshly whenever we discover those. I hope this clarifies the issue. Still bs they can't boost imo

10. TBird

TBird Captain

All part of the scoring loophole problem that needs to be fixed.
    A game with Plunder in its name and has pirates that should be attacking to make a living...
    You shouldn't make more points from just sitting in your base and not doing anything.
    And you shouldn't be able to pass lots of points from farm bases surrendering to big brother bases.
    And you should make a lot more points for plundering in a game with Plunder in its name.

11. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Just needs a balancing of PR.
    50% of scores based on attacking - current point per attack factor in, but also percentage of wins vs losses (say in last month to allow for farming when it's needed), total gold/grog plundered.
    50% of score on defense - percent of succesful defense in last month, NO POINTS for "succesful" defense with no pirates sent, etc.
    Some formula similar to above would be fair. Fine, allow for a shield to preserve your rank for a week, but no fake defensive wins.
    The fix seems simple to me...

Kelani and jaydpirate like this.
  12. TBird

TBird Captain

Good ideas, need to add this to the list over at

http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/ways-to-improve-the-scoring-loophole.4415/

13. Kyzo

Kyzo Crew

Point is this game needs to be tweaked, otherwise midoki has created a game for chinese players cause everyone is gonna quit. Then how much are the chinese gonna spend when its just them?

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

Some people need to start using hash tags got their posts. I can recommend one. #Racist

15. Jun

Jun First Mate

I would agree, our references shouldn't be based on ethnicity.

They are playing smarter and found a loophole that others can't replicate to their level. So we cry injustice!

16. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Agreed.

You can't have it so if someone leaves a Guild (On their own accord not kicked) they can never rejoin it and that would be the only way to truly stop it. The only thing I can think of is maybe an extended wait period to rejoin the same Guild.

17. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

You just have another member start a new guild and everybody moves over. Wouldn't change a thing.

18. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I thought about that and at least it would require more work. There's no way to completely stop this practice from happening though.

19. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Hi Jun

I'm a little slow on this thread but I couldn't agree more. I did put up a post under bugs and I called it PR boosting for lack of better term. These loopholes as you call them are not new in the gaming world and I believe can kill a game. Not sure what the answer is but I can tell you this when I look at the leader board I can tell who is legit and who are system manipulators. Jun I tip my hat to you cause you truly are one of the top players. And cheers to the rest of the guilds and players who grind it out every day. Don't lose faith better days are ahead.

Respectfully
    APES
    PS sorry about the attack the other day but thx for the +12 :)

Kyzo likes this.
  20. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I just hope they don't start offering Gems to the Top players and Guilds.