The number one thing this game needs

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by WhiteHotBeard, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I haven't had a problem keeping my builders busy, thats not the issue. For instance, I have nothing to spend gold on cuz I am waiting for my PH to upgrade. Im sitting on nearly 2,000,000 gold and just got hit for a little over 440,000 gold. Now if I was saving for an upgrade and that got stolen from me, it would be a big set back. With the idea of gem boosting a tavern for an hour or two, I would be able to stay logged on until I got my amount needed for an expensive upgrade and raid frequently.

Also, don't take this as if I am against gemming to instabuild troops, I am not. Each gem is only a penny, so its not that it is expensive. I am just saying that I enjoy the way it works in another game when it comes to speeding up troops build times.

One more thing, attacking in this game is fun, its not only to acquire gold/grog. Im not sure what kind of games are in arcades anymore, but take tetris for example. I would drop a quarter into the machine and it would take me as far as I could go until I failed. This game is more along the lines of one quarter for one raid. Not much of a deal there.

2. This is an excellent point.

3. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

Well this isn't tetris its a pvp based game with millions of users and if everyone can attack more often it will work against you not for you. Yes you'll attack more in turn gaining more loot but you'll also be getting attacked more and with the way the loot works, in my experience you'll be losing not gaining. 6 of 1 half a dozen of another. I just don't think decreasing build times will solve anything but make it worse...perhaps if there was loot penaltys for PH6&7 attacking lower PH it might work but more then likely not...think you guys are being greedy...

4. Burnz

Burnz Captain

You are right, this is definitely not tetris, it was just an analogy. Also, I'm pretty sure this game hasn't hit the "millions of players" mark yet.

You seem to miss the part where I said the raiding aspect is fun. Its not all about getting gold/grog. Getting attacked is a chance I am willing to take, in order to have fun raiding. For every attack against my base there is a good chance that I will get a shield as well, due to the way my base is set up.

I'm going to take your "build times" as meaning troop build times, not building build times, just so that there is no confusion, but I don't see how it can make anything worse. Sure, more people will be attacked, but thats why there are shields in this game. Loot penaltys can be saved for its own thread.

Seeing as how I have already pumped money into this system, I don't see how I am being greedy. I'm just looking for ways to improve the game, and boosting the tavern would be one way. Many people who come from clash whom are used to boosting their barracks, but don't insta-build troops would also most likely bring that habit into this game, thereby bringing more money into this game.

5. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

That makes no sense at all. When you get attacked you get a shield, when your online you can get more attacks in. People like me don't need to attack more I attack constantly. What is being suggested here is to help people without nerfing loot and turning this into a boring COC cloan. Faster training will help people who are struggling to get momentum. If speeding up troop training won't help you, certainly a loot nerf wont either. Some people will always be left behind, that's just how it is.

6. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

@donkeykilla - what's makes no sense is why a PH7 like you at 250 PR is able to take the same loot from PH4&5&6 as a PH4 u have 60+ pirates and he has 35 and your crying about army build times...maybe that because you don't know how to raid?!??! Maybe maxing out your ph5&6 would have benefitted you so you don't forget what it's like being ph5 and getting raided by PH7s....@burnz the best part about PP is its not COC...it's different lets keep it that way..
    Btw if you want to see where good raiding and not gemming gets you, you can find me in Sinister Souls
    And in COC The Severed Few
    Maybe seeing these bases will put things into perspective for you guys...patience is a virtue not a right to bad you couldn't buy some with your gems...

7. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Wow man you're an angry mofo. But your right I don't know how to raid, that's why I jumped each ph level. Or was it because at every level I finished my walls and jumped to next level so I didn't keep throwing gold overboard? But thanks for the advice. Keep upgrading those mines and distilleries. Good work.

8. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

Lmao gotta love your motto! "keep upgrading your mines" " good work" lol is that a joke man...pretty sure I'm a lot farther along then you are... Come on man there's really no good support behind decreasing army build times...come on "raiding is fun" WHAT?!?! For sure it is but really the #1 reason is loot the way the game is setup with - Loot available vs building build times/cost is pretty much perfect I just don't see a valid reason to let people raid faster...

