Regional Rankings and doubts about top player locals.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glass Eater, Apr 27, 2015.

1. So, while I have no way of verifying otherwise, there are certainly doubts that I have about the location of several of the top players in the U.S. regional player ranking. Why would I have doubts, well, 3 of the top 5 players all have names written in an Asian language and are flying Chinese flags on their islands. Now, is it possible that they live in the U.S., speak an Asian language and fly a Chinese flag, of course it is. That doesn't mean however, that some individuals might not declare that they live elsewhere in an attempt to show domination for themselves and their guild in many different highly populated and therefore more prestigious regions around the world. So my question is, how is it determined where you live for those regional rankings, and is there anyway for either myself or Midoki to verify that location or enforce a code of conduct in that regard. Just my own two cents on the issue, but I'm sure the U.S. isn't the only place that this question has come up. Certainly none of it matters too much, but I figure Midoki wouldn't have put that ranking in there if they didn't care if it was fare or didn't have intentions for its use at some point in some way.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I think you csn just change your region in your iPhone settings.

Glass Eater likes this.
  3. That's how I figured it was calculated, too bad there isn't a way to actually make these rankings accurate. Would be much more fun if there were.

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

Ian likes this.
  5. TBird

TBird Captain

@Glass Eater , just find a country you can kick butt.
    I live in Ohio, but vacation in Belize...
    Sooooo, I'm #1 in Belize ;)
    [​IMG]

Tex likes this.
  6. Lol, wish I could get on board with that, but to me it takes the fun away. Not so much patriotism, but because I live in a country with a lot of players and like the fact, I could potentially be #1. This is however the same reason the Chinese players are playing all over the board. But for the most part they are in the same #1 and #2 ranked guilds. I can't imagine it's for recruitment. But who knows.

7. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Lol. Dominating the Belizeans. Bully...

8. Burnz

Burnz Captain

@Glass Eater There is no point in caring, Midoki doesn't care about the leader board otherwise #1 and 2 wouldn't have easily 3 starred islands as they do now, but their bases are crap and yet they still are at the top. The system is being taken advantage of and Midoki isn't doing anything about it.

9. Tex

Tex Commodore

[​IMG]

No need to worry folks. It was just Tex taking over the Iraq Leaderboard.
    I'm not returning home until I plunder a few million barrels of oil. :D

[​IMG]

TBird likes this.
  10. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Oooh, I need some oil.

[​IMG]

TBird and Bear like this.
  11. TBird

TBird Captain

Ok, back in the U.S.
    See if I can get past the 2 folks in front of me flying China flags
    And with guild names like that... They may be from Iowa:confused:
    Sure @Lynsey [Midoki] can look up where they really live.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Ian likes this.
  12. Tex

Tex Commodore

Well, since Plunder Pirates is a game of island domination, Tex has taken the U.S. #1 spot. :cool:

[​IMG]

Ian and TBird like this.
  13. Floki

Floki Captain

I smashed DrAlisaffar the other day then ran as fast as I could then I thought I'm not a christen so I'm safe then I thought I'm still an infidel.:p:p:p:p:p

Tex likes this.
  14. Tex

Tex Commodore

Lol @Floki you make me laugh so hard! :D
    I shall send you some barrels of oil I plundered before sailing out of there.

Floki likes this.
  15. Floki

Floki Captain

We try...:D:D:D
    Actually I thought this game is really spreading around the globe when I say who I had plundered...I now have a jihad out on me.:oops::oops:

16. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Good luck Tbird.

17. Not true they have corrected people who change their country to be at top player on the local leaderboard at least once. (might be more but I can only confirm one time)

18. I will come back

I will come back Powder Monkey

Midoki has already changed the search parameter so ppl at rank 6 or 7 hundreds can search ppl at 2k ish.

Skye likes this.
  19. Burnz

Burnz Captain

That wasn't what I was referring to.
    edit- Ok, this thread is about that, but I was talking about the worldwide leaderboard.

Well, he is finally dropping down, but he sat at 1950+ for a very long time. Longer than shields last, we all know that his base is easily destroyed for huge trophies to the winner. But I must say, you have jumped up a bunch and he has lost a bunch. You must be the one taking advantage of his easy base. Shocking that you were in the same guild and are rising so quickly.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015