***THE ULTIMATE FARMER’S GUIDE (HQ1 – HQ6 in 2 weeks)*** for Plunder Pirates [TUTORIAL] 11/28/2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pop, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Pop

Pop Powder Monkey

***THE ULTIMATE FARMER’S GUIDE (HQ 1 – HQ6 in 2 weeks)*** for Plunder Pirates [TUTORIAL] (Updated 11/26/2014)

Welcome, I’ll be quick and concise in this guide. I’m an expert at CoC and found a lack of guides on here to be aggravating. I picked up this game about a week ago and dropped $40 on it. Now I’m HQ 5 (upgrade to HQ6 in progress) with most buildings fully maxed / maxed walls / maxed CORE units. I farm EXTREMELY efficiently and you should as well. Hope this guide helps. GAME RELEASE 1.3.3.

**** I WILL RELEASE A MORE REVISED AND BIGGER VERSION THIS WEEKEND ****

RESOURCE BREAKDOWN:

GOLD – Basic TYPE 1 currency (obtainable in raids, exploration, etc…). Use this resource for upgrades.

GOUG – Basic TYPE 2 currency (obtainable in raids, exploration, etc…). Use this resource for upgrades.

GEMS – game’s most valuable resource. USE THEM ONLY for instant armies /clearing up a builder for starting another building before you hit the bed. All other uses are a waste, unless tavern boosts become available. If you need to quick build anything – it should be the actual ship (as you cannot attack while it’s being upgraded).

BP – STATIC REWARD currency. Obtainable ONLY if you 1-3 STAR a base (or beat a big fish). NEVER USE THEM FOR ANYTHING (including guild boost and stuff) EXCEPT FOR THE ACADEMY UPGRADES (you’ll need 20k at one point).

EP – STATIC REWARD currency. Obtainable ONLY if you explore. NEVER USE THEM FOR ANYTHING (including guild boost and stuff) EXCEPT FOR THE LIGHTHOUSE UPGRADES.

BUILDING BREAKDOWN (Stars [*] indicate build priority, based out of 5):

Builder’s Hut ***** – You’ll want to UNLOCK all of the builders, 4 at the time of writing. Reason should be very clear – allows you to progress MUCH faster.

Grog Distillery * - Substitutes well as extra wall coverage, useless for all else. Try to avoid ever upgrading these buildings, unless you have nothing else left to do. Obtaining free resources is nice, but doesn’t compare to farming with an army.

Gold Mine * - Substitutes well as extra wall coverage, useless for all else. Try to avoid ever upgrading these buildings, unless you have nothing else left to do. Obtaining free resources is nice, but doesn’t compare to farming with an army.

Grog Storage ***** - Prioritize this always. Always you to accumulate more resources. Great for stockpiling and all related activities, not to mention affording more expensive upgrades.

Gold Storage ***** - Prioritize this always. Always you to accumulate more resources. Great for stockpiling and all related activities, not to mention affording more expensive upgrades.

Tavern ***** - Upgrade this building immediately after building the outhouse. Always you to stock more troops per battle.

Outhouse ***** - Allows you to unlock higher level taverns (your army size is paramount in farming and trophy gain)

Lighthouse *** - I prefer having a lighthouse upgraded when I can. It’s nice to sail to the outskirts of the map.

Voodoo Hut * - All the units contained within are inferior to the standard troops. Unless you’re attacking RANK 1 bases – you won’t need them ever. Witch Doctor and Healer are great for strong armies.

Academy **** - Upgrading this structure when you can, will do wonders. You’ll need BP to upgrade it, however, so begin farming it early. Keeping your armies upgraded is just as important as having more slots available for them (tavern).

Guild Hall * - Cannot stand anything related to the perks besides the blacksmith. The perks usually require BP or EP to ‘contribute’. What a rip off. Save your money elsewhere.

Blacksmith ***** - damage perk is always amazing, and cheap to contribute (its gold)

Stonemason / Observatory / Pirate Catcher * – I never built them. You should though in case your guild has/able contributed to it. The perks usually require BP or EP to ‘contribute’, PASS.

Cannon - *** - Generally nice to have around. Basic single target DPS tower (longer range than gun tower).

Gun Tower *** - Generally nice to have around. Basic multi-target DPS tower (shorter range than cannon).

Wall ** - If you need to blow GOLD – this is the spot. Upgrade it when you like. Walls won’t matter unless you’re pushing.

Mortar ***** - First defense building I upgrade (when I get around to upgrading the defensive structures)

Mine / Mystic Mine ***** - Costs nothing to build, instant too. Just get them build and over with.

Bunker *** - Good straight line DPS. Build them when they become available. Position them near the center of your base for maximum efficiency (they are easily countered if left on the outskirts of the base).

