So is the current WD AI here to stay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bl00dBaTh, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Nowadays I have to place Juggs/brutes in a line instead of, well, in a group. And I need to place LP/Bombers/Skellies together to let the WD follow. Annabelle looks great:)

2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Have you actually noticed anything about the WD, what he actually does in battle? It's just I notice he stays with my 1 HG while leaving my group of 26 Skellywags to die.
    On another note, I just had a battle where my HG shot at a wall while there was an opening 3 squares over (not a hole blown by Bombers, an opening in the base design), do you know why they do this? I've never been so mad because the WD just stood beside him as he tried to shoot through 2 layers of wall rather than walk 3 squares, it had to have taken him 10 times longer than walking. And all the while my WD stood there beside him while 26 Skellies, about 10 Bombers & about 6 Gunners all got slaughtered in the middle of the base. smh

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm unsure without seeing the battle so all I can do is guess.

All troops, not just the WD, are buggy in their behavior sometimes. I'm sure you've seen gunners walk haphazardly over destroyed buildings, or walk long ways around walls when they could have shot over them.

For the HG shooting the wall, my best guess is he already planned to go through the wall/started destroying it before the other hole was made, and didn't readjust his path. Once a unit starts attacking a wall, they won't stop attacking it until its destroyed unless they are knocked back or stunned, even if a new hole opens up. I'm unsure on how that applies to multi-layer walls, but at least for a single layer, if he was already starting to shoot at it before the other hole was opened, that would explain it.

As for the WD, I have no idea. Maybe he had already decided he wanted to protect the HG and thought the other group was too far away to warrant leaving his current target?

4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

No the opening was in the base, not an opening made by crew members, here's a pic of the battle, he's shooting at the fourth wall piece from the end, he shot through it & the second layer.
    [​IMG]

I always drop my 26 Skellies, then the WD, then the HG, but for some reason he stays with the HG sometimes, even though a HG only has slightly more health than 1 Skellywag, in this battle my whole crew of Skellies, Bombers & Gunners got pounded by Mortar fire while the WD & HG stood there stuck on the two layers of wall. I have no idea what happened, battle ended at 76%, should have been 100%, it wasn't a hard base.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

No idea why the WD isn't doing what he's advertised to do :c

As for the HG, when a bomber explodes and partially weakens a wall (all the surrounding walls being damaged indicate a bomber exploded nearby), I think troops are more apt to try to break through it. Its certainly not working as expected however (they should be taking the fastest path around it). That's my only guess on that.

6. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yes Bombers would have been killed on their way into the base doing some damage to the walls but the ones where he started to shoot would have had very little damage to them, it took him the best part of the battle to get through both layers, I've had them do this before but never as bad as this battle, it's just totally insane what he did here.

7. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Talk about frustrating!! My guess is....the game ain't perfect, midoki is doing the best they can and probably have too much sh*t to do and not enough time or man power to do it all. Hell, they let the WD go out being completely invisible and then when fixing him put him right back to his crap AI not actually fixing him. So the best thing we can do is spend a ton of gems giving them more money in hopes that they higher more people to get this game on track :rolleyes:

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  8. LYM

LYM Captain

and no grog

9. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Best one yet, now the section of wall where the HG is shooting, it was blown up by Bombers before the HG was even dropped, he's shooting at a wall with an opening 2 wall segments over haha. [​IMG]
    So funny, so much battle time wasted pointlessly shooting at a wall. And as usual his buddy is there with him, even though a whole group of Skellies are getting slaughtered just ahead....lolz

10. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Sure looks like the HG is shooting at the still in the lower right corner...

11. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Thread on HG path, wall stupidity below:
    http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/hg-path-bug.6799/
    Reported, many pictures, quite annoying for a 5 slot troop.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  12. Burnz

Burnz Captain

It's not, that grog collector is over 7 squares away. Should I do an ellipsis too...

13. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

And the damage bar clearly shows damage over the wall segment, while there is none over the grog collector.

14. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

The range of HGs is over 7 squares, and the wall damage looks like it came from the dying bombers.

15. yeti

yeti Captain

Just had an interesting one...

There is a jug and some skellies in the middle of the base. WD ignores those and sticks with a lone gunner on the outside, standing there until the PH guns kill him
    [​IMG]
    Given the WD AI supposedly priorities jugs, is the WD standing where he is because there's a jug and some skellies in the shark trap next to him (died before he got there), or have they subtly tweaked it?

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  16. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

If they have tweaked him, it would have been nice to tell us though for me his AI hasn't changed one bit. He's still a jugg loving nut case.

17. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Nope, he's shooting at the wall.

18. yeti

yeti Captain

I've seen the replay, it most certainly is shooting at the wall...

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  19. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Hey Skye, do you know anything about Skelly AI? And why they do this?
    [​IMG]
    I've cleared everything on the side & opened up the back but they make their way the whole way from there up around the side & in through the top?
    [​IMG]
    The whole way up & in, I lost the battle because of this strange AI.
    [​IMG]

Have you seen this before? It's the second time they've done this.

20. Skye

Skye Commodore

Troops don't seem to like to walk along that side of the ship a lot of the time. The building on the side of the ship is unwalkable (and also blocks sky raiders!), so if you put it really close to another object, unless you can squeeze them between it, they don't want to walk down it.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.