Replay and Real Time Battle doesn't match, didn't get as much loot as the replay showed i did

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by John Williams, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Walker D. Plank

Walker D. Plank Powder Monkey

Yes, been experience the same problem. Someone attacked me, got 49%. Pirate Hall was intact. He got 1 star, I got a shield. He should have never received a star. He never touched my gold storage, but walked away with 79k gold. He did hit a four gold mines that are only level 4. The most 4 mines could hold would be 26k. The math just ain't adding up. On the replay, it shows he only got 23% of my base when the replay ended. I think my town is haunted. Yes, that's it. It's the ghosts and bats wreaking havoc, I tell ya!

2. So probably in "his battle" he did took down your PH.. And this is after the update?

3. Walker D. Plank

Walker D. Plank Powder Monkey

This was before the update.

4. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

I have had at least 2 attacks on my base today where the replay and the resource loss in completely different.

5. Then those can't really count anymore as Midoki promised to fix this bug

6. Hey guys, there's still some issues with the replays, I'm afraid.
    Please be aware that the Log is always correct and the actual issue is the with how different devices handle calculations in the replays.
    This is constantly being worked out and will get better with each update.

Gangrene Beard and Bear like this.
  7. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Happened to me today. Juggs don't fight but then replay shows they did. Plus we had somebody who on defense had 2 brutes walk straight through his double wall like it wasn't even there.

8. placo

placo Crew

Im still having the problem as well. I was just attacked and according to the replay description, i lost all of my resources. When i actually watch the replay, i barely lost any. The is a difference of several hundred thousand total! And the mortars are still makin peeps go through walls, not as much but it still ocationally happens

9. CptnBldWs

CptnBldWs Powder Monkey

Yes, it seems the battle bug fixes aren't working

10. Keelhauler Jake

Keelhauler Jake First Mate

Given that this is the case - which I accept it is although it's odd to watch a replay that seems a perfectly played battle and find out that it wasn't the real battle - then watching replays to figure out the weaknesses in my defenses and correct them doesn't really do me any good given that I can't rely on them to show what actually happened.
    There goes one of my tactics for improvement...

Kenta likes this.
  11. Fe_C

Fe_C Crew

As I've read the threads and understand the log is always correct. Therefore my question is: Does calculations in the replays always the same?
    I have one defensive log today around 0300 GMT which has logged 51% destruction. When I watched the replay "before daily maintenance", it was showing 48%. I watched the replay again "after daily maintenance" and now it is showing as 68%.

Would daily maintenance affect the calculations in the replays? Any other factors would affect the calculations in the replays (say skill trained at Academy)?

Thanks for help in advance.

12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

The replay is based solely on placement of troops. That and time of abilities used are the only data fed into the game engine when it generates a replay. Unfortunately, that is why the replay is often inaccurate, because the chance that a pirate will go left, right, win, lose, etc is all new. Finishing an academy upgrade should have no effect on the outcome of the replay. Hope this helps clear things up

Fe_C likes this.
  13. Fe_C

Fe_C Crew

Thanks Gangrene Beard for the reply. However the explanation doesn't 100% clearing my queries.

I understand the replays are generated from data fed to server which the calculations are all new each time a replay runs, therefore chances of discrepancy between the log and the replay is always there. What I would like to know is any other factors could affect the calculation beside "how different devices to handle the calculations".

I have run the replay 10+ times "before daily maintenance", and they all showing 48%. Then I run the replay 10+ times again "after daily maintenance" and they all showing as 68%.

If each replay run gives different results (E.g. 48, 51, 68, 46, 55, 67, 51, 65, 71, 48, 46, 72, etc), then we may deduce there is an inconsistency on data fed calculation. Apparently this is not the case. What I have experienced is two calculations results shown, which is 48% "before daily maintenance" and 68% "after daily maintenance". If the data fed solely on placement of troops then each replay should be consistent even though the result is not the same as the log. Hence my question is: Could the daily maintenance affect the calculations?

Many Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'll need to run tests with my own replays but you may have stumbled upon an underlying truth. It's quite possible that this is the case, now was either replay actually correct? That's an interesting question. So, the only way to accurately test the theory is by reviewing replays of attacks. I'll do what I can to test it on my end, unless @Chris [Midoki] or @Sir Bugsalot want to jump in to clear it up...