So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Resarf, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Resarf

Resarf Captain

Been playing this game over 300 days, and it was fun. Somewhere along the line it stopped being fun or I lost interest, I cant put my finger on exactly what or when, probably a combination of things. Many top level players are dropping out right now seems to be a pattern.

Perhaps if while exploring the map 100% the first time I earned all the items for LP's, perhaps if I didnt get 3 weeks of no new LP, perhaps if it didn't cost so much money to rumble competitively who knows.

I will say however its an amazing game, beautiful graphics, animations and attack mechanics, I do hope they continue to focus on the fighting part of the game rather than building new things like rumbles, erands, legends etc. I'm really glad they fixed the replays and wish I had 300 days like that rather than just the last few weeks.

Hopefully in the not too distant future, I'll enjoy another Midoki game.

Cheers

Becker Redbeard, Tex, 850arrr and 3 others like this.
  2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Many are in your wake matey. Sail on!

3. SaK

SaK First Mate

ya...players r frustrated, its a pity, Lps were here to increase the number players but unfortunately its doing the opposite along with other bugs. so long mate:(

4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

It's just sad really, Midoki had a chance to get things right this week, release Ching as the fixed LP & I can guarantee that we would have many a happy pirate here, but no, they make a complete mess up, it's a shame really, they are singlehandedly killing the game. So many people leaving in droves & they keep on making blunders, before the Trade Ship arrived I refused to believe that Midoki was populated by idiots, but unfortunately what they did makes me question that.

Tex and SaK like this.
  5. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

I just hope not everyone that leaves the game opens a thread about. :rolleyes:

porrig likes this.
  6. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Aww, I find that it's a great game, and still just a game. I play it daily, and always feel good knowing I have 0 builders and that my base is always getting better and I am progressing. That's all I really care about. Rumbles are starting to become gem to win, or who has more minis, so we just win what we can, and continue to grow. Just keep on getteing better, and everyone will have a day when their base is completely maxed out and getting 30 BP a battle. Sail on!

7. SaK

SaK First Mate

completely maxed base doesnt mean nothing to do...there should be some goal as well for the strong maxed players like other games example coc, but in PP its going no where, u get maxed base and quit the game! loss for midoki...

im happy that ur progressing well, become a max base and then ull feel what we r feeling

8. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Are LPs really a help?

9. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I think that having a maxed out bass just means you can focus more on just rumbling.

10. SaK

SaK First Mate

and if hate rumble? then?

11. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Well...then you're stuck, and then I would agree. Some games, I've never thought of this one like that, was that it ends too quickly. But that might be because you gemmed upgrades, and are done on the second day of the update, and have nothing to do. If nothing, just push your rank and become number one!

12. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

So what if they do, maybe midoki will listen then....lol yea right.

Raptelan likes this.
  13. Fil

Fil Captain

I'm trying to figure out if this was a typo, a pun or a Freudian Slip considering fish are part of the topic....

Becker Redbeard and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  14. SaK

SaK First Mate

i never gemmed and except my walls thr is nothing to do! and i hate pushing as well, pushing needs gem!
    so anything else?

15. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Like, it was totally a typo, but you just made it a whole lot funnier.

Fil likes this.
  16. Christy

Christy Commodore

For those of you that decide to stop playing....can you kindly place your resources and Pirate Hall out in the open for the rest of us :D That would be very helpful. Thanks in advance :D

17. yeti

yeti Captain

Unfortunately you can't push rank because there's not enough grog to cover the cost of troops...this is part of the issue. Rumbles are pay to win or minis, rank pushing isn't possible because of the grog, LP material drops are ridiculous...so if your base is maxed, whether or not you gemmed, what keeps the average person interested?

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  18. SaK

SaK First Mate

Bad joke...it's not something funny

19. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

All games have a shelf life or just endless more of the same. Nature of the beast, especially with mobile platforms, there are very few things with real longevity and those that do likely rely on social side (hence if i were midoki id put proper wars at top of agenda as may require proper tactical interaction).

As for getting ching making people happy, yeah, for a week. Then where are new upgrades, other LPs, get them and new pirates and just defers complaints another month. I think the LP design in part was so people could not just gem everything instantly and hence lengthen interest, maybe has for some and frustrated others.

Anyway, to original point, other than something nobody has foreseen anything other than wars will just defer boredom for a short period (new ph, new gun whooppee.... ). I don't think Midoki need tons of flak for this though (other than wars taking ages), boredom will set in sooner or later anyway.

20. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Sorry to see Resarf leave the game. Same can be said for some other great players that left the game. I remember someone mentioning others will soon move up through the ranks to replace them. That make be true, but I have yet to see any new players replace some of the greats that have left the game. I am sure in time it will happen.

Games such as these require patience. I believe this game to have a strong foundation and it still has the core group of Devs that were originally responsible for the early content we all enjoyed so much. Midoki has always been receptive to the suggestions of players, and I believe this aspect of the game has not change. I expect Midoki to continue to provide new content that the majority of players will enjoy long term.

As for Rovio, that is another story. They need to provide stronger and higher quality support to the Midoki team. Hope 2016 also holds greater advertising support from Rovio. Rovio customer support has been adequate at best, and reflects poorly upon the high quality customer support that Midoki provides.