[Sky Raider]-Sky Raider's skill, "Rain of Fire", the strongest skill in PP

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Roserio, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

600HP. That's less than an outhouse :)

TBird likes this.
  2. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

But are usually well protected.
    In an exceptionally successful attack last night my Sky Raiders were solely responsible for taking out a MM, mortar, 2 cannons, 2 bunkers, and a gold storage. All maxed. Playing in the mid 500's. Replay was witnessed by several guildies.

Kelani likes this.
  3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That's what I'm talking about. When used with some skill, they can make a huge difference :)

TBird, Luqman and Salty Snack like this.
  4. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

I may look in to it again. I'm at the point where playing is very costly and my participation reflects that.

5. kelevra-The Flood

kelevra-The Flood Powder Monkey

They are actually not useless as a unit. Their ability is very strong and as long as you know how to use them they work wonders. As people have stated if you land them in the right location they can destroy a few things before being cleared out. This is the same for any unit though, if you mis-place some gunners and a mortar or mine kills them, then you are in the same situation. It's all about learning how to use them properly.

First you need to know the direction of wind, then find a good path inside the base, clear out tall buildings in path (they do not drop to every building, just tall buildings, this can sometimes be helpful), before you drop them deploy your brutes or juggs to attract the defenses (just like gunners, duh), then deploy them. I use five in my army all the time, they are not too expensive and don't take the long. If I don't need them then I don't use them. I get 3 Stars on 95% of my attacks, and by the way I never use bombers. They are praised by many players and I really don't care for them.

6. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

I've yet to see them drop to only tall buildings, unless something has changed recently. They will surmount walls, but little else, and if you have already cleared out the "tall buildings", you've almost certainly already gotten a path to the Pirate Hall, QED.

7. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

If you know how to use the specific pirates and the rain of fire skill, you can destroy the ground pounder within seconds. But it needs practice in order to find the correct distance and of course wind. I have done it (once) and it was unbelievable.

8. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

I wish i knew how to share an ipad video... :)

9. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I have crazy accuracy with Sky Raiders (floaters), but bases over 550 have crazy protection with long berms and high stuff. I know why that flag is "just there"! I lose floaters at 600 and up for more useful guys. And also not maxed on training they are much less desirable. Rain of Fire does work nicely and I am very happy to see floaters in the game. We need more weirdos!

It took me too long to adapt my battles to use them and get my skills up. I regret that.

And a maxed floater does more than float, he chews up like a buccaneer in berzerker mode for those little leftover bits of a pirate hall you missed with little defensive weapon time before the chewing begins.

10. Keelhauler Jake

Keelhauler Jake First Mate

I'm so clumsy I sometimes fly mine straight into a rock at the edge of an island. For anyone interested - bad strategy - avoid!!! :(:p:D:rolleyes:

awbo and Kelani like this.
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Even on the protected bases, I sometimes drop them. If my army has cleared out the big defenses in their drop zone, the raiders fly in, take out collectors and other buildings, then (hopefully) get in a WD aura and go after the other defenses. Once maxed, their ability to live through the fight gets significantly better, and watching them take down a cannon in 4 hits is glorious. :)

Also, you'd be surprised how many "raider-proof" bases have missed something. Be it a gap between two tall buildings, or a tiny strip of water at the end of their ship, I've not found many bases that are 100% immune to these guys.

TBird likes this.
  12. Skye

Skye Commodore

once winds change itll be harder, but I'm pretty sure I'm 100% raider proof at the moment. Rotate your map so the flags point straight down and you can easily check for strips they can sneak through. And if you use a gunner to clear a tall building(besides ships) raiders can get in if theres not enough land. Ships and flag deco are the most important for blocking raiders.

btw, any idea how far they go before hitting ground if there's nothing in the way? I believe I counted 12 horizontal 9 vertical (15 hypotenuse triangle, which makes sense) before they landed, but they may have gotten snagged on a grog collector if they were low enough at that point.

13. Don't forget that if you can sink the ship, the raiders will sail over it as if it were a blank square! NB: except for the "boathouse tower" structure on the ship, that will remain.

14. Yes, you can effectively use this troop to 'snipe out' deadly buildings like mortars or ground pounders. I always at all times have 2 in my crew, though I have seen people use more against me very effectively. You just need to learn to use them well like any troop.

15. the Hornet

the Hornet Powder Monkey

Raiders are my favourite pirate. I always have 8 and my first priority is to use gunners to clear a path for them.

Cap'n Greenbeard likes this.
  16. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Tip for using them: Rotate your image till the flag is pointing vertically. Then, deploy Raiders. I have not yet gotten Rain of Fire but I still carry 8 with myself all the time since they can clear up inside buildings or even land on a mortar... double win!