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  9. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

That's my point, I don't believe you are farther along, I think your behind. I think sitting at a PH lvl waiting for the last few defenses to upgrade is a big mistake; especially when there is zero downside to upgrading early only upside. But I don't launch personal attacks on everybody who disagrees with me. I was offering a potential solution for lower PH players to get ahead and you got personal with your "you can't raid. Your greedy. Too bad you can't use your gems to buy patience." Because obviously the loot available vs build time isn't perfect or there wouldn't be so many people struggling and the devs wouldn't be considering changes. It doesn't make sense to me that shortened train time will make it more difficult. You don't agree. Fine. But your coming across as elitist by flaming all who disagree with you and attacking them personally.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  10. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Oh and I can't take credit for the saying, It's a quote from the great Bullet Tooth Tony. :cool:

11. John

John Powder Monkey

You can't complain as much about build time and needing loot til your ph 6 or 7. There all upgrades range from 1.4 mil gold to 3.4 mil for defenses, plus another 1.25 mil gold per wall (times a couple hundred). And crew upgrades for academy six are in the 2-4 mil range times 10 troop types. Being able to play more frequently helps ease the difficulty of staying online for a couple of attacks while saving up if you're in any kind of difficult trophy range. This will become an even larger problem when PP nerds loot available to ph 6s and 7s for attacking lower level halls. Right now people make progress on oh 7 by exploiting the trophy system. Once that is taken away progress will be near impossible with 2 hour training times, 25 percent of your loot available all the time to take and upgrades that take between 10 and 20 good raids to accumulate for (assuming you don't get attacked in between).

In games like clash of clans, for all its faults, you can farm quickly with a quick army of barbs and archers ( or buccs and gunners if you will). It's not a good enough army to win in high leagues, but you can stay online for thirty or so minutes, raid four times, and make a lil more than you will lose once you log off. Its a way to guarantee some little amount of progress which is required to keep the idea of "free to play" from being complete BS. If it takes an hour or two to train even a weak farming army, than you cant realistically assume that any person will stay online that entire time, and progress will become impossible without paying.

A nerf is coming, just like winter in game of thrones, and if we don't have some quicker spawn times, the zombies will freaking eat all of us man. But seriously, juggernauts get up to five minute training times, witch docs at almost half an hour.... Not good mate.

12. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

I don't get why people keep looking to CoC for answers. This is NOT CoC. Pressing skip 100 times before finding an inactive base is NOT fun. This game has a lot less players and a lot less are inactive. If I can't find a good loot filled base I drop rank and keep searching, take this away and it would force me out of the game. The cost to build my army goes up every few days with troop training in the academy and if I can't gather enough loot to move on the game is pointless. The ph 4-6 players get the advantages of cheap upgrades and quicker army builds, we all started low and most of us are doing fine as we hit ph7, so suck it up and keep plundering.

Bl00dBaTh and donkeykilla like this.
  13. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

It is strange to me that people play a pirate game called Plunder Pirates and don't wanna raid more often. I have zero desire to sit around and wait for my mines and distilleries fill. That's obviously not why I downloaded a pirate game.

14. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

I have no problems attacking once an hour as it lets me do other things then dedicate my life to a game. If I wanted that I would join the World of Warcraft.

15. Christy

Christy Commodore

The problem for me having to wait 30-40 minutes between attacks is the very second I log out I get attacked. So unless I gem pirate recruitment it's extremely hard to save my gold and grog. my defense is good but always someone with better offense that can get through it. And training takes A LOT of my grog so it's extremely important when I attack to at least get enough grog to make up what. I spent on recruitment :(

16. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Yep, that is what has been happening to me too. If you want to get to a large build (ship, lighthouse, etc...), you need to stay online constantly :\

17. Christy

Christy Commodore

Yes Gristle and I don't know many people that actually have that kind of time. I know I don't

18. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Another reason that shortening train time helps. When I'm online I wanna attack the entire session. This is why I believe it helps everyone but especially lower level players. If you can get in several attacks while your on, whether your using partial armies or full, you can at least get enough work in that logging off and losing 20% doesn't create the proverbial 2 steps forward 2 steps back situation many seem to be falling into. If nothing else the ability to have troops cooking while you search and attack would help a lot. I don't mind gemming my army if I need to but many cannot, and frankly it shouldn't be a requirement in a pirate game. We should be encouraged to rage more often IMO.

19. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yep this for sure, I can't believe they didn't have this to begin with really, I mean they surely looked at Clash when they created this game as its a near clone, so they must have known how annoying it was. This is the most annoying thing with this game for me, I'd love to change my base around but still haven't because I know it'll take me ages to move around haha, so I've just been putting it off for a while.
    30 mins I think isn't too bad, Barch in Clash is the quickest army at around 20min, 1 Dragon alone is 30 min, but a Gem boost for the Tavern would be a nice addition, as I always boost my 4 Barracks in Clash.

I APPY I likes this.
  20. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Sorry I forgot to say one other thing, I'd like to be able to queue up Pirates in the Tavern when it's full, in Clash I run my Barracks on gems & have troops queued up, I then search for a good base, by the time I come back my camps are full as they start filling as soon as I start searching, as long as you attack it will fill.
    I think people that would benefit from faster times are guys that have a bit of free time & like to raid for a solid hour or more, as it is I don't play this that way yet, I just log on every hour or so. If I have free time I've been using Gems to finish. So I think the wait time is fine at my current time of 35min but an option to boost Tavern would also be a good addition for some players.

I APPY I likes this.