Road to PH8, long walkthrough incoming !

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by gmt, May 16, 2015.

1. gmt

gmt Powder Monkey

Hi everyone ! So as i suggested on an other thread, finally created that, a walkthrough PH5 to PH8. All of your advices or anything are welcome here ! So PH5 since 6:00 in the morning, i just though for a layout and finally created this one, let's give me your tips !​

PS : I really need your help for the flame gate, i don't know where i should put this to make it efficient !!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here a zoom on the center :
    [​IMG]

Kelani likes this.
  2. TheAdmin

TheAdmin Crew

Have you been attacked yet with this layout? What were your results? In my small experience, creating a mote with unimportant objects on both sides seems to scatter my enemies' units out pretty well, in some cases attacking the opposite intended direction. I am curious how your setup is working out though. I don't have as many things as you do at the moment so I'm sure strategy is always changing! Great work though! Impressive =D

3. gmt

gmt Powder Monkey

I'll post it when I will bee attacked. And thanks for the feedback :) I'll update the thread on each change done on my layout !

TheAdmin likes this.
  4. TheAdmin

TheAdmin Crew

Excellent! It looked very well balanced from all angles!

5. Captain Crumbly

Captain Crumbly Powder Monkey

Would move mines and traps outside walls. Having them inside will make juggernaut jump your walls to disarm them.

Tex and TheAdmin like this.
  6. TheAdmin

TheAdmin Crew

That's reeeally good to know... I'm umm I'm going to brb... I need to borrow a shovel! Lol

7. gmt

gmt Powder Monkey

Forgot that ! thanks , i'll put change it and post then :)

8. I also like this base but personally for gunners, I always tend to place my mortars well within walls at least 5-7 blocks away from the walls (considering heavy gunners too), though maybe I, thinking to hard for a base of this magnitude. These are probably tips you will only need later.

9. gmt

gmt Powder Monkey

First, thanks for the feedback, and yes i already though about that, but like this mortars cover the largest area and gunners gonna have to destroy buildings before reach mortars , anyway as i said I'll update when attacked :)

10. Ian

Ian Commodore

Turn your canons to where you expect the attacks to come from, (most of yours at the moment appear to be face inwards). This will increase the response times for these weapons against any incoming attack.

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

And not just canons. All defenses can be rotated to make them quicker on the attack

gmt likes this.
  12. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Agree with capt crumbly and saw you will make changes -- I would also advise not putting mines, etc, at openings in your walls unless you have a lot of firepower at that choke point. Otherwise, juggs will bum-rush right in to your front door, and back up gunners will take out everything else while you are fighting the juggs. I recommend not only putting mines outside, but put them in a strategic location to ambush juggs.

TheAdmin likes this.
  13. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Oh, for example, you can put them by your flame gate...

14. gmt

gmt Powder Monkey

Oh yes ! I'm not used with that point yet, forgot it , thanks a lot :)

Here an update, give me your opinion :)

[​IMG]

EDIT : I still don't know where to put my flame gate

15. Ian

Ian Commodore

When you more of one resource (Grog or Gold) than the other, move those rich stores to the most secure part of your base. Once you spend/dispose of that resource, swap the stores over to protect the other, and place the empty store out in the less protected area.

MorganFlint and TheAdmin like this.
  16. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Put your flame gate by the two mines that are near the bunker

17. gmt

gmt Powder Monkey

I'll try that :)

18. gmt

gmt Powder Monkey

[​IMG]
    Bombs out of walls and flame gate near mortar

19. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Personally, I'm at PH4, so maybe I couldn't help. One suggestion: Maybe you could plant 1 to 2 flowerboxes behind a "vulnerable" place. Then, put a Flame Gate in front and a mystic mine in the flowerboxes. The folwerboxes would serve as a decoy. As an enemy deploys troops into the flame gate, they get hit by the mine and stay in the gate for long, allowing them to become Kentucky Fried Pirate.

MorganFlint and TheAdmin like this.
  20. TheAdmin

TheAdmin Crew

LOL @ Kentucky Fried Pirate