troop lvl, composition & pvp battles...

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by z1ggur4t, Sep 26, 2014.

1. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

I have PH 4, Tavern 5, the Voodoo Hut lvl 1, Guild Hall 2 & Blacksmith 1. My troops are Bucc & Gunner 7, brute 4 & thief is lvl 1. Healer (witch doctor) is lvl 1.

Trouble is I'm really s**t at pvp battles. I've fiddled about with different troop combos and dropped 100 odd points trying different things in battle (swamping with all gunners etc) but haven't cracked a decent combo or strategy.

Anyone care to share their troop load outs, combos and strategies for pvp battles? I'm all ears...

2. Ayrton Ali

Ayrton Ali Powder Monkey

How many points are you on and how hugh did you reach?

I haven't got the voodoo hut yet but recently upgraded tavern and have 35 troop capacity.

I'm by no means an expert and have been experimenting a great deal with different combos. I've currently settled on 3 Brutes, 8 Buccs and 15 gunners. This seems to do well for me against carefully selected targets.

3. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

I had a great sucess with all buccaneers (I am Ph 4) and Bief Strategy (Thiefs and Buccaneers).

4. Razor

Razor Crew

I use all gunners, although I use it for farming

5. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

Currently at ph4 using 4 brutes and 14 gunners I dunno I find it tough to find half decent loot usually around 10-20k of each but if I can find an island with the mortar exposed I can usually 2-3 star ...currently at 155trophys wish I could find more loot...anyone got some advice on where to find more loot or is that kinda loot the norm???

6. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

Around 200-300 have alot of Loot, I am Ph 4 and you get normally 30-60k Loot there.

7. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

Thnx mang so moral of the story up my trophys..sorry at that trophy range what army comp do u use and do have PH protected or setup for farming?

8. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

Ph Protected and using all Buccaneers @I APPY I :)

9. Im at level 227 currently, I usually get 20-30 k gold and likewise grog. (although I had this one guy whom I stole 127.000 gold and 58.000 grog from)
    I use 4 brutes dropping them as close as I can to the mortar then drop gunners in a straight line across the island to minimize casualties. When the defense is distracted I throw in another 5 thieves to plunder away.

10. I use a hybrid base, both PH and resources defended [​IMG]

11. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

I'm using 4 brutes, 19 buccs. Its a fast train and works quite well around 200-250. Getting plenty of loot (finally)

12. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

Cool base setup man!! Thnx for the input guys!

13. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

Hey donkey why u use Bucs? N not gunners I find the buccs clump up ...guns I can spread out and do decent damage

14. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

Can't seem to get all Bucs to work for me..lvl 8 i dunno...lol mortars just wreck me...any advice on strategy?

15. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

Another question anyone here got a voodoo thing yet? And what does it do for me is it worth the 425? Seems to me to be like a spell factory..

16. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

It is like a another Tavern.

17. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

It's actually more like another Academy, but this time for purveyors of magic

18. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

Good to know! Thanks guys! Can u train pirates in it or is strictly for research I see the tavern has the pirates little confused

19. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

You can train pirates in it.

20. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

You train the pirates in the Academy or the Voodoo Hut depending on their class, and then assemble your crew in the Tavern