Significant differences in immediate battle results versus review

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Highroad11, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Highroad11

Highroad11 Powder Monkey

What I saw happen and was tallied at the time of my last revenge battle, and what shows in the review of the same battle, are significantly different, and the results are literally the difference between recording a win or a loss (at one time it looked like a slim loss, while in the review it looked like a clear win, and the net bounty counts were significantly different, too). Second time I'm aware of this happening, but have not always checked. Anyone know about this?

2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The replays are generated after the battle, based on limited info, and are frequently wrong. The Attack/Defense logs are almost always accurate, though.

3. Highroad11

Highroad11 Powder Monkey

I'm referring to comparison of the replay found in the defense log to the replay found in the attack log. If these are the ones you mean, and they are part of the logs, then these logs at least are wrong.

If they aren't part of the log, of course, then they probably shouldn't be included in them, at least not if PP gamers are interested in accurate game records. I am, as you can tell, since developing my fantasy battle strategy in accordance with the knowledge of what I assume is accurate record of cause and effect is for me a big part of the enjoyment of gaming. (And I wish there were more opportunities for the devopment of strategy in this game, but recognize I'm not likely at the bull's eye of the target market)

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm confused. Do you mean if I attack your base, then we compare our respective Attack/Defense replays, they won't match? If that's what you mean, then my original answer applies: Replays are just created from the following things: Where and when each troop is dropped, and when their skills are triggered. The rest is filled in using the troops and defenses AI. All the rest of the info (movement, who died when, or what buildings are destroyed) is basically left up to chance.

If that's not what you meant, then I don't understand how you're able to see the other replay at all. Replays for bases you attack are only in your Attack log, and in the other person's Defense log.

The actual numbers and results shown in the log itself (not the replays) are what is accurate. The replays are just a novelty at this point.

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  5. Highroad11

Highroad11 Powder Monkey

I didn't explain it well: the attack log says my pirates destroyed 47% of the opponent's holdings, and not the hall, while the replay of the same battle shows my pirates destroying 55% of the opponent's holdings, including the hall, and winning more grog and gold.

6. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Kel, thank u for stating my own confusion so concisely. The comment comparing attack logs and defense logs threw me a bit

EDIT: Okay, it's the normal replay vs log. Nevermind.

Kelani likes this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Ok. Then what I said before. The replay is wrong. The 47% buildings and gold/grog amounts you see in the log itself are what really happened.

Always trust the Log. Never trust the replay.

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

To go further, while you access the replays within the log, only the stats found in each log entry are correct. When the replay is generated it shows a possible outcome, not(usually) the actual outcome.

9. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

So when will this be fixed?

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It's getting there! Yesterday in 1100 tests we only had two instances of the replay diverging from the actual battle, both caused by the same niggling issue which a code wizard is currently beating with a stick.

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Get that Wizard a wand!

12. I got one with some nasty spikes on it!
    But erhm, don't ask where I got it, no really don't.

Bear likes this.
  13. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Thanks Lynsey, I think my ratio is a significantly more than 1100/2,
    whilst it is annoying when replays are wrong it has got better and I trust that one day it will be 100% accurate. I just wana take the opportunity to say the thing that makes plunder pirates amazing is that you guys and girls listen to us and try your hardest to fix stuff and make it better. It is really appreciated by everyone and that you are active on the forums to keep us all updated. Keep up the great work :)

14. Skye

Skye Commodore

I just had a replay that was very off. None of the attackers troops made it anywhere near my PH in the replay, but log shows 2* loss. Its the first time anyone has managed to make it past my defense line, I have no idea how they managed to get as far as they did even in the inaccurate replay, so I'd love to know how they got to the PH for real. Maybe it can fill your wizard in on some elusive bugs :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On a side note, resurrected skeleton constructs are insane in groups of 30! One Eyed Willie, wherever you are, you sir have amazed the pants off of me.

Kelani likes this.
  15. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Lynsey, in real play the ratio is way worse than 2 in 1100...probably more like 1000 in 1100, and that might be being generous. I rarely watch or share them anymore because they are so off. One in my guild just got 100% but the replay only shows 38%. I still enjoy the game, but a replay feature that actually worked would make sharing triumphs, discussing stategies, and learning from others' success and defeats, much better.

Skye and Captain Hakjka like this.
  16. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I just got over a million gold and a million grog with 100% destroyed! Awesome, right! I use 41 gunners and 8 juggs. I wanted to share it with my guild, so I checked the replay and not surprisingly...my troops don't even get inside the walls, take less than 200k loot and only destroy 30% of the island. Now, while I'm very glad that is not what really happened, I'm frustrated that I can't share my huge win
    This has been a long-time problem. Any closer to finding a solution?

17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Remember, Lynsey stats are for the Dev server where they are working to resolve the issue, not the live server we are using. Or something like that, I'm not by any means a techno geek. I am sure someone will pop in with the link that explains it.

18. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Hiya Spongee,
    That's why I said in "real play", but I guess your saying they are trying to fix it on the dev server and will then apply it to the live server when they have it resolved, right?

19. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I think that's it. What I would be curious to know, will the Devs go live with 99.9% accurate replay next update (well, maybe update after next since it is safe to assume the next update is already with Apple) or wait until they get it 100%. I would assume the former.

20. Mondo

Mondo Powder Monkey

Thanks for the info. Log accurate, replay may not be accurate! Mondo

Darke Shadow likes this.