So what next Midoki?

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Red Privateer, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

I don't mean within Plunder Pirates, but what next?. It's been two years since Plunder Pirates was announced with much fanfare, but you can't sit on your laurels forever. @Lynsey [Midoki] ...

Alnemer and Morgan Ford like this.
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Don't worry, we're very busy - there is no laurel resting going on. ;)

3. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

Spoilers please?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Alnemer likes this.
  5. Alnemer

Alnemer Crew

The beginning is great design and how to play, then Thay try a different way not to be another Clash Of Clans ... But no clans wars no support army in the island competitive advantage only money spend and the prize are from a random Stupid system (I think they lost on the road)

Legendary u cant get and u need up to 4000$ to to train them or 2-3 years and u need a 1-2 years to find the correct outfits if u ever get them

The most funy thing is the event prize : u don't know what is it or what's it look like or for any legendary or what is the puff .... After that maybe and i said maybe u dont have that legendary and waiting for him :D:D:D loooooool

The game had no advantage any more and if Thay could do something to fix that they can't find a players

I spend more than a year trying to explain that for every one in this form

The active players now are araond 2000 in all the worlds players that attack just one or two weakly is no more than 20,000... The other players r just downloaded the geam and and forget it.... If u don't believe just download a new island and tray to get a couple of PP and see what is ur ranks and check it after couple of days

One thing more .. The one who suggested the color pink ...happy plundering alone :confused:

I am really sad for the dark future of this game

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Deadwood likes this.
  6. Alnemer

Alnemer Crew

They have a dragon as one of the troops.... That should come before one year ago or a good event with the most funy random system prize

For the upcoming Dragon:
    Can i suggest violet color of the dragon will be suitable with the fence

:rolleyes:

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

First, I'm pretty sure this topic was not about Plunder Pirates, but rather, OTHER games Midoki may be developing outside of PP. So one of us is terribly misinterpreting the point of this topic, but lets try to make out this pessimistic trash-heap of grammar and rebut some of the criticisms.

First lets tackle the issue of cost:

You can max every LP for around $560 usd, worst case, not thousands, assuming you buy every single mat including commons. If you farm the commons, you can do it for much cheaper, and if you take advantage of sales (real life sales, not just the sporadic in-game ones!) you can save a lot as well.

You need about 420 of each common to max all the LP. If you buy merchant chests, you will get around 20 of each material per 100 you buy (over that many, it will definitely average out), so you need about 2100 merchant chests. Merchant chests are the most efficient way to get literally anything out of a chest per gem spent (I've compared drop chance on materials, ep, bp, gold, grog, and gems per gem spent on chests for all the chest types)

2100 merchant chests, at 40 gems a piece, costs 84,000 gems. Since you can get 15,000 gems for $100, it comes out to $560 worth of gems to buy that many chests.

If you buy iTunes cards, you get 15,000 gems for $80, since you can find 20% off sales on itunes cards at many stores or online (that's how many big spenders fund themselves, since you save a LOT of money doing this). At this price, its $448 to get that many gems.

If you have that credit stocked up at 20% off, and also buy gems during an in-game sale, you get 18,000 gems for $80 (since you bought the $100 credit ahead of time for $80 thru an itunes card sale). At this price, its $373.33 to get enough gems to buy 2100 merchant chests.

If you've stocked up on gems on a sale, with credit bought on sale, and used those gems to take advantage of the half-off chest sale last anniversary (I'm hoping they run it again this anniversary!), it cuts that in half again to $186.66 to max everything. It certainly wasn't terribly expensive to max everything if you've taken advantage of every opportunity.

If you farm common materials and only buy chests to get the rare/epic materials, its significantly cheaper, since you only need about 1/4 of the chests you would need to also get all the commons. Many commons are very easy to farm. I haven't spent anywhere near the thousands you imply, and I have all of my key LP at max or near-max levels.

Second lets tackle the issue of unknown rewards for events:
    Lynsey posted a list of all the LP outfit buffs of the voodoo outfits to the forums when the event went live. I also posted a screenshot of every single outfit to the PPBay public slack chat, so anyone who was curious to know what they looked like could have put in a bit of effort, joined the community, and found out.
    These outfits are FREELY available though. No spending was required to finish the event. It was balanced so an attacker could finish the event with 8-10 attacks per day.

