The number one thing this game needs

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by WhiteHotBeard, Oct 29, 2014.

1. lokim

lokim Powder Monkey

Being able to boost your tavern would be amazing... Right now my full clan does not chat... At all... Any conversation has hours in between posts... I do not know what it is like in other clans, but i am not sitting online waiting for an hour in between troop builds...

I think this game is full of very semi active players, part of what makes loot very plentiful. While it makes loot plentiful, the social aspect of the game is severely lacking.

2. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

The guild chat is extremely clunky IMHO, doesn't work some of the time and there is no global chat. A lot of the more social guilds have their own message boards or other ways to communicate.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

We are pretty active in chat over here at AtariGeneration. And if you wan't to be apart of a chat group. I can send you a link to a GroupMe group that exists. it's not guild specific, just a place for people to chat and share pictures from the game and talk strategy.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Quite often I log in and the chat is already well beyond the 32 messages saved

5. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I like the CoC limited one gem boost specials. It would be great here to be able to boost tavern for a number of hours for 1 gem on a special offering. My recruitment time is over an hour and I'm still academy 5 cause of the stupid bp thing.

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

All of these needed features is why we created the Feature Request Master Lists. Let's work together and figure out what's really needed most, so we can get the most important features put at the top of the list, so the devs can know what to prioritize. How we do that is up to someone else. I came up with the list idea and made one. Someone else needs to do some work around here :p

7. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

The thing this game needs MOST is new content and lots of it. My guild is becoming inactive because of the number of maxed members. By March most people in the guild will be 100% maxed.

donkeykilla and Kelani like this.
  8. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Yep. The game is dying while we wait for something to happen. I'm afraid one batch of new content isn't gonna do it. Hopefully there are plans for back to back updates with solid amounts of new content otherwise were gonna be right here again in no time. I've been fully maxed for 3 weeks and I'm starting to miss the game less and less. Hope something happens soon or I'm more than likely done.

Ashraman likes this.
  9. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I have been maxed for over a month now. I have found things to do to keep me motivated, but agree new content would be welcomed. I have no plans to leave the game anytime soon. I am enjoying other pursuits related to the game.

10. Typhon

Typhon Powder Monkey

I downloaded this game a few days ago and I absolutely love it! The graphics and gameplay are fantastic, I don't wan't to put it down! Unfortunately though I have to, for 22 minutes whilst my troops train and I am only PH4. This is the one downside I've found in an otherwise fantastic game but unfortunately for me it is a pretty big downside. I don't have time during my day to log in and out and raid - I don't even have an apple phone. I like to play in the evenings but it's frustrating having to logout and getting raided in the meantime or keeping myself logged in with nothing to do. I know you can gem troops but just like on clash it's too expensive. Boosting barracks for 10 gems each for 2 hours is much more reasonable. Even at TH9, because you can queue troops it means you can raid non-stop for 2 hours for 40 gems with a standard giant+barch army.

The only money SuperCell have ever got from me is for the builders huts and for boosting and 99% of the clanmates I've had are the same. Midoki will only get the 1200 gems I bought for the huts and will miss out on those gems they could get from boosting. I think it makes business sense for them to introduce this feature, the income they'll get from regular players wanting a quick boost is greater than the loss from the odd "high roller" who will switch to boosting instead of gemming. If they introduced the 4x feature but still had no facility to queue troops then for the 0.001% of players for whom money is meaningless, it won't stop them from gemming their troops instantly anyway.

For what it's worth, I would probably boost 3 or 4 times as often on clash if it was 5 gems for 1 hour rather than 10 gems for 2. Two hours is too long for me.

11. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

I support Typhon's proposal 100%. As a long-time CoC player, it's puzzling to me that this feature hasn't already been implemented since it equals extra cash for Midoki. It would also take the wind out of the sails of those demanding a looting nerf to protect lower level Pirate Halls, a change that would make the game much less enjoyable.

12. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

The two games are very different in some ways, Clash sucks Gems out of you in every possible way, it's way more Gem hungry. Here in PP the main use for Gems is boosting troops (apart from LB players finishing every building they have straight away). You don't seem to understand how long €10 of Gems will last you when used just for Gemming troops, a long time, especially when you use the 4 min trick. We already get a 45% drop in time with lvl3 PC.

Kelani likes this.
  13. Typhon

Typhon Powder Monkey

I've never used gems for anything other than boosting on Clash of Clans - if you know how to farm and have patience you don't really need to. 10-20 gems for 2 hours is definitely cheaper than instantly finishing them for 2 hours on here. Just do the maths.

14. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea its not hard to see that it's more expensive to finish troops with gems after each attack here (though half the cost with 4min trick) rather than boost the whole tavern like on Clash, but you have to remember this game is so different to clash with the way you can spend gems, really the only thing other than finish a building or buying gold/grog is boosting troops. Clash you can boost barracks, boost spells, finish troops/spells straight away, boost collectors, instant Castle request & a few other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. Clash is 10 times more gem heavy, I spent more in two weeks on Clash than I've spent here in months. My point is, finishing troops is the main reason most people buy gems here, add a simple boost to the Tavern and they'll be selling sod all gems, meaning less money for them, meaning far less work put into the game.

15. Typhon

Typhon Powder Monkey

Well my counter point to that is in my original post in the thread:

Because there is no facility to queue troops in PP as there is in Clash, there would still be a wait time, just reduced by 4x. And the kind of person that spends a fortune to max their base and is used to instant troops is still going to gem their troops. Whereas those of us who don't want to spend large quantities of money on a game on their phone/tablet (which is a larger number of people), will be more inclined to buy gems to boost. A large proportion of the people playing this game will have come from Clash and feel like boosting is a reasonable amount to spend but instantly gemming troops isn't, so won't do it.

16. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

Although not an offical feature if you want to speed up recruitment by spending no more than 10 gems you can add x number of pirates until the gem count is at 10 and instant recruit only them then add the remaining pirates to recruit at normal speed. Let's say 10 gems gets you half your pirates instant recruited then you have sped your recruitment time up twice as fast.... Obviously this will vary based on pirate/slots and I'll let you do the math on whatever combination works best for you for 10 gems.

17. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

It's much better to do 1 Gem for 4 minutes (1min Gem trick), after that the Gems increase, it's 2 Gems for 6 minutes & so on. I can do most of my full crew for 10 Gems that way, especially with lvl3 PC.

Kelani likes this.
  18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I think @Arr posted a very nice graph showing just how many gems you save by doing the 4-minute trick versus buying the troops in larger batches. It's a little bit more work, but a very nice savings. Well worth it, if you're on a budget :)

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  19. Arr

Arr Captain

Gem fun!
    http://forum.plunderpirates.com/ind...ruitment-training-and-exploration-tasks.4864/

Scheherazade and Kelani like this.