Rumbles Just Ain't Fun Like This

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Super-Nor, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Haha it's great to read not much has changed about the rumbles :D #stillCatchingUp

Blueberry and Cocobean like this.
  2. deePS77V8

deePS77V8 Crew

The problem with the top 10 attack that I see is that the end result is almost predetermined. uneven participation and rumble rival scores make it a bit unpredictable, but if everyone gets their 10 3* attacks in then the rumble becomes pointless. The Midnight 10-attack-limit worked because you had to be perfect in your 10 attacks.

3. McQ

McQ Captain

But the midnight rumble wasn't in my opinion all about skill. Yes it was a factor, but It was more about patience. It didn't reward you for attacking harder bases just rank up then find rivals.

It's been suggested before but more skill based challenges would be better. We can all skip bases until you find ones you are capable of 3*ing. Maybe future challenges would be a 'super base' - then it's everybody attacking the same base. Maybe bonus on fastest to destroy it or something to show more skill. Or you have to use a crew dictated by midoki - again everyone using the same.

Booty isle, awbo, Ian and 2 others like this.
  4. Fil

Fil Captain

Dont bring logic and reason into this...:confused:

deePS77V8, awbo and McQ like this.
  5. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

We got the gemmer again in our current rumble. I asked my guild members to not spend any gems at all.

lady blackbeard likes this.
  6. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Since I saw it was our old friend playing this rumble I decided to tell my guild to take the rumble off and NOT SPEND ANY GEMS. I hope the amount he spends covers all the annual bonuses.

[​IMG]

7. HollyMrsBooty

HollyMrsBooty First Mate

We are currently in a rumble with him its just crazy? I just want to know how big his GEM bill is? His team just rides the bus....I told my team I expect second place but no way I am throwing down a mortgage payment for 30-35 gems and some grog and gold I will just farm and make the grog and gold....

850arrr and Super-Nor like this.
  8. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

@HollyMrsBooty

Since there is no real competition with that guild we just did not bother. If we could cancel and leave we would have. Even though we were beyond NOT trying, we still managed third place in our rumble. I usually score 6k or more for each of my two islands but this rumble I did a total of < 500 PP.

We win a lot of rumbles but we have no desire to attempt something like this. Most of my group realizes this is just a silly pirate game and they play to have fun.

We will change our start time, but if we see this guild again we will take the rumble off until something changes to make it more fun.

850arrr and awbo like this.
  9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Midoki knows how many gems are being spent (or not spent) in rumbles. With that being said, let's do 'what if's'...

What if the number of gems being spent for rumbles actually do decrease. Remember, Midoki is a business with investors and corporate big wigs dictating needed revenue. Does Midoki give us a guild vs guild battle that is skill based and not gem dependent, or do they put such a creature on hold and create another guild vs guild battle format that is different but also gem dependent to make up for the revenue short fall in rumbles. Seems to me best case scenario for us to get a non-gem based guild competition is to make sure the revenue stream from rumbles remains strong. Not saying people should gem in rumbles to make Midoki happy, just thinking about things from a investor perspective. If Return On Investment decreases for the investors, they can't easily pull out and invest elsewhere like with stocks. Their only recourse is to pressure the Devs to create additional revenue streams.

deePS77V8, Ian and Super-Nor like this.
  10. Ian

Ian Commodore

Basically, if it stops being fun, members won't participate and either won't buy gems, or spend their gems elsewhere. Remember this is why the 'Rumbles' came about in the first place.

11. deePS77V8

deePS77V8 Crew

Does that dude not sleep? I see that stuff and I can't believe its legitimate. 233 battles at 3 min/battle is more that 11.5 hours of play. That is without breaks and without skipping bases. And it doesn't seem to be a one time thing. I've seen some crazy individual scores when the big guilds get into a rumble together, but this person does it every single rumble. So rumble after rumble this guy never goes off line and never stops attacking. There has got to be account sharing going on or some other rule bending shenanigans.

Some more math:
    265481/233=1139.4 points per attack.He is ranked in the 900's. I don't know what the point output is that high. What is the rumble point output in the 900 for a PH11 three starring a PH11? 1139/attack seems high to me. Does he 3* every attack up there?

