The Uninhibited Pirates Guide to Streaking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ll DarkZero ll, Nov 29, 2015.

1. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I've found the best way to *protect* loot is to drop to rank 1 and leave your PH out.

2. Momo1

Momo1 Powder Monkey

But it is not just the loot is it. People who spend time and real money trying to level up are being hit badly on the level bit. For something which is so time management ...this is bad. Nice for those at the top. Awful for the newer player.

3. John56

John56 First Mate

Not entirely sure what your complaint is; higher Ph levels will only see islands up to 2 levels below them, and this method express seeks out exposed PH's to "snipe" with a minimum number of troops. if anything, this helps lower level players. Therefore, a sniper gives you a cheap shield, in that they did not take your resources.
    You should welcome a visit by a sniper; when I streak I go for 3-stars on every base I hit, so say goodbye to your hard-earned loot...

Cap'n Greenbeard and awbo like this.
  4. :rolleyes:The game is called Plunder Pirates after all, sorta self explanatory in oh so many ways!

5. Momo1

Momo1 Powder Monkey

Sure .. but there are fair means and foul. So many abandoned bases and no one puting money into the game. Enjoy because the population will get very limited.

Cap'n Greenbeard likes this.
  6. Skye

Skye Commodore

I've found that a lot of lower strength PHs are actually getting pushed up to higher ranks as more people farm them, so I'm not too sure how important dropping rank to 1 is anymore.

PH 1-6 cannot be found by a PH9. With PH10 coming, we won't be able to find PH7 anymore either. Thats plenty of time for newer players to get into the game and upgrade to a fairly decent level.

Also, the entire point advocated by this guide will HELP these newer players. People will take the PH, leaving the defender with a very minimal PR loss and a free 12 hour shield, while leaving their loot untouched most of the time. This makes it EASIER for new players to upgrade, because they just leave their PH out, and people that would have otherwise levelled them and taken all their loot are leaving it untouched.

We were ALWAYS dropping ranks to farm loot from weak players, even back when the cap was PH7 a year ago. Now weak players are LESS likely to get farmed, because (lets say half) of the people attacking only want that 1* win, and if they comply with the exposed PH strategy, someone else that actually is looking for loot won't be able to attack them for 12 more hours. Now half of those defenses they would have been losing 25% of their loot to are losing zero loot.

bucket likes this.
  7. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Did you actually read the original post or? If you are to a level that you are actually dropping any meaningful rank to streak, you won't be battling a newer player.

8. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

New chest names for streaking. Hopefully contents are the same or better.

9. I did your method of streaking without spending gems the day before the Christmas update, and I only got a buff for the initial start of the rumble. Every other time I pressed continue streak, it took me right back into battle selection. I also didn't get any chests for getting 5 victories.

10. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I guarantee you didn't.

11. I guarantee I did mate.

In your defence server maintenance happened between one of the raids, but I still had the "continue streak" option and I did not receive any perks from the raids before that.

12. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

The fact that you have a "continue streak" option and are complaining of wins not counting confirms that you aren't doing it right.

13. If you stop playing after a win for any reason (including forced break due to maintenance) that isn't on a chest award number, your last win is turned into a loss. Doesn't matter if it wasn't your choice to stop. Not fair but its how the system works.

14. Bathplug

Bathplug Powder Monkey

Is this since the latest update?

Before I could attack then re recruit and without spending gems just let the game time out and close the game then come back to the game to continue the streak once the pirates finished recruiting.

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Since November 12th, it's in the server update notes for the Halloween update (2.2).

16. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Exactly? Then what are you talking about?

17. Did you not read the developer above you's post? You can't do it anymore, this needs to be addressed by the op so people like me don't waste their time jumping through hoops to not achieve anything.

Basically c00ny if you read the patch notes you will see they 'fixed' it so if you time out on anything except during a chest rewarded raid, it counts as a loss. Because according to midoki, anything that avoids mandatory gem spending is 'exploitation'. Who are the real pirates?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  18. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Even I'm having trouble understand what you're getting at here.

19. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

My best guess is you're doing raids and technically "winning" however if you lose connection during the battle more often than not the battle will actually be a loss. I've encountered this several times when I step out in my backyard to smoke I lose connection however I still "win" the battle but it will count as a loss. I can continue the streak but the win doesn't count and I don't have to train anything.

The delay between you actually losing connection and what you see in the game is up to 3 minutes.