[STICKY] Thread for issues in latest version (1.3.3)

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Sir Bugsalot, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Hey all!

Now that we have the update out and those Juggernauts in check, feel free to post your 1.3.3 issues here :cool:
    No need to check your game version, if you can get online, you are on 1.3.3.

The most critical known issues are the replays not being 100% (getting there, hopefully next update) and the glitches in Guild Chat.

So feel free to gather/discuss bugs/glitches here -- your feedback and help are
    much appreciated :)
    I will likely not have time to reply to all messages, but rest assured, I will keep an eye on the thread.

Let's try to keep this as clean and to the point as possible, so we can focus on fixing issues to ensure your gaming experience will be more and more enjoyable with each update. Suggestions and balancing gripes are also appreciated, but let's try to keep this thread as "bugs only" to not lose focus.

AngryBeard likes this.
  2. The glitch where the tavern capacity show not only pirates in the tavern but also those who are at sea.

3. Thankful that even if mistakes are made this game still listens and try's to resolve the issues, more than I can say for other game development teams who shall not be named. I won't talk loot handicap here it's not a bug. Cheers dev admin. Teams keep growing the game.

4. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

I will say this. The fact that the loot drought above 600 PR wasn't addressed, nor was the insane recruitment time and cost of troops like the witch dr, heavy gunner, and even bombers to a certain extent was really disappointing. The pirate catcher is weak, add a tavern Queue already. I don't wanna beat up on you guys about this last update anymore than I already have, but the next update has to be way better to keep many of us playing. I know for me it has caused me to take my first break from the game and as it stands now there is zero sense of urgency for me to come back.
    P.S. Thank you for fixing the juggs. And i like that you added a new unit.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

6. Thanks for the feedback! We are working on ways to tweak recruitment times, but we have to be super careful about how we approach this. This will be addressed in some way... and probably even another :)

About the "drought at 600" -- this is debatable and a bit of a slippery slope. I'm personally up there around 600 to keep an eye on how it plays, and there's a couple of things to keep in mind:
    First off, people are up there because they play well and have invested time/money. They have well protected resource buildings and they use their resources efficiently, likely topping things off with gems to start/pay for upgrades, so people have a very tight window to get crazy loot from them -- we can't "penalize" people for playing smart :)
    If we upped the maximum to loot-% at the top, people would be unhappy about losing so much when defending, rendering the whole change moot.

Also, I find good loot above the 600 mark if I just have the patience to keep looking! Plenty of ~500k bases to be plundered! There's also a lot of "movement" up there, so new bases coming and going all the time.

I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that we finally got the patch out with the juggs :)
    You can all rest assured that when something that bad slips through, we will not just leave it at that. We all enjoy working on this title and take great pride in (maybe 'slowly' according to some, but surely 'surely') honing it out to be the diamond it deserves to be!

Captain Monkey likes this.
  7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'd like to take this moment to thank you guys once again for actually taking the time to listen to our crazy rants/requests/ideas. It means a lot to me and is the main factor in my choosing PP over any other in the genre.

8. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Thanks Bugs.
    Loot drought above 600 may be debatable, but you are one of the very few who has debated that side. The vast majority of people on this forum and who I talk to in-game say the game becomes increasingly unplayable as you get further and further above 600, myself included. I don't necessarily think allowing more plunder from players up there is a good idea however a win bonus mixed with decreased cost of some of the more overpriced units like witch dr, heavy's, etc. would go along way to alleviating this. For many of us post update the game not only sucks when you pushing rank, but now with the loot nerf is is much less fun to farm as well. That's what is hugely disappointing about the update. The part that needed fixing, nothing. The part the vast majority of us enjoyed, damaged horribly.

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

Keep up the great work! I can't express how happy I am with this game and the most recent update.

10. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

The issues above rank 600 are still there. Funny thing is, if everyone that should be above rank 600 was actually there, there would be far fewer issues and maybe none at all. There needs to some type of bonus to get the higher level players back above 600. Right now, I am finding them hiding below 100. What was I doing below 100 you might ask? Well... :rolleyes:

# Johnny Doe # and Bear like this.
  11. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Well as promised I waited until today to start farming and I would give my take on the loot nerf. Well there definitely isn't any need for the preverbial chicken little routine...loot is fine. I'm extremely relieved, but still not happy that they did it, given how many way more important issues there are that are just as easily implemented. But as far as a noticeable loot decrease, I dont see any. I still get the same loot per hour I did before. So I guess I did all that whining for nothing. :p

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hey, It takes a big @donkeykilla to admit when he's wrong. :D Your post was very beneficial, because if you're convinced that loot is OK, it must be! :)

13. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Noooooooooooooo...now it's time for whining about the time you lost while whining :p

I agree. Maybe have to next a little bit more but the loot is still there.

14. Thanks for the feedback, this is much appreciated.
    However, as stated, I would like to keep this thread strictly bug/defect related (not balancing, loot tables, game design etc..), so I would like to hear what these "way more important issues there are that are just as easily implemented" are exactly :)

15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

16. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Well since you asked, I think most of us here would agree that reducing the cost and time of heavy gunns and witch dr's, and adding a tavern que would be as easily implemented and infinitely more beneficial to the game. But then again I can barely turn my computer on so what the hell do I know.
    And passive aggresion is like a second language to me so it wasn't lost on me there. ;)

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  17. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

This post has been edited for v1.3.5 (and will continue to be edited until a v1.3.5 appears.

Some of these have been acknowledged by mods after v1.3.3 release, some of them have not; but if you wanted all current issues in the one thread here are all the bug reports (new and old) I've posted myself that I can confirm are yet to be resolved:

General bugs:
    Still present - Scrolling physics - rubber banding exaggerated
    Still present - Minor GFX Glitch - Exploration View Shows Tile Outlines When Zoomed Out
    Still present - Minor GUI Bug - Hire Time Increase In Voodoo Hut (+Academy?) Shows Inconsistent Units
    (unknown) Minor (But Game Crashing) GFX Glitch - Mid-Construction Pirate Catcher Details View Issue
    (unknown) Notification Typo - Defeating the Big Fish Shows Defeated "Huge" Fish Notification
    (Reportedly fixed, unconfirmed) Minor GFX Glitch - Mystic Mortar Upgrade Doesn't Graphically Show Stun Time Improvement
    Fixed - Sky Raider Has 2x Cannon Crusher Upgrades In The Academy
    Fixed - Minor GUI Bug - Bomber's Dead Man's Trigger Not Listed As A Skill After Learning Kabooooom! (+More)
    (Needs further confirmation) Minor GUI Glitch - Bomber Graphically Shows Maxed Damage Stat In Academy When Not Actually Maxed
    (unknown) Minor GUI Glitch - Current Gold Shown 1 Less Than Actual

Battle bugs:
    Still present - Minor GFX Glitch - Gun Tower Guns Disappear Occasionally
    (unknown) Moonwalking, Swimming-On-Land Brutes
    Fixed - Minor Animation Glitch - Pirates Can Die More Than Once
    (unknown) Attacking Strongholds Possible Whilst Upgrading Ship

Not yet confirmed because I can't yet or can't anymore:
    (unknown) Minor GFX Bug - Overlapping Build Times
    (unknown) Academy And Voodoo Hut Show Train Popups When No Skills Left To Train

Wow I've been busy ey?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    # Johnny Doe # likes this.
  18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

19. Sweet! Thanks SO MUCH for compiling these :)
    I'll dig into each and everyone this week, I promise!

In the meantime, here's some live feed from us in action -- spotting and whacking!
    http://gfycat.com/IckyAncientHarvestmen
    [​IMG]

20. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Chat is still a mess for me. Still doesn't always open and close without sliding and my posts don't show about 20% of the time. Best part is my chat tab is right above my ship when I play and on those times when it doesn't open it hits the ship tab and dissapears my second crew. Fun times.

Captain MetaTauta likes this.