Seeing who is kicking who!

Discussion in 'Guild Bugs' started by Tr0niKus, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Tr0niKus

Tr0niKus Powder Monkey

Today I must state I am very sad, as a very good player left because his friend was kicked accidentally by some person I gave "crew" status to. The only way I knew it was them, as the captain, was that they had a green flag next to their name at the time people were getting booted left and right. Once I kicked him, the booting stopped. The player kicked was "The Swash" and his friend was "Black Jack." So if anyone sees them I hope you will tell them that their being kicked was accidental! And I hope those responsible for the improvement of the game will give captains the ability to see who is doing what!

2. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

They are reworking a lot of the guild management. Hopefully this will be included, there are a few other guild topics on the forum discussing this.

Tr0niKus likes this.
  3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Thanks for the heads up

4. Dpr

Dpr Powder Monkey

This is a huge problem. We have a rogue member promoting, demoting and kicking every day. Please address this soon.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Tr0niKus Sorry you had that happen to you :( Like the others said, it's a problem, and hopefully will be fixed soon.

If you want some tips on how to avoid this in the future: read this post

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  6. Very good tips on thread...just powder monkey the whole guild till they fix this rights to guild issue...or 1 st mate the guild no gets kicked. Sad it happens to bad you didn't name the one kicking players.

LadyoftheSea likes this.
  7. Kyzo

Kyzo Crew

Id like to know what crew can do. I know they can promote others to crew can they kick other players aswell?
    Id like to know wich ranks can do what

8. 1st mate can kick everyone but the Capt. And other 1st mates, crew can kick all cabin boys but not eachother or higher ranks. Cabin boys can't kick anyone , and the Capt. Can't be kicked but can kick everyone they see fit.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    LadyoftheSea and Kyzo like this.
  9. TBird

TBird Captain

Pushing this to the top again...
    This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!
    Only Capt and first mates should have power to promote and kick.
    Crew should NOT have the power to promote or kick...
    please fix this!!!!!

10. Yup for sure, everything good? Or got a rogue kicker?

11. TBird

TBird Captain

Rogue promoter... busted him and he ended up cussing us out and quit. So I have an open spot for a new player.

12. yeah they will have to tweak the guild rights,I hope they fix that,less problems.

LadyoftheSea likes this.
  13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I think I mapped this out on the guild feature requests forum:

Captain: Everything
    First mate: Everything (including MOTD) except promoting to or from Captain/First Mate
    Quartermaster: Post Fund Perk requests, Accept/Reject new members, Kick Crew or Power Monkeys, Promote/Demote Crew
    Crew: Post Fund Perk requests, Accept/Reject new members
    Powder Monkeys: Sit there and behave.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  14. TBird

TBird Captain

Like the Quartermaster addition... I would keep the kick in the hands of the Capt and first mate only tho
    +3.1416

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That depends on how many first mates you have, and how much 24x7 coverage the guild has. If you have 10 first mates, then no. But in guilds with one captain and one first mate, the Quartermaster does need some basic kick ability. They're sort of like Middle Management. Basically this rank is made for the most trustworthy people in a guild. Promoting to it lets you delegate some powers (and busy work), and also allows you to promote to Crew those members who benefit the guild, but you don't necessarily want having powers.

If it's added, and the QM can kick Crew (or maybe even just Powder monkeys), I'd tell mine to limit kicking to:

-people who are disturbing/annoying in chat
    -anyone the FM/Captain asks them to kick.

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  16. Plus one this, QM a good add on since every sHip crew had one.

LadyoftheSea likes this.
  17. PrettyInPink

PrettyInPink Powder Monkey

Please for the love of God let this happen! People are bitching about their status in the guild but promoting someone without any consequence of their actions is ridiculous so we get pissy crew and paranoid first mates/captains. This should be a simple fix... :mad::confused:o_O

Tex, Kelani and Christy like this.
  18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

No kidding. This suggestion has been around since a few days after the game was released. it, and the other pile of simple guild fixes need to be implemented very soon. (Hopefully some of them will appear in the next update).

Tex likes this.
  19. Tex

Tex Commodore

+1,000,000,000

20. Ark27

Ark27 Powder Monkey

i agree with this need to see who kicked it