The new update what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Fish Eyed Pirate, Oct 22, 2014.

1. I personally like the Frankenbrutenstein, costs some money but it's hardenend soul and great damage are sure to wreck your opponents base. (side note, this brute does NOT go for defenses, it acts like a jugg)

My pirates don't get stuck anymore! Yay!

Also in the top right corner when exploring you now can see the percentage you have explored.

New quests for gems. Free gems me like!

Tell me what you guys think!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  2. KayJay

KayJay Powder Monkey

I like Frankenbrutenstein and that he takes gold not grog to make. The Halloween makeover is fab but I am still holding out for guild monitoring in some form.

New quests are always welcome, I haven't had time to plunder enough to see bug fixes but it all looks good so far. Oh and the notification fix is working too which is great.

3. John

John Powder Monkey

The troops getting stuck and innacurate replays aren't fixed yet. First fight back one of my juggs gets stuck in place after a morter blast, them on replay he never does and the loot plundered is very different. Sad pirate

4. placo

placo Crew

So far i like it, troops dont pass through walls anymore which is GREAT! I have not had any stuck troops yet or seen any inacurate replays. I like the notifications but i cant find where to turn them off. My phone is going off every minute saying my ship is back from exploration. But i already sent it back out and has 4 hours left. Make my phone stop!! So far so good but i really want guild updates. Like personal stats and donations. Something to make the guild useful besides chatting and the few expensive perks. Donations and stats r also good cause we can than see when someones innactive. Right now we have no idea if they are active but just do not chat. Atleast things are headed in the right direction and they are uPdating! Thanks for that!!

5. placo

placo Crew

Bad news!!!!!!!! I was just attacked and my mortar made the troops hop right over the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Mark'sha

Mark'sha Powder Monkey

Finally got the update and proper working :D
    Seems pretty nice, most bugs are fixed.
    i had one issue again with those replays not showing the battle result but apart of that veery nice.
    And Yes i like the New Frankenbrutenstein very much is just freaky.
    and there are new exploration quest just for halloween allowing to earn some gems which is pretty good.

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I don't want to take away from the devs' hard work. They did a great job on this update, but honestly, it was a bit of a letdown for me. It's now clear that the real purpose of this update was the halloween tie-in (that many other Rovio games are also doing), rather than addressing the growing list of gameplay issues. IMo those things should come first. Maybe next time.

New upgrades? Great, If you're PH7+
    New quests? Great!, if you can find them (nobody in my guild has found a squid anywhere)

Full disclosure: My opinion on this update is clouded by the fact that I'm mad they removed my favorite toy: 3D replays. So what if it wasn't fully-implemented? It worked, it was fun, and it didn't have any downside that I could find. I really hope it's brought back at some point. Preferably soon. :)

8. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

I actually really like the update. Most of the bugs are fixed and that's the most important thing for me when an update comes out. Other games tend to ignore bug fixes and add content thus giving us more bugs to deal with. So far so good with this game as far as I'm concerned.

9. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I like it. Hated loosing my juggles to the dizzy standing dance...

For all the people complaining about things getting blown over the walls...From what I remember that was always the way they intended it.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Interesting note. My guildlings are telling me that deploying Frankenberry seems to make it more difficult to win a fight. I see no reason why he would affect anything, but since this morning, I've noticed I have to deploy way more troops than usual to win a fight. Curious.

Also, the bug where your chat messages appear to not post apparently wasn't fixed. Swiping out of the app and returning still makes them appear, though.

11. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

I've noticed a new feature. I swear when you looked at the leaderboard, you could not see much more than their layout before. But now I can touch any resource and see the level. Handy to know when you see a resource level you haven't seen before.

12. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I am still hoping some day they put the troop levels of the attacking force...getting your arse kicked by level 1 is a lot different than level 20 troops....

13. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

True that @Gristle I want to understand what attacked me. Helps me understand what I need to strive for sometimes.

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yeah, I could do this on my guild members towns before the update, but not other people. I think that latter part is what was changed.

15. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I've noticed the replays are still buggy, had one that featured 50 seconds of troops jumping up and down. I've attacked about 30 times today and haven't seen any stuck units. I think I saw some go through walls but it was pretty close to being destroyed anyways so I'm not 100%, I haven't seen any blatent wall jumping.

They have a list of everything they did in the announcements section. Most importantly CONNECTION STATUS PROGRESS LOADING BAR!

I also really want to see the level of units that attack me. Most importantly a village edit mode. I don't even want to redo my base anymore because it takes to long to clear everything out and replace.

16. I think this update is great. The Halloween motif is artistic and funny. The fixed bugs are welcome. The interface cleanup surprised me because I didn't notice a problem; now I'm wonder how I could stand using it before. :)

The Frankbrutenstein is a funny solution to the "defense has the advantage" faux-problem.

The game's moving forward in interesting ways. I cannot wait for Christmas.

17. daraghward

daraghward Powder Monkey

The update's great and all, but I'm adding a +1 to @Kelani's disappointment at losing the camera mode replays.
    @Chris [Midoki] - please bring this back - it's an awesome feature - I loved being able to watch all my most heroic replays in cinematic 3D !!

Kelani likes this.
  18. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

Huge disappointment for me...haven't noticed any change in pirate IQ and redesigning your island is just as painful as before...a big " come on man" from me anyway. Sorry for being so negative obviously was hoping for bigger and better things!

19. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

So basically Appy ain't happy. Worse would be an unhappy Appy scrappy pappy getting catty with some laffy taffy.

20. Hong Kong Hunter

Hong Kong Hunter Powder Monkey

Overall a nice update. I won't repeat what most have said here already, just that I had hoped they would make traps (mines) permanent structures and that we could easily re-arm (or re-arm all).

All the little interface things are nice: Game loading progress bar, map exploration percentage, tapping on other users structures shows what level they are...