Spend Gems to replay battles

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by VinUnleaded, Nov 21, 2014.

1. VinUnleaded

VinUnleaded Powder Monkey

As a player, I want to be able to spend Gems to replay a battle so that I can practice attacking a certain town. The player does not have to wait for the recruiting to be complete or find a similar setup to fight

Benefits: The player gets practice
    Players spend more gems

EDIT:
    Rules:
    1. The outcome of practice battle will not be persisted into the Database

Someone mentioned a clever approach a couple of post down. It is to let you attack your own base. This could potentially result in discovering best practices quickly and everyone's base look the same

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

In this scenario, which win gets recorded? The first attempt before the gemmed play? If so then I see this as a cool idea, if not then I see big gemmed players REALLY abusing this system

3. Thumbs down ,but a practice mode i like that idea :), but pay to keep attacking someone till you win ? Will be abused ...replay as practice for next time you meet up or just practice not a bad an idea.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

+1 to practice mode.

And also, to take this idea even further, how about paying 5-10 gems to permanently save a replay from the maintenance monster?

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

+1 practice mode!

6. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

What might be easier to implement and also might have more relevance is a practise mode for attacking *your own* base! Work on both attack and defence at the same time

Cap'n Creeperb and Kelani like this.
  7. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Practise mode? No. Just no. Get out and fight. Learn from the replays. Pansies.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Were you a drill sergeant at some point? :D

Bear, Gangrene Beard and Salty Snack like this.
  9. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Next they'll want BP for destroying their own bases. Hoo-Rah!

10. Cpt. Sharkhook

Cpt. Sharkhook Powder Monkey

11. Oohrah USMC

Creeper and Salty Snack like this.
  12. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Not much to learn from a replay that's completely inaccurate. I proposed a practice mode in a different thread a week or so ago, to which you replied the same thing there.

I have to ask how is attacking another player as you suggest going to help you learn with your own bases defense?

13. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Hate the idea of practice mode. People should have to atack bases to practice. No no no

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Actually, since replays are a probable outcome, you can still learn a lot from them, you just can't always learn what happened.
    At that time - Salty was referring to learning how to attack. You can't learn how to attack better from rewatching replays of your attacks. He was saying that it's better to go out there to attack to learn better how to attack.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  15. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

You can best learn what defenses work by getting out and attacking. Play the game, forget about playing with yourself.

16. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

I do attack, in fact I have over 750 successful plunders on other bases in the game.

That being said, a practice mode would still help players fine tune the defenses in their bases, well beyond what attacking others provides or watching inaccurate replays.

As far as playing with myself, this is basically a single player game. When you attack another they aren't online and have 0 control over what happens, other than how they setup their base, before they logout. Which leads us right back to importance of a good solid base defense and knowing just what happens when troops are dropped on it. No?..

Also you never answered the question I asked in my previous post. So I will ask again. How does offensively attacking others going to help you fine tune the defenses you have set up in your own base?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    .Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  17. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Fine tuning your base comes from others attacking you. As I said, watch the replays. Accuracy is irrelevant.
    Learn new defensive layouts from attacking. Fine tune your base from defending. No practise mode required.
    Please Midoki, don't waste your time developing this. There are far, far better uses for your time.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    Gangrene Beard likes this.
  18. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Not to become a pest here, but you still didn't answer the question. Instead you list a bunch of current game mechanics that I'm already quite aware of and probably any player that's above PH3 is as well.

For as strong as you & your opinions come off in your post you provide 0 reasons not to have it other than you think current game mechanics are good enough.

I really don't need bigger tires on my atv because the current ones are good enough. I can get threw most mud holes but if I get stuck either I or my wife will wench me out of the mud. This is the way it has always been and I need to learn from getting stuck in the mud and remember what happened last time so it won't happen again. Except it will happen again.

And then I went and bought bigger tires......

I still get stuck just not nearly as often. Not only have the bigger tires made me a better rider, but I'm experiencing new things and going to new places I couldn't get to before.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  19. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Asked and answered. Just say no to Wanker Mode.

20. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Exactly