Shields

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by poo, Sep 14, 2014.

1. poo

poo Crew

Hi

Im requesting that shields should cost more gems. Me and my clans mate are annoyed at the abuse of its use. Most of the higher ranked players raid and use shield one after another. We cant get revenge on them each time. Cmorgan , kingandrew, joebloweveryman, and a few more. This is cowardness. Iv been raided by kingandrew over 5 times and not once was I able to revenge. I just want it to be harder for ppl that play like that. For this reason I have dropped my rank so I can invade and be invaded. I was one of the top five. I decided to de-rank myself to 300 and below. I decided now to make my way backup. It is still the same. Please make it harder for them. It will also make them spend real money, if they want to keep playing like that

Thank you'll

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

It is a valid suggestion and the balancing of certain elements of the game are continually being looked at. Whatever cost we assign to shields, someone is always going to be able to afford it and so it may still not be able to solve the revenge problem you're highlighting.

3. poo

poo Crew

I just want it to be a bit harder for them to use shield. if they want shields n not let ppl raid them. then they'll just have to use actual money to get the shields

4. Bad Boy

Bad Boy Powder Monkey

Shield cool downs that adjust with lvl.

These top score stamp collector wimps just raid then buy shields on repeat so no one can fight back. BOOOOOOOOO!

5. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

Is there a thread of EXACTLY HOW the shield works? When we buy a shield, how long can it be used? I am not talking about cool down. An example. If i buy the 1 day shield and i attack it will stop working for 4 days and then it will work again? And if yes, for how long will it work in general?

6. captaintau

captaintau Crew

I suspect those that abuse the shield are able to because they spend money on gems so increasing the cost wouldn't change anything.

Also, how can you be raided by the same person five times?

7. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Well, it works like always: Break shield and shield is gone.
    If you want a new shield, buy one.
    I think, there is nothing like a cooldown, 'cause shield cost gems and gems cost real money and Midoki needs real money to pay their staff.

Btw, I never bought a shield.
    Where is the fun without the angst to be plundered while offline

8. Jumping in and giving you the correct information here..

If you buy the 1 day shield, you will be shielded for 24 hours unless you attack another player, however you can attack Pirate strongholds on your map!
    When the shield expires it is in cool-down for 4 days which means you can't buy this particular shield for 96 hours. But you are able to buy the 2 day shield or 1 week shield unless they are on cool-down too. The cool-down for the 2 days shield is 8 days so 192 hours and for the 7 days shield it's 28 days/672 hours.

Hope this answers your questions, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask them.
    - Fish

9. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

That's easy.
    Think of all the millions of PP players as fitting in giant pyramid shape with a PR gradient going up and down. The lower in PR you are, the more players you are matched up with. The higher the PR, the fewer players.
    So, if Poo (or any player) was in the upper tiers, there would be a limited number of players to get matched up with, leading to seeing the same players again and again.
    YMMV

10. Well you got your signature all over the place.. From the left to the right..

11. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

HIJACKER!!!
    [​IMG]

12. impossible, that hijacker is black-ish. I say it's a set-up and you are the hijacker!

13. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

You are so racy!
    (Did I say that right?)

14. TBird

TBird Captain

[​IMG]

Is this better?
    Move along, nothing to see here...
    Back to talking about shields :confused::confused::confused:

Kelani likes this.
  15. This is pretty much all there is about shields:

Purchasing a shield

If you buy the 1 day shield, you will be shielded for 24 hours unless you attack another player, however you can attack Pirate strongholds on your map!
    When the shield expires it is in cool-down for 4 days which means you can't buy this particular shield for 96 hours. But you are able to buy the 2 day shield or 1 week shield unless they are on cool-down too. The cool-down for the 2 days shield is 8 days so 192 hours and for the 7 days shield it's 28 days/672 hours.

These shields are available for purchase:
    1 day, 100 gems, 96 hour cool-down
    2 days, 150 gems, 192 hour cool-down
    1 week, 400 gems((?)not sure it's on cool-down), 672 hour cool-down

Getting a shield after an attack
    When you are attacked there are two sorts of shields you can get. You either get a shield for 2 hours or you get a shield for 12 hours.
    When the enemy gets at least 40% damage but no star, you will get a 2 hour shield. But when the enemy gets at least one star against you, you are granted a 12 hour shield.
    For these shields the same rules applies as the shields that are purchased with gems. When attacking another player you will get a warning that it will break your shield, but you can however attack a pirate strong hold on the map.

16. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Addition
    When the enemy gets 50 % or more and 1 or 2 stars, you will get a 12 hour shield.
    This based on the last two attacks on my base.

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  17. Eeerhm.. Not an addition, 50% damage means you get a star, and taking down the PH earns a star.
    Shush now.. Be quiet.

18. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

54 % 1 Star Attack gives me 12 hour shield
    50 % 2 Star Attack gives me 12 hour shield

there is a world between 2h and 24h shield,
    who lives there, are there more than one sun and moon?
    come to this world, give me your loot and I show you things
    you never seen before...

19. My bad 24 hour shield should have been 12 hours, got confused with the shield that you can purchase

20. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

I don't get why do you want to revenge... i've never done it and i'm ok... :)

kEnNeth0510 likes this.