Third lets look at the "not having the LP" issue:
    All players are subject to the same chances when it comes to LP being on the boat. You aren't any more likely or unlikely than anyone else to find any specific LP from week to week. And all of the non-rare LP are regularly rotated into the weekly fixed slot on the boat. All of the rare LP were guaranteed during the holiday season, on the Christmas and New Years trade ships. Everyone who has been playing the game since before then has had a guaranteed chance to have gotten all 12 LP at one point. While I agree that a random system might not be best for this, it has its merits, and I believe they still do see a regular increase in activity on trade-ship days as players log in to check the ship. This does drive habitual activity to the game, and anyone familiar with skinner boxes knows that habituating users to a regular activity is great for long-term player retention. I highly recommend spending some time educating yourself on game design and the fundamental theories that go into each decision being made. From an analytics perspective, this is actually a great decision - players may not be as happy in the short term, but it keeps them around longer on average.

Finally lets examine your issue with the color pink:
    Pink is just a color. A color that historically was very manly, not that it should matter what gender is socially associated with it.

It looks like a washed out blood stain for sure. The pink is actually the carcass of a dead sea wyrm as well, which is extremely brutal and piratey! And before the late 1900s, pink was the "boy" color and blue was the "girl" color.

But not only men play this game, there are plenty of girls playing as well, and girls deserve some representation. Both the color, and the "games are for men" issues are both systemic beliefs ingrained in modern society by a silly marketing decision a few decades ago.
    Also, unless you have some serious insecurities, something as inconsequential as a color should not matter very much to you.

Pink was a great color, not only for it looking bloody, but it has the BEST visual contrast with the greens of the grass and the blues of the water. It makes things stand out. From a purely color-theory perspective, it was the best choice for making an interface where you could quickly identify key structures.

The only argument I've seen against it is negative stigma placed on the color by a globally patriarchal society that is in complete fear of looking feminine. Why are you afraid of looking girly? What's wrong with being a girl, or being a feminine man? This argument against it is a very strong reason to do it on purpose, since not doing so would be empowering a stance of bigotry.

And my number one reason for supporting pink (I actually suggested they make things on the island pink way before PH10 was announced purely for this reason) was to troll @SpongeCake :) And I'm sure she will be happy to confirm!

8. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Just WOW :eek::)

9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Skye A very well thought out and concise rebuttal to an incoherent monstrosity of a post written by what I perceived was an imbibing imbecilic ignoramus.

Edit: Meant imbibing imbecilic iguanas. Wouldn't want to appear I was insulting to an actual person. My apologies.

flyingdoucheman likes this.
  10. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

LOL:p, wait, is that a b u m p?

11. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

So you insult iguanas instead!? :eek::p

Skillzone10 and Spongee like this.
  12. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Genius - didn't even know you could get discounted iTunes cards :cool:

13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Capt. Sharky

We usually post in our general chat when the sale happens. While there are several sources offering discounts, the one most of us utilize is from ebay. Electronic purchase, instant email delivery. Limit of $400 per purchase, but you can make multiple purchases to get around the limit. Check PPBay, I sent the twitter link that announces the different sales. I've bought them from grocery stores and office supply stores when they go on sale. But most of the time I buy from ebay and just save them until I need them.

14. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Sharkys a little old. May have to put message all in CAPS!

Skillzone10 likes this.
  15. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Where as douche is just little

16. Alnemer

Alnemer Crew

As usual attacking anyone says the word does not fit with their beliefs ,,, Sky here intervenes so that cover and protect the game being is supposed to be just a player and not a developer. Let's go back to the reality of the random system there is the potential 91% that do not get what you want to do

I personally purchase 40 chests did not get any one element for Black Bird, let remember that we r looking for elements for 1 of the 12 legendary ... In the other must that you delete a purpose because there is no place

U said $560 usd..... From where did u get that number if the elements is coming random and for 12 legendary still there are a chance to spend 10,000 $ and not finishing one single legandary

If u engoying this game keep playing it. But stop laying and miss leading other players

So far I do not insulted and as it happens from you and your gulids

Deadwood likes this.
  17. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

@Skye -- while I am sure any number of girls play this game, the analogy to men would be women...

18. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Haters gonna hate! :eek:
    It's a game.

19. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

great, great response Syke.
    It's a game, 550 days in and I just love this game, it takes me away from the stress of everyday living, to be able to get lost in this Pirate world is the games greatest asset.

20. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Alnemer You allowed my post to slip by without a rebuttal. I expected less of you :(

If you are going to completely ignore me, I will cease taking the time to insult you. If that happenes, people will stop visiting this forum for the entertainment it provides. Less forum activity means less overall game related activity. People start losing interest, they stop buying gems. If gem sales drop, the company suffers financial hardship and new content slows while people start getting laid off. The cycle continues, more people get laid off and can't find employment. Families go hungry, children starve, crime increases. Do you really want that on your conscience? C'mon, throw a little insult my way. Do it for the starving children ;)