The Stackers Wall of Shame; post photos of stackers here

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by TBird, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That's a great tip there, Floki.

2. Floki

Floki Captain

Was caught once shame on them caught again shame on me...It seems the first thing to hide.

3. Strike

Strike Crew

Still no answer from Midoki what they are doing about the cheaters....lame Midoki...Laaaaaaaaaame
    Came across one more today...there are many at the top ...So come on Midoki and put those bastards down....before you loose ALL your credibility

Christy likes this.
  4. TBird

TBird Captain

Guy in my guild found this one @Lynsey [Midoki] , name is Ice, tons of stacking in the ship.
    [​IMG]

Christy likes this.
  5. TBird

TBird Captain

And I bumped into the one @Lynsey [Midoki] ....
    They are not learning or stopping, hope the update has a base destruct built in to it to blow up these bases.
    [​IMG]

Super-Nor, Becker Redbeard and Kelani like this.
  6. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

There are too many stacked bases for individual employees at Midoki to find. If a base gets rearranged with a puddle by PH, it's prob not that punitive to the offender... After all the stacked bases are advancing PR with every lost attack by an honest player. The update has to make it impossible to keep a stacked base, total smoldering destruction sounds good with forced rearrangement on rebuilding. I understand no banning as there are so many offenders, so many languages, and it is Midoki's bug. Stacking is not ethical gameplay, but these players did not hack the app, just exploited the bug. Also, stacking can be done accidentally (see Green's "my bad" above) I viewed a stacked base on the ranking list, when I returned my grog collector was stacked in the middle of my island! Thus I've not posted any stackers, the problem is too vast to solve one at a time. Understandably those who are working to push their PR are frustrated, you just have to wait.

Floki and Kelani like this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

-start rant

This is a general rant, not directed at anyone specific in this thread. Just to the people who keep acting like Midoki is sitting in their offices with their thumbs up their as...er...arses doing nothing. If you read the other topics on this, you will find MANY posts from devs on this subject, and you will learn the following.

They are dealing with stacked bases. There are thousands of them. Midoki has maybe 2-5 people available to reset these bases (during their free time, too, I bet)

Many bases have already been reset. More are being reset daily. In a bit of poetic justice, the reset may involve their collectors and storages being conveniently placed FAR out of reach of their defenses. This reset may even have to be done manually( i.e. dragging each item) for each base. Who knows?
    Their owners have been notified to cut it out --notified more than once, for repeat offenders.
    Bans have been issued. Longer bans for ignoring the first warning message and for re-stacking their base. That means bases are being re-checked, and dealt with.

The point is, it's being dealt with, and it is a process. This ridiculous expectation that 2-5 people can magically make a problem affecting 5+ million players vanish overnight (or even in a few weeks) is just stupid.

Put another way: I have 5 million haystacks. I've hidden 20,000 (or more) needles in them. Go find them all, and report back by tomorrow. To help you out, a few people will send you pictures showing you where a few hundred of those needles are. That should be enough. It'd better be, because anything else is unacceptable. If I don't see 20,000 needles in this box, I'm going to complain at you nonstop until I do.

Seriously, that's what some of you sound like.

So, should Midoki spend all their time resetting bases, many of which will be promptly re-stacked? No! They should fix the problem allowing people to stack. That Midoki has taken any time at all to reset bases, when there are way more pressing concerns (getting the update out) shows that they are trying to mitigate the problem and keep people happy in the short term. The problem will be fixed with the update. They could have promised all would be well and not reset any bases, and that would have been an acceptable course of action. They did way more than they had to, and people need to realize that. And appreciate it, even.

Think of this upcoming update as one big-ass neodymium magnet that will snatch all 20,000 needles at once. That's what we need. And if fixing the problem (and the other recently discovered exploitable bugs) means delaying the update for a few weeks, then they damn well made the right call. One thing's certain: if they'd rushed the update and left any of those exploitable bugs unfixed, all the same people constantly bitching about stacked bases would be promptly back in here bitching about that bug within the hour.

-end rant.

8. Bryno

Bryno Crew

Ok ditto. What he said. I love this game. Cheaters aren't winners. They cheat. Soooo what. I Don't:eek::D

Floki and Rachael like this.
  9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

As Kelani mentioned, we've said a couple of times how we're dealing with stackers.

First offences get their bases rearranged and a warning.

Second offences get their bases rearranged and a ban.

Third offences get their bases rearranged, their pirate rank dropped and are banned until the update comes out.

We're actually seeing comparatively few re-offenders - most of the stacking we're seeing are new offenders. Part of the issue is that our tools detect stacking, so if stackers have unstacked (because they've been shielded), then they don't get detected, because they're no longer stacking. There's also the issue of 'accidental' stackers, who have had overlaps caused by viewing a stacker's base.

We've eliminated both the stacking and repeat army exploits with the forthcoming update, touch wood, so hopefully we'll see a return to normality.

# Johnny Doe #, Bear, Rachael and 4 others like this.
  10. Bryno

Bryno Crew

The eye of Sauron has spoken and I for one like it.

Christy and Rachael like this.
  11. Becker Redbeard

Sounds clear. As someone stated in an unrelated thread, age/maturity breeds patience. The update will come, but not too soon please, I have a few more walls to upgrade!

Rachael and Kelani like this.
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Are you calling me old? :p

Floki and Rachael like this.
  13. Becker Redbeard

Well, it is here, but clearly I hold no sway as I still had a dozen walls to bone up. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, "May this thread die a horrible death."

14. How the hell does this even happen? Are they hacking the app to do this?

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well, it doesn't happen anymore.

Not hacking, though. Just exploiting a glitch.

Christy likes this.
  16. Jun

Jun First Mate

Btw, this base was most likely accidental stacking. I would've hoped you had learned to recognize purposeful vs accidental stacking before posting someone's base on this thread.