Regional Rankings and doubts about top player locals.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glass Eater, Apr 27, 2015.

1. I will come back

I will come back Powder Monkey

Haha, the #4 player and I have been camping for the #1 and #2 players. I must have said that all the rank I gained after 1070 or 1080 are from the top 2 players.

2. TBird

TBird Captain

In theory maybe...
    but in practice not so much.
    I'm at PR 889 and seeing the same 20 or so bases between 675-901
    Nothing any higher than 901, even tho I am maxed out on everything; I can't get anyone over 901 to show up in my "next" searches.
    And finding your base or any of the bases above me in the US besides Codfather has been impossible.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  3. TBird

TBird Captain

Burnz,
    One down, one more to get past.... then on to @I will come back
    If he really does live in the US
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  4. Tex

Tex Commodore

I suppose they could have the game open or be protected by a shield. If not perhaps this is a bug that should be reported. A big deal about the last update was to flush those guys at the top out of hiding.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

I feel like changing your country settings in your phone is a good way to get watchlisted, at least if you live here in the states.

Joking aside, I'd imagine most of the people in the top 20 or so have a shield fairly often, or have their devices open pretty regularly. Even if they can get attacked, its only twice a day if they don't break the shield, so they're not going to show up very often, and even if they do make it into your search pool, they're going to be a needle in a giant haystack of lower ranked players.

6. TBird

TBird Captain

That's the thing tho....
    I see the same 15-20 names, over and over and over....
    I'm sure some of those guys are tired of me hitting their bases every day

Now if I could see the guys in the top 5-10 in the world I would go pick on them.
    Maybe @Lynsey [Midoki] might know if those top guys are getting hit by folks in the 700s-800s
    Just weird how the #1 guy in the world lost 300 points since this thread started and the #3 guy earned 300 points at the same time

7. I will come back

Hi, TBird. Players in the top 10 are quite steady within the past 10 days I can say. Besides, most of the players above PR 950 would inform their guild mates right after they plunder a high rank player or see a high rank player get offline. So their guild buddies will know what time to look for those high PR players (12 hrs after attack and 5 mins after log off). That's why it is so hard to search a player at high PR since they get shield up really quick and they don't want to break it. Besides, I am living in the U.S. and I am originally from China. Hope my crappy English is making sense here. haha

Tex and Skye like this.
  8. Codfather

Codfather Powder Monkey

Rank # 1 USA 1344 get real :D I don't care how you get your points...your base can be 3 stared just like mine ;)

awbo likes this.
  9. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Obviously they are win trading right now.

10. I will come back

I am pretty sure every base can be 3 started, somehow.

11. Codfather

Codfather Powder Monkey

Hook me up :D

12. TBird

TBird Captain

Agree with @Codfather
    I don't shield, Cod doesn't shield, Sadism doesn't shield
    I'm sitting at 889 without a shield right now...
    Please let your guilds know they should drop their shields and let the rest of the world have a shot at their bases @I will come back

13. Tex

Tex Commodore

I just hope Midoki follows these conversations so they can make the game more fair in the future. I don't have the answers, but it's clear there are too many loopholes in the current leaderboard system. I don't even care to push up high any more because it's a joke.

Evil Rastlin likes this.
  14. I will come back

They do drop their shields on a regular base (12 hrs). The thing is that most of high PR players know when their opponent' shield runs out. Let's say after I attack a Chinese player at 11 pm, I will set a timer for 12 hours. Then I will start searching at 10:55 am since I know it's midnight in the time zone that that player lives in so he is very unlikely to be online and is vulnerable to be attacked. This rule works for those players who are hiding in the shield.

15. TBird

TBird Captain

896 and no shield...
    Just saying

Skye likes this.
  16. Suspicious indeed

17. Little lower now, lol ;)

18. TBird

TBird Captain

Reset, no shield
    See if anyone else wants to tryo_O

19. Out of grog, as I'm sure you know, otherwise...

20. Virus

Virus First Mate

Yeah they changed the 600 and 700 range. However i get a bit tired of seeing +0 of -24. The pool is bigger but nothing to gain from that than -24........ Unfortunately