The new update what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Fish Eyed Pirate, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Jugs are still getting stuck, replays still inaccurate. Redesigning still a pain. Meh. No real improvement on the bugs. Just added a bat infestation. Hoping they'll eat the bugs?

2. Don't forget about a ghost wandering your island, my crew is scared to death. They wouldn't sleep thinking the ghost was under their bed.. I blame @Chris [Midoki] !

3. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I think we should give the devs some time. We can't compare with CoC or any other games that has been around for years, of course they are almost bug-free and have lots of features.
    Give it some time to grow and we will have all the new features we all want.

4. AnnabelleLechter

AnnabelleLechter Powder Monkey

Yeah, I'm not really feeling the bats. Is there an achievement or something? That's the hardest menu to read.
    I do like the ghost.

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

The bats you need to defeat are in your exploration map @AnnabelleLechter - they're easy to spot and easy to defeat. I took one out with a single brute

6. AnnabelleLechter

Yes, I know. I just don't really get the point of the bats. Is there an achievement?

7. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

That exactly! People are running around and expecting they write a couple of words in a forum and complain that something is fixed and changed in a blink of an eye. Stay cool everyone.

For the other things:

• Adding an island edit mode is not something we can implement over night, that might take a little bit longer.
    • Replay issues are connected to what Chris already stated in another thread, they simply need more disk space in the servers and they needed to be ordered and installed, be patient! :)
    • Troops getting stuck or mortared over the walls is something we are currently looking into!

8. AnnabelleLechter

Yeah, sorry. I should really preface each post with I love Plunder Pirates! because honest to Jack, I do. It's so good.

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

So few here have typed code. From those of us that have, we understand and can mail you some coffee :) we appreciate the game and the attention to detail. We know how frustrating it is to put out a product and have bugs that seem to appear out of nowhere. You've put out a great game and should be proud.

roguecylon likes this.
  10. Bat

Bat Powder Monkey

Had a brute get stuck inside a gun tower today. Also, had a brute walk right through a wall. Didn't even get hit by a mortar or jump. Just took one hit at the wall and then proceeded to walk through it.

11. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Just saying I was expecting more bug fixes and improvements and less pumpkins.

12. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Yes, I should also preface all my comments by "I love the game". And we understand it takes time to work out the bugs. But we also understand the squeaky wheel gets the oil. So in self interest, we will continue to gripe in hopes our wants are addressed before those of others. Keep up the great work PP Devs!

Kelani likes this.
  13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

A few notes about this update..

Fixed spurious quest notifications
    Not sure what this addressed, but I still get random exclamation points on my Plunder icon when there's nothing to be claimed, except pirates.

Batch up exploration & Base object move commands so atomic
    Can someone translate that for me?

And most importantly: Has anyone seen a Witchy Squid yet? They must all be hanging out in L5+ ship areas, because nobody in my guild has seen one, even after completing the other three quests.

14. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I have yet to see the Witchy Squid, but we have all hands on deck with eyes open.

15. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

The updates are really nice. I just hope that the development team cut us some slack and provide an option for our destroyed mines to re-spawn before being attacked again and again while offline. I'm getting hammered like crazy now and my mine deployment helps cut down the enemy before they plunder me dry.

All we need is an option to purchase additional mines and have them placed into a resource pool so destroyed mines can be replaced by those inside the pool.

TiGeR

16. Bat

Bat Powder Monkey

I don't mind that some of the bugs weren't fixed; just don't like how they told us they were fixed in patch release notes.

17. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Some of the bugs they honestly thought were fixed from in-house testing. Keep in mind this is still a fledgling game and things like this can take time. Have faith that they will fix it and that they are listening to us.

18. EDouble2675

EDouble2675 Powder Monkey

The update gets a solid C.

The Pros: Notifications/New Pirate/New Quests
    The Cons: No Island Edit Mode/Still taking an hour to recruit a full squad <-- This is the most critical... Give us another tavern or at least a Voodoo tavern... something... "let me play more, not less!"