Server is terrible in China

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by hduwhyso, Dec 14, 2015.

1. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

Always cant connect to the game.Sometimes, we have to use VPN to get into the game.It's not a good thing.Many of us dont know what is VPN.
    Maybe Midoki should find a partner in China.China is a big market.You can get more if you pay more attention.

2. Floki

Floki Captain

One word firewall or is it fire wall in which case it would be two words not one...Soooo anyway take your pick!

3. Rowland

Rowland Powder Monkey

several members of my guild from china are having the same issue and can only access the game via vpn from time to time. can't remember exactly when but this problem only started a month or two ago.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  4. Beck [Midoki]

Beck [Midoki] Designer Staff Member

Hi there, sorry you're having issues, have you contacted Rovio customer support? Please put in a ticket if you haven't already and we can get to the bottom of it - whether it's a certain device type etc.

5. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

OK,it's not only mine.All of us have this issue.Hope you pay more attention to this

6. Beck [Midoki]

The best thing to do with issues of this nature is to contact Rovio customer support, we can't do anything about this issue sadly.

7. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

Maybe I didt say that clearly.When we use broadband network it will have that problem.But when we use mobile network,there is no this problem.But both of them have another problem we might lose connect sometimes

8. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

Ok, I will send that email.Thanks

Beck [Midoki] likes this.
  9. Beck [Midoki]

You're welcome :)

10. Rowland

Rowland Powder Monkey

appreciate the response, Beck. i will inform my guild mates. it will be nice if you guys can at the same time contact Rovio and find out what the issue is. as you may aware of, many chinese players do not have good english proficiency, most of which probably never visit this forum, and may have difficulty communicating in english with Rovio.

11. Beck [Midoki]

Just a thought - I'm not very technical when it comes to the internet, but could it be that their broadband service provider is blocking the game? Like @Floki said, a firewall or something?

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Rovio's customer service department has Chinese speakers (all of the languages supported in our game are also supported by Rovio Customer Services), so anybody experiencing any issues should be able to contact them in their native language if their language is supported in the game. We're are currently exploring with Rovio ways to give the game greater support and availability in China, however. :)

HornyQuokka likes this.
  13. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

They don t use any jailbreaked devices right? Just a thought....

14. Rowland

Rowland Powder Monkey

thanks for the prompt response, Beck and Lynsey, and glad to know measures are taken to possibly enhance gaming experience of gamers in china. i'm quite sure that the chinese market is far from full swing from Midoki's business perspective. just like most international businesses operating in this part of the world, china is a market that many may not be a huge fan of yet love at the same time, if you know what i mean :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  15. Rowland

Rowland Powder Monkey

not that i'm aware of

16. Rowland

Rowland Powder Monkey

a follow up, based on description of my guild members, there is a good chance that the issue is caused by firewall of certain internet service providers in china. the interesting part is such issue does not occur when using mobile network, and only happens when using home network. i presume there is heavier scrutiny in home usage. my guild members are now using vpn at home for gaming, and every few days they will share which vpn works best (i.e. chinese authorities will block vpn every now and then, and within a day or two vpn service providers will come up with a newer version to override such blockage) or most economical.

i am not sure what Midoki or Rovio can do if what I mentioned is true, but that should concern you as majority of gamers in china have no access to vpn, or in fact no knowledge of why vpn is needed.

fyi, my guild members are mostly using latest models of ipad or iphone with up to date ios, only one or two are using android devices, and the issue is the same regardless of device.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    hduwhyso and Lynsey [Midoki] like this.
  17. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Cheers for the additional info, I'll pass it on.

18. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Sorry if this is a little late, but which region of the PRC are you in? I was there on holiday and just came back this morning. At Heilongjiang/Harbin and Chongqing/Chengdu things work perfectly fine for me.
    Sorry for this off-topic question though, how do you download PP on an android device in China since Google Play is blocked?

19. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

I am in zhejiang.And I am IOS.But there are many extra store we can download this game.such as:当乐,拇指玩 or PP助手.We also can use Google Play via VPN.How long do you run the game each time.If you play that more than one hour,you may feel the same.Always lose connection

20. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

I run it for 4-5 hours straight and nothing's happening!