Several Awesome Ideas

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by MatthewJames, Sep 23, 2014.

1. MatthewJames

MatthewJames Powder Monkey

Hi :) first of all congrats on the successful launch of Plunder Pirates. I absolutely love this game. The graphics, characters and theme are perfect. Here are my ideas/suggestions:

1) Allow players to change their name. I've gone as far as deleting and reinstalling the game and the original name I chose still shows up. I really want to be able to choose a new name.

2) Since the game is more ocean based, there should be plenty of weather changes. Like lots of rain, clouds, dark clouds, lightning, wind etc. Also animals swimming by like dolphins, fish, birds in the sky etc. I realize this can cause lag with older devices so to help those people out have a graphics quality toggle.

3) Maybe have the characters talk and do things rather than just walking around. Makes the game feel more realistic.

4) An ability to create your own flag/banner so you can see it waving in the wind above your ship and pirate hall. Instead of the standard black one.

Those are a few ideas I thought would be interesting to see and also useful. Because this game is 3D and uses the awesome metal from apple, ideas like these will really make the game stand out above the rest, specially clash of clans. Thanks for reading.

alebvk likes this.
  2. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

I think the 2nd and the 4th idea is the best and the others are also pretty good

3. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions, there are some great ones in there.

You're right there's currently no way of resetting the game completely, or changing your name however if you email support@rovio.com they may be able to help you with this.

Remember if you create a Guild you can edit the flag there and everyone joining you in the Guild will have it as well. There are plenty of designs to choose from and we will be adding more as future updates arrive

4. Razor

Razor Crew

Wow I love your ideas, not so much 1 though, however I would love to see 2 and 4 ;)
    Also thanks for formatting it so nicely :)

5. Why does everyone ask for the ability to change names? How hard is it to pick a name and stick with it? The only exceptions I can understand is if you misspelled your name or if it's offensive, but you should probably think about that before you click confirm.

6. Admin [Midoki]

If it's offensive we'll change it for you ;)

7. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

I think it should like be A Game That I Play Pay 10 Gems To Change Name Or Maybe 20,30,40,50,60,70,80 9O,1OO 1000000000000 gems to change

Dario Viva likes this.
  8. Dario Viva

Dario Viva Crew

nr.2 and 3 seem very interesting to me

9. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Don't like name changes in games. I actually like having people in the clan who hate their name and giving them crap about it. Plus these games are communities and people constantly changing their names takes away from that imo.

10. MatthewJames

MatthewJames Powder Monkey

That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just think its a good option. I accepted the first name that popped up by accident. These things do happen.

11. Kit

Kit First Mate

I agree with the name changing option. It's up to one self to not abuse it, though, and I agree with donkeykilla about people constantly changing names. However, and speaking for myself, when I started playing this game I thought, pffft another cheap CoC imitation and put in a s**t and giggles name. Fast forward a week or so and I find myself liking this one more than CoC, and wishing I had chosen a better name.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  12. Admin [Midoki]

We are planning a name changing function within the game, so don't worry it's coming

Kit likes this.
  13. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

I got an idea so people don't abuse it Maybe Can Only Change 1 Per Week?

14. Tim Martel

Tim Martel Crew

What's to stop someone from being kicked from a guild then changing name and rejoining? There shouldn't be such an easy way to purge your reputation. I hope it costs a lot of gems or something.

15. Admin [Midoki]

16. Honus

Honus Powder Monkey

You can change ur name in rrg for 500 gems. That is still not high enough. People are abusing the system because it's so cheap.

17. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

What's RRG

18. Razor

Razor Crew

@SirVin it means Role-playing game

19. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

That's RPG

20. Razor

Razor Crew

Oh sorry, turning blind lol