The game is broken

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Intimidator, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

:mad:So...Event is here. It’s almost unplayable however because I’m yet again being offered ph 11 one after the other. Occasionally find a same level base to attack but low level and no rank to be had. So I’m assuming there’s a big rumble somewhere combined with more gameplay from the event and update? Is there so little ph 13-14 out there to be had? All I get is either ph 11 offered or keep searching only to get kicked out of the battle screen time after time or get “no battle found, retry?” :mad: So sorry...but this is beyond frustrating. Hope there’s a solution soon, cuz this is getting old really quick! Help!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  2. Dear Master M..I believe i've been good to you with my spend and the same back in rewards...though these new rules you implemented are becoming a little distance for the players of the Long Term ...I love to Gem at times but this new rule seems a little distracting..Maybe Roll back that Algorithm you implemented as it's like telling me..i don't care. Yours Sincerely Dp.

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We've not changed any algorithm in terms of matchmaking individual battles - we've only changed the scoring for hitting bases two levels lower, in the name of fairness.

Usually when there's a lack of variety in bases (or not being able to find a suitable base), it's due to players increasing their session frequency/length - this is particularly true around updates where a new Pirate Hall is introduced. There are a few factors:

1) PH 13s will be more active (therefore spending less time offline) as they're chasing the resources for upgrading to PH 14
    2) PH 14s will be more active as they they're chasing the resources to upgrade their defences/buildings/troops
    3) More people will be active in general as there's a battle event on
    4) More people are likely to be purchasing shields, in order to protect their loot for upgrading
    5) More bases are getting attacked, so if they're not online, they're more likely to be under a shield from a previous attack
    6) There isn't a huge pool of PH14s yet, so the ones that rushed their base are less likely to run into one another - they're more likely to be hitting PHs 12 and 13s
    7) Due to the change in scoring, PH 13s are less likely to be hitting PH11s, meaning that PH12+ are more likely to be hit, and PH11s are more likely to not be shielded

4. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I understand all of the above. I also agree whole heartedly with the changes! I don’t think anyone should be rewarded for attacking below their weight either.

Should I get kicked out of battle numerous times or get no battle found? Obviously there are tons of ph11 out there, so why would it tell me there are no battles? I’m only one person that wants to play and spend my gems but it’s really awful to try and play this way. So your missing out on others as well that just gave up and quit spending last night and other times since the update. I did try again last night after I wrote this post and it was better. Initially when I tried playing, the game didn’t seem to be working correctly and made it nearly impossible to keep me motivated to keep hitting next, kicked, or no battle. Our guild had several online at the time and they were experiencing the same issue.

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

We're looking to see if there's anything odd going on - you should get the no battle found message, rather than just being kicked back to your island (which I've experienced myself this afternoon - it was fine this morning!). Hopefully I should have an answer tomorrow.

Intimidator likes this.
  6. 10Atious

10Atious Crew

Hit 27 “ next” then booted back to my island.....not a single match within 2 PH of me.......or the other scenario...15 or so “next” and a “no battle found” etc....this is really fun. I don’t mind the change but if there are not going to be any islands to attack within my PH range then the game is sucking my gold and the fun dry....

7. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Maybe a small reduction in shield time would help. 12 hours is a long time to hide lol.

8. xVortexinator

xVortexinator Powder Monkey

Yes. Very, very unfortunate that there is a lack of point-worthy bases. Myself and the captain (who I am in a guild with) are already struggling enough to score points in rumbles (And we don’t have plans to merge with any other guilds, as we are happy in our own, isolated guild.) We are only 3 people - and - with the lack of bases worth attacking, it’s just become a little inconvenient.

9. laaafish

laaafish Crew

The majority of battles I'm getting are ph11 for 370pp. I'm ph13. The last 2 streaks I've been trying to do have had no battles found notice pop up!

10. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I’ve just put this in the wobbly points thread I started the other day as well. This issue is happening with highest frequency at the same time of day 2000-2200 UTC (6am - 8am in Australia) each day since the upgrade. It’s occurring outside those times too but not as often.

To give an example of it’s effect, a streak of 5 literally took 45 minutes to complete after repeatedly hitting continue streak to the no battles available message. I hope there will be some points compensation towards the event as we are being robbed of time to complete the current event.

Intimidator likes this.
  11. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Can't stand the new lowered points. Stop offering me maxed bases and ph11 since neither of them are of any use to me. Hell, I don't always get 3 stars on a ph11, since I can't seem to attack worth a damn these days.

12. I also have the same problems as other players, but idk if others noticed this but yesterday when this was happening thunderstruck rain was on then as soon as the rain stopped everything went back to normal today the rain again and no matches if things get better when the rain stops I’ll let you all know. Also when I was able to match a few yesterday my pirates were weak and didn’t do what they normally would until the rain stopped. I’m just not that bad a player. Also I agree with Taipanfan, we are in a tight rumble, which we will now lose, and the points for the event now lost. Some compensation would be appreciated. AND while I’m at it Happy Birthday. I have played other games and when it’s been a Birthday the players were gifted with gems, hmmmmm Midoki.

MorganFlint and Intimidator like this.
  13. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Last night when I finally was able to find bases worthy of spending my gems on, the storm had just ended. Hmmm...

14. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

The storm is still raging and an hour and a half past when the problem improved for me yesterday, but no improvement today. Have now started to accept my PH level minus 2 that are cashed up, for fear of wearing out my next and fight buttons. Rubbish points but at least I get to reset defenses after blowing my shield having attempted to battle.

15. Burian

Burian Crew

I see the Wall lvl 22 perfectly the same of Wall lvl 23 in my Island. It Is a bug to be corrected?

Bye

16. Storm has ended and I can attack, match ph13’s and win and streak. Call Mr. Fixit.

17. Lynsey [Midoki]

It's nothing to do with the storm - it's more down to timezones and activity:

1) The storm runs over the peak US active time
    2) The storm sees players being more active anyway, as battles give more points during that time

We're looking into some measures to alleviate the no battle found issue which will be rolled out this morning, and we're also extending the finish time for the event due to people having trouble battling at the start of it.

18. laaafish

laaafish Crew

Before the update for ph14, I know I wasn't getting so many bases with 370pp, I don't think that was how low the points on offer actually were even if it was a ph11 vs ph13.

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

The points for hitting bases that are two levels lower were reduced for the current update. Players can still farm much lower bases for loot, but will no longer be as well compensated in terms of Plunder Points.

20. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Thanks for listening, and being proactive in compensating us for our lost time and frustrations with the battling issues. The extra time is much appreciated.

peg-brain bob likes this.