Edit: we just matched him in our rumble.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  12. deePS77V8

deePS77V8 Crew

I completely agree with the revenue issue. Midoki needs money to keep making this a workable game. If people stop spending gems then they don't improve the game. There has to be some sort of happy medium where spending gems on a rumble gives you some advantage, but you can't just buy a rumble like that guy consistently does. It's in Midoki's best interest to find it. If that sort of behavior pushes people to stop rumbling and stop spending gems, then Midoki loses out too. I would be interested to see if Midoki makes more money off the average evenly matched rumble or one like this guy does. He basically spent $40 bucks to win that rumble, but that $40 also discouraged 200 other people from spending gems/$$$.

Mobotts likes this.
  13. Fil

Fil Captain

Those words have been uttered by many of Bootys (and mine) opponents too

HollyMrsBooty likes this.
  14. HollyMrsBooty

HollyMrsBooty First Mate

@deePS77V8 I am so sorry I was coming on here to let everyone know the time we ended which was about 4:15pm. If I had made it sooner might have saved you a boring game....We just totally farmed told everyone I wanted second and mins to be met but other then that NOTHING ELSE expected. If everyone is doing the exact same thing wouldn't you think he would get bored? I mean there is no action and fun? He doesn't get on the boards or speak to anyone outside of his language from what I have seen so not like he is making friendships and visiting people and making alliances etc. I think that is a fun part of this game is meeting everyone! I know there is some special people on here that will be friends for life!

850arrr likes this.
  15. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Based on many of my comments on this forum, and past history of guilds I have been part of, many might assume I enjoy rumbles and their format. Those who know me, know differently, and nothing could be further from the truth. I have said from the first day rumbles were introduced that I hated them, and my dislike for them has only increased over time. When I first came to Plunder Pirates, I came from a game that had exact same battle format, only the battles were a week long and not just 24 hours. I don't even want to tell you the number of hours spent raiding on that game some weeks, it makes any effort here look like a vacation. I quit that game because I immensely hated the format. I came here expecting an imitation of CoC, since there were other similarities (I dislike CoC as well). Needless to say, there seemed to be a divergence in game play between the two when rumbles were introduced. Only reason I stay with PP is because I like the game, the people and the Devs from Midoki (who are more understanding of the players desires than any other game I've played). That is why you see me often defending Midoki, I appreciate the Devs, their effort and their product. I don't like rumbles, I am just competitive and therefore must win, even if it is at a contest I grossly despise.

I do not want rumbles changed (except maybe a minor tweek to matching parameters), I understand they will always remain in current format as a revenue source. Again, that is why Midoki chose that battle format as their first guild battle option. I do believe any new guild vs guild battle format should have a gem component to a mild degree (must generate revenue), but nothing close to the current rumble gem requirements to win.

And one last thought that will probably piss off everyone... Maybe have the new competition packaged as an extension of rumbles. To participate in the new (non-gemming) guild vs guild battles, guilds must first participate in x number of rumbles and meet certain milestones to earn right to participate in the non-gemming battle format. That way, Midoki still keeps the rumble revenue stream flowing to some degree.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    Mercutio, Skillzone10 and 850arrr like this.
  16. McQ

McQ Captain

In the 801+ bracket it's 1108pp or 1385pp for a rival. At 901+ it's 1267pp or 1583pp for a rival. Holding a high rank at ph11 is great for better rumble scores with fewer fights now :D

17. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Just brainstorming...

How about a third button available during rumbles to fight only rumble rivals that costs 5-10 (or lower) gems? Other island battles would not be added to PP for the rumble.

The button to gem could also have a timer to play for free which resets after each rumble rival battle.

Also as explored before, the rewards just are not so great. How about chest rewards at least with randomized contents?

18. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

How about opt-in rumbling? I know they have similar thing in CoC, but CoC also has a maximum number of battles.

19. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

+1 to opt in rumbling. That would serve to spark more interest and activity in them, plus benefit guilds as a whole. No longer would guilds be penalized for having low level players or players that are inactive due to real life.

Keena-CBD, Mobotts and Super-Nor like this.
  20. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

We dropped a day from our rumble schedule and have altered start times for the other two.

I firmly believe if we are rumbling with the big gemmers this week some of our players will leave the game. We have already had a couple of long time players stop playing and many are voicing their dislike for rumbles.

All I can do is hope Midoki's bottom line is not so dependent on these few big rumble gemmers that they lose many times more of us little rumble gemmers.

BBBD3000 likes this.