Silo upgrade!

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by mlc, Nov 2, 2015.

1. mlc

mlc Captain

I simply don't have enough space to store all of the items, with the release of 6 new pirates the silo has started over flowing, I can't even open my chests due to them being full of items I don't have space to store. Sooo annoying! Please sort the job Midoki before people get so annoyed they quit

HornyQuokka likes this.
  2. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

I agree it is kinda a problem but the whole point of the silo I think is trying to figure out who you want to upgrade and start filling it up with those materials. My LP's aren't very upgraded but I kinda like having a small space.

3. mlc

mlc Captain

Yeah but it means the rest go to waste. I do intend on upgrading all of the pirates so don't want to bin the ones I am not currently using. Would like to store them for future use.

4. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Unfortunately the Silo isn't designed for hoarders - it is like your gold/grog storages... you have to 'choose' a couple of LPs to target and ditch the other materials.

5. mlc

mlc Captain

Hoarding would constitute keeping items that are not needed, I'm sure I do need these items

6. Ian

Ian Commodore

Sounds like someone is in denial...."No.. I don't have a problem.. I will use ALL those items someday!" :rolleyes:

Bou Regreg and mlc like this.
  7. Lady O'maley

Lady O'maley Captain

Lol,, Or a silo swap shop , instead of hanging on to the stuff we are not using swop it for the things we do need ,,

mlc likes this.
  8. mlc

mlc Captain

Haha yes maybe denial but I do NEED them! I don't only want a couple of upgraded pirates, I want them ALL!
    Guild shop or swop shop would be great Lady!

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

We're certainly getting a silo upgrade in a future patch :) I'm surprised it wasn't in this one.

I'd rather them let you hold larger stacks in each slot rather than have more slots though! at current stack sizes its going to take more than 250 slots to hold enough to max all 12.

mlc, John56 and Lady O'maley like this.
  10. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

When the new patch will be pushed

11. porrig

porrig Crew

I'd be fine with dumping stuff from the Silo and focusing on a couple of pirates to upgrade IF the silo items were easier to find, but they're not. I'm loathe to start ditching stuff I know I'll need later because some items (even the common ones - Voodoo Masks I'm looking at you!) are so difficult to accumulate.

The limits per shelf item is also very annoying given how many gunpowders or coppers you need when you get into the teen upgrades.

12. LYM

LYM Captain

The point with silo is that you have to choose which legendary you going to upgrade first. From that remove the items that are not need. Seriously enough moaning about space. If there was unlimited space then people would have maxed legendary by now and it would be a pointless addition to the game. At least this was bases defences and buff will be more varied.

13. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm not expecting another one until the winter holiday content in December, but its possible we get a bugfix sometime in November to hold us over. Hopefully the new Silo makes it in then as a Christmas present!

HornyQuokka likes this.
  14. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I am in the minority, but I like the silo as it is. It adds a much needed challenge to the game, people will now have to use some strategy instead of taking things for granted.

And 250 slots? @Skye, are trying to hoard all the materials and upgrade all of the LPs from level 1 to 20/25 at the same time? 2 to 4 slots per LP per upgrade is more like it.

LYM likes this.
  15. LYM

LYM Captain

agree silo is working fine, use some strategy. lets not make it too easy

16. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm not saying we NEED 250 slots, I'm saying in order to get everything from 1-20/25 you would need about that many - in reality you'd need less, because you won't be doing all 20/25 levels at once for every LP, but a large portion do come from the last levels.
    But someone who wants to open a large amount of chests at once will quickly hit their limit. I throw countless items in the ocean without a care, but I'd imagine players who don't want to spend on the game wouldn't like having to throw materials away because they can't use them yet since they don't have all 12 LP and don't know which ones they'll care about using.

HornyQuokka and mlc like this.
  17. Ian

Ian Commodore

Maybe the fact that the Silo wasn't upgraded was to discourage wide spread streaking at low level. Given the amount of sniping and plundering that has been reported, can you imagine what it would be like if everyone had an unlimited Silo to store all those items in? :eek:

awbo likes this.
  18. I certainly like the silo challenge as it is. Why should we be able to have all 12 LPs maxed out right from the start? Pick who you want to focus on and take it from there. I will be happy slowly moving my collection of LPs to fully being maxed over time.

I particularly appreciate that they aren't holding them back at all, really. These LPs are being released at a pretty fair rate, and the fort upgrades have also been given liberally. Unfortunately, since people can see what they could have then they feel somehow it's unfair they can't have them all now.

A good argument against the LP approach before was that you needed chests only for some of the items like Blackbeard's diamonds. But Midoki has now given us streaking which lets us access chests with better drop rates and a mechanism for potentially getting them without some major gem purchase. So we can dump some materials now and have a system to replace them.

19. I sorta think that the 4 day bug/exploit when streaking first started, of us getting chests off of easier wins, was partially intentional as a reward for us active gemming players. Midoki still got a pile of income from that time, while a few of us now have interesting hoards of chests... :) Thank you Midoki. :)

I can feel no resentment about the happy circumstance that I have so many chests that my silo is full and I have to be careful in collecting from them.

20. whitney

whitney Crew

I don't mind dumping items, especially if it were to just upgrade Blackbeard let's say. I'm getting annoyed that I can't get to the chests that I have accumulated under the first one I don't need without dumping the top chests. The largest challenge, for me at least, is some items that I would dump to ignore some pirates, are also used for the Pirates I would like to upgrade. I would appreciate at least one more silo upgrade to compensate for all of the new items. I know this is pretty much repetition from above, but yes I feel the pinch too :).

porrig likes this.