The game is broken

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Intimidator, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Burian

Burian Crew

I saw that the wall lv22 and the lv23 maxed ones have exactly the same colour in the island layout. It makes difficult to understand which wall are to be upgraded. Can you fix this please Lynsey?

Intimidator likes this.
  2. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I haven’t finished my pirate hall yet so had to look at other islands...the max level has more black on the sides. It took me a while to see the difference. However, if you have walls inside walls it is very difficult to tell which one is which.

3. xVortexinator

xVortexinator Powder Monkey

I was thinking the same thing. I looked over some of the other pirates on the game with Level 14 Pirate Halls - to see what sort of new upgrades and stuff they had with the new Pirate Hall island colours and defences. I only thought there was 1 new wall colour/upgrade that they added in, until these other pirates on the forums pointed out that there are two new upgrades/level of walls. Very hard to tell which is which. I had to zoom all the way in on my device and squint my eyes to see the small differences in the walls. Doesn’t necessarily feel rewarding to have basically the same wall colour/look for spending over 3,000,000+ gold on each piece, even if it does make your walls that bit stronger.

Perhaps you could make the future discrepancies of walls more visible in the next upcoming Pirate Halls? As, like these pirates are saying: it is very hard to tell which walls you’ve upgraded and which ones you’ve not, and when fighting other rival pirates.

4. Thank you Midoki, very generous of you to give us the extra time.

peg-brain bob likes this.
  5. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Thank you very much for the extra time Midoki. Extremely generous & very much appreciated! :)

6. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Still issues at times with matching ph 12-13 mostly. Last night I was kicked out to home island several times. Restarted and seemed to go away. Not sure what that was about. I do have a question...
    Why do high ranking ph 14 players tend to get offered mostly 1-2 levels down at times, however a high ranking ph 12-13 get offered ph 14 all the time? Seems a little backwards. I hear all the time from players not at max level that battle at a high rank for their ph level, that they only seems to get offered ph 14 islands. If there are plenty of 12-13, obviously out there, why do they not get a crack at them? They stand little chances of smashing max ph 14s. I’d gladly switch my attack que with them lol. What gives?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    850arrr likes this.
  7. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

OMG please make a setting so I can never see a PH 2 levels below me. I have yet to find a need to ever hit a base that offers such horrible plunder points. There are sooooo many that get offered to me I get beyond frustrated skipping them :mad:. It's not worth my time or gems to attack a base for a piddly 500ish PP. Even farming them doesn't work since they either have not enough loot or the crew I need to beat them is far to expensive :mad::mad:.

MorganFlint likes this.
  8. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

What ever was done when lowering points for hitting two levels must’ve messed something up. Never had so much trouble finding an island worth spending my gems on. Couldn’t the search criteria for a battle be fixed to look for similar phs more so rather than rank? Just because a ph 12-13 is playing 7-800 rank doesn’t mean they are a ph 14, which the game seems to think when matching them mostly with phs way out of their league. I play 900+ as a ph 14 or try to stay above that and I get lower ph offered all the time. This makes no sense at all. It explains why no one has any gold in the game other than trying to keep ugs going. On top of that everyone is nexting their little fingers off trying to find something worth their time. I’ve actually ran out of gold on several occasions just trying to find a few islands to finish off an ug or help in a rumble. Is there no solution or explanation or is this just what we have to play with? Are you really expecting that ph 14 players will spend gems on a ph 12-13 and a ph 12-13 player waste their time/gems with ph14s on a regular basis?

Idk if anything was done to fix or relieve the problem as there was no response (I’m shocked) :eek:, but it has gotten a bit better. Although another big rumble or the game gets really busy again and that all goes out the window I suppose. Seems like a never ending crappy cycle that needs fixing. But hey, only a couple actually said anything about it, so everything must be hunky dory. :cool:

850arrr likes this.
  9. The experience is very different at different ranks. I keep a ranking between 450 and 550 and i the majority of my offerings for battle are other ph 14's i still next a lot looking for the one i want to attack but it is not for the lack of similar lanier ph 14's. But i also have notice of you look at the world wide top 200 the 200 rank player worldwide is at 841. That means of you are in the 900+ ranking group there are only a limited number of ph 14 that would be in your grouping.(approx 110 like bases worldwide. So less at any given time to sheilds and active players. I really wish the forum would go back to ordering tips on the game and be less complaing about the game. The game has to be fun for everyone not just the top 125

skunkbab likes this.
  10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

My rank usually hovers around the low 700's and I see bases ranked as low as 350 and most of which are the pointless PH12's that mean absolutely nothing to me. The time I spend hitting the next button is getting out of hand. For the love of god @Lynsey [Midoki] make a setting so I never see bases that are two pirate halls below me!!

11. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Ahh it’s hopeless @850arrr. I guess Midoki has quit responding to complaints. I think it’s a legitimate problem with the game but what do I know? And no I’m not sending a ticket to be ignored either. Utter waste of time.

MorganFlint and 850arrr like this.
  12. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I notice more dead bases showing up in search - Players who left the game over 100 days ago. Didn’t those used to become unsearchable after a while? If so, have they been added to give us more bases to attack and/or a sign of fewer active players? Or have they always been there and I used to not find them....

13. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

New problem, under broken game, if you start training pirates, change LP on fort or start an upgrade, and then log off within a few minutes - when you go back to game, the training, LP change or upgrade will not be in effect.
    I thought it was just a once or twice glitch but it keeps happening. I just used all my grog to start training an army and left game. Returned to game a minute later to check rumble time and the tavern was no longer recruiting and half the grog used to recruit the army was gone!
    I have heard complaints from others in various guilds for the same thing.

14. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Idk for sure, but I thought after 30 days of inactivity your island would not show up to be attacked. However I believe all the old players that quit ages ago have been added back into the game to stop the annoying “no battle found” problem maybe? One problem fixed seemed to create another. Midoki doesnt wanna fix anything anymore. Doesn’t really help us ph14 people to add a bunch of lower level islands and reduce the points for hitting them. Just pull the plug already....You can’t really expect to keep leading people on that something is coming.....please.

850arrr likes this.
  15. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I opened the game earlier today and saw one tile on my east map. All my maps have been cleared for a while now. It did disappear when I switch to another map or exited and came back. Just really odd.

16. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I got on game to fund perks, and donated some Guild Ship troops and then rehired the troops. Logged off game and then decided to check - logged back on and the troops I recruited were no longer cooking. Please check this out @Lynsey [Midoki] !!

17. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Rearming doesn’t hold either! Service is fine, gameplay works normally. Please fix or explain the delay in keeping changes made before logging off.

850arrr likes this.
  18. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

That's a weird error you are having and one that I have only experienced right when the game was going into maintenance and kicks me off and whatever I did in that last minute doesn't stick. I've never had that happen during normal game play. Have you checked your internet connecting or possible router for being wacky?

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

You'll need to send a support ticket in-game, as we can't investigate account-specific issues via the forum. It sounds like a connection issue, however - the client will remain running for a short time when the connection has dropped, whilst it attempts to reconnect. If it doesn't reconnect within the set time period, it'll say 'Connection lost', and reload.

If you do stuff ad then close the game when the connection is iffy or dropped, it runs the risk of the commands not reaching the server - you shouldn't lose any resources as a result (eg if you've set pirates hiring, but the command doesn't get sent, then your pirates don't get cooked BUT you also don't get that grog deducted, etc).

20. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I don’t get any connection lost notices. Battles work fine. Only logging off seems to have a lag.
    You know as well as I do that tickets don’t get answered.

Intimidator and 850arrr like this.