Mystic Mortar **** - If you got the resources, grab it. I’d rather save the BP for the academy. Generally you’ll be farming most of the game, so getting attacked shouldn’t be a big deal.

Ground Pounder ***** - If you got the resources, grab it. Best defensive structure in the game.

UNIT BREAKDOWN: (Stars [*] indicate upgrade priority / usage, based out of 5):

Buccaneer **** - Barb replacement from CoC. Great for the cost. Has a rage effect for its BERSERK ability. Very useful for accelerating them to another spot on the map / avoiding mortar fire, not to mention added DPS.

Gunner *GODLIKE* - Best unit in the game, hands down. Amazing DPS, cheap cost, insanely great BERSERK ability – a true STAPLE for farming / pushing.

Brute ***** - I love the brutes since they dive for DEFENSE towers first, unlike the JUGG. Best used in combination with BUCCANEER / GUNNER.

Thief * - Where do I begin? Goblin ripoff without the 2x DPS to resource buildings. Generally weaker than the buccaneer, what a shame. Stealth ability is MEH.

Sky Raider * - Awful, just awful. Horrendous pathing (literally he’ll fly right across the map and land in the sea, YARRR!) and melee combat range when dismounted (why he’d put away his guns upon landing – I have no idea).

Bomber * - This unit does an amazing job at pissing off your average player. Attacks like a gunner on the 1st building, then once it selects the next target he’ll just dive right into the structure as though he’s on a kamikaze mission. Avoid at all costs. No HP either on the unit, literally dissipates when he runs into structures.

Juggernaut ***** - Just as delicious as the BRUTE. Disarms traps (quickly), tanky, good attack damage, and great off abilities. Use them along with BRUTES and GUNNERS. Targets ALL building, opposed to DEF like the brute.

Heavy Gunner **** - I haven’t sampled him yet – but he looks good…..so 4/5 for appearance.

Witch Doctor *** - Great for when you actually have a strong army. Provides protection and resurrection to the army – very handy.

Skellywag * - Basic buccaneer rip-off at 10x the price. Sure he’s stronger but you shouldn’t be using a lot of melee for farming anyways.

Priestess * - Haven’t heard good things about her. Needs a buff, badly.

GENERAL FARMING INFORMATION

Basically you’re going to be farming most of the game, so your army composition should represent a good cost-benefit ratio. My farming army is as follows (at 50 STOCK): 3 JUGGS, 2 BRUTES, rest GUNNERS. Send the tanks in first (JUGG -> BRUTE, this is to disable any pesky traps), soak up the mortar and gun tower fire, then send in the GUNNERS.

You’ll want to prioritize a few things as well before you journey into the depths……BP….you will need BP as the game progresses. Easiest way to farm this, is to attack very weak bases as you ‘farm’. How do you ask? Easy, drop to 0 RANK (you should hover in there til HQ 6), and rain on lvl1 noobs. You obtain 20 BP for 3 STAR destructions. Repeat this as necessary while your army is queuing (using like 5 gunners will suffice generally).

FARMING 101

You’ll want to MINIMIZE the UNITS used and MAXIMIZE the loot gained. I hovered around 0 RANK for my entire farming career. Look for bases with 100,000+ RESOURCES in each and target outside collectors / storage units to farm up gold/grog. Rarely should you blow an entire army on a base, unless it has 300,000 – 400,000 RESOURCES in either gold / grog. The more spaces for troops you have, the easier farming gets.

BRUTES[JUGG] / GUNNERS COMBO – this combination is amazing for farming. Without boosting / gemming armies, I can pull in about 1,000,000 GOLD and/or GROG in 1 hour of farming. Send in the tanks first to attract fire and release the gunners when the mortar towers are distracted. Use the gunners ability to take down defensive turrets that pose a risk to the gunners.

**** TO BE CONTINUED 11/31/2014 ****

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

I will finish your guide for you....

And then you become PH 7 and try attacking 1 and get rofl stomped, because you have no idea how to penetrate max defenses, because you have been attacking rank 1 noobs / abandoned bases the whole game.

But yeah pretty much 90% of the people that use this forum realize you can gank noobs that have abandoned their bases for the resources.

And Heavey Gunners are terrible, even more so fully upgraded because they cost more, bake times higher, and they still suck.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  3. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

So play the game exactly the way COC is played? No thanks. I would just go back and play SS and COC if I wanted to snipe loot off weak bases for months and months. I have nearly maxed my base in 2 months and I never hovered around 0. As far as Bombers are concerned you couldn't be more wrong. They are this games version of a wall breaker and are an integral part of the game once you start to attack tough bases with real walls. The big difference is they also work as an attacking unit and take real skill to be used effectively.
    All in all a pretty good guide. Just kinda overlooked the fact that what many of us are looking for here is something different, not a clone of games like COC.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  4. Landon

Landon First Mate

I played coc and this is the exact way in how I'm getting my base built from ph1-7. Don't forget, that this game was derived from the theme of coc. With a little variation. The strategy of farming still stays the same.

5. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Good basic guide for noobs. Your gold and grog producers have many benefits, that you will learn as you advance.

6. Pop

Pop Powder Monkey

This guide is meant to reduce your downtime and farm quickly so you don't hover in 0 forever. Most resource bases are rank 0, why?, because they're farming the same thing - BP. Until the mechanics in the game change, this will not.

And no, you don't farm lvl 1 noobs for resources ever, just BP, as I've clearly stated. I will post some pictures this weekend of bases that you should target for farming gold/grog.

Perhaps Ill smash a couple of HQ 6-7 for you, using my farming strat. I used ONLY archers to achieve a high rank in CoC, so you don't necessarily need to penetrate a base to win. 50% wipe are the safest ways of boosting your rank.

7. Pop

Pop Powder Monkey

Once I have time to upgrade them, I'll let you know. They're all level 2 still.

8. SaK

SaK First Mate

I am assuming from your post that u are not yet well upgraded and well experienced with the troops and the gameplay. Basically u have never attacked any ph7 or HIghly upgraded PH6. Through the whole PP gaming u were attacking low level PH. So, before sharing your experience with others, gain some experience worthy of giving. dont be angry, im not getting rude here. you have done a good job and put lots of time to write and present the post but basically about some troops like bombers and skyraiders you have given an idea that seems that they are not well upgraded in your case. My suggestion to u would be play the game for a bit more months,upgrade ur troops to a certain level, understand the gameplay, know the pros and cons of ur troops and without comparing PP to COC present your views!!!

we are not here to play COC...we dont wanna have the same frustrated experience of COC here as well.

having said that...good luck to u and keep plundering

9. Pop

Pop Powder Monkey

The guide is for Farming, and based around that concept. Not pushing. It's literally in the title of the thread you've seemed to have missed.

10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

@Pop - the guide is well thought out and written for a farming player, but be sure to later add design ideas for farming islands. Afterall, a farming setup is no good if all the resources are left unprotected. Many will disagree with you, but every player has the right to play in their own way. Kudos to you for taking time to put this guide together for like-minded players.
    Myself? I'm a hybrid player. I take my time with these games from start to finish because I know I'll learn more about the mechanics of the game that way. I upgrade everything before advancing to the next level and I constantly tweak my home base layout to make sure I get a shield and lose little resources.

One tweak to your guide - be sure to remind players to look at troop cost before farming another island. That's a tip that's very simple, but often overlooked.

Happy hunting!

Bear likes this.
  11. Pop

Pop Powder Monkey

I havent been able to sit down and make a layout. I'm awaiting my HQ to hit 6, then I'll design something nice for hybrid players.
    I guess I overlook that too, but compared to CoC, these units are generally cheaper to produce so I don't mind the grog requirements. But for low level HQ, it should always be considered.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  12. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

Good guide for the farmers out there. :)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  13. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

@Pop come back in three months and review your thread. I expect you will have a lot of edits

Btw, no army is complete without bombers and juggs added. Ymmv.
    and the best way to get BP has nothing to do with farming.

14. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

15. Fish? :D
    @Gangrene Beard You said it right man! All those people hating on the guy for no reason..
    For farming low levels I wouldn't use juggernauts or bombers, just brutes and gunners. I mean level 1-3 walls are a joke for my brutes.
    And don't get me wrong, usually i'm an all jugg kinda guy (and bombers). But those aren't needed until say ending fase of PH 5-PH 6.

I would advise to upgrade them till some point, but they really become handy in the upper ranks, but that is not being discussed.

@Pop Keep it up buddy, please do look at making a simple and effective design for a farming base Ph 5 and PH 6. That would come in handy for the beginners.

Gangrene Beard and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  16. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Nice enough guide, well done. The only thing I don't like is your description of some pirates, Bombers especially, you say "avoid at all costs", I wouldn't attack without them, they're actually pretty predictable once you get used to them. I know this is a farming guide so I forgive you haha, but maybe put in that they're essential from PH6 on. Flying troops are also not useless, it seems like you don't know about the wind direction before setting them off, once you've used them a few times it's easy to glide them inside walls of smaller base layouts.

QueenCandy likes this.
  17. SaK

SaK First Mate

I didn't even mention about pushing either... Just told you to have more experience in this game... Happy plundering

18. SaK

SaK First Mate

We are here trying to lead a man to the right path... Not even doing any hatred or blaming him...

He has done a great job, just without having a good experience... Im sure he will do great when he will become a player of two months... That's all i wanted to say!

@Pop it's up to you man... Which advice you wanna take...

Captain Monkey and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  19. Farming BP by crushing baby bases with 3 buccs is the most boring thing in the world.

Captain Harlock and SaK like this.
  20. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

What is pushing