Update coming soon with SkyRaider pirate ? Good or bad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .Lord M€G/\T|2ON., Nov 19, 2014.

?

Really need in game or just overkill on offense?

1. Really need

2. Overkill

3. Not liking them ☠

4. Liking them☠

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Now if these guys are being launched into a base from a slingshot, I could totally get behind that. It'd be a nice nod to Rovio :D

2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

My bet is you just drop them over water like they are coming from the ship. Wonder how long they stay in the air?

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Very good question. Since decorations (or lack thereof) can make a huge difference in base size, I'm thinking they'd almost have to be deployed above the base, or near a wall. If not, and they have a short glide ratio, someone could just build a huge island using decorations and extra walls to prevent them from landing inside the base.

4. TBird

TBird Captain

Exactly what I was thinking. Build a wide beach around the walls to keep them out. And flying monkeys!!!

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

I bet defenses are on a 2D plane. So even if the troop is in the air it registers the same as if it were on the ground and attack the same. But I hope the mortars don't hit them.

6. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I can't see how a Mortar could hit them, they're a splash damage weapon, it comes from the shell hitting the ground, all the others are direct fire.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  7. Yeah mortars out of the equation on a airborne troop i would say.

8. There are unrevealed in the shop so it's likely one of them IS a kind of sky defence. Other than that allow the gun towers to shoot ground and air. I do like the idea of a massive fan, sounds like it would make watching playback even more fun as these parachuting pirates end up landing way off course lol! But to stop them being too OP their ranged attacks as they drop would probably be less than a gunner or they only get 1 shot as they approach. It's unlikely that 1 troop type introduced would be such a massive game changer either.

Kelani and .Lord M€G/\T|2ON. like this.
  9. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

I can fly. I can fly

Salty Snack likes this.
  10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm gonna go on the record here and say this: If Midoki has been thorough enough that flying pirates can be affected by any of the following, I will seriously get the Midoki Bus tattooed on my chest.

1. Flying Pirates blown off course by the gold mine windmill
    2. Flying Pirates damaged by impact with said windmill, or other building
    3. Flying Pirates caught on fire by flying over one of the Lighthouses with an exposed flame.
    4. Flying Pirates splattered in midair if their trajectory intersects that of a mortar or ground pounder projectile.
    5. Flying Pirates can land in the big donut hole in the center of the Guild Hall, and have to fight their way out.
    6. Flying Pirates can land in the swamp below the Voodoo Hut and drown.
    7. Flying Pirates can be damaged by bouncing off the shark counterweights on the Blacksmith
    8. Flying Pirates can be swatted out of the sky by the Observatory's spinning telescope.
    9. Flying Pirates can be damaged by landing on the spiky armor of L9+ gold storages
    10. Flying Pirates can become tangled in the rigging of a player's ship.

pwrovryou likes this.
  11. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

I like that there will be a new unit that forces us to rethink our attacks and base designs. :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  12. Bear

Bear Commodore

I hope you get this tattoo. The windmill directing trajectory is awesome. Puts strategy in gold mine placement.

pwrovryou and Kelani like this.
  13. That would be a fun chess match in lay outs vs attacks.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    Bear likes this.
  14. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Clearly they will ride in on flying unicorns crapping rainbows and lollipops. The heads are already stuffed and mounted on the L8 tavern.

15. John

John Powder Monkey

I'm guessing theyll be too weak to be worth just massing all paratroopers and skipping the walls, it's more like surgical strikes to hopefully distract mortars and sleep mortars, or sniping the Ground pounder before a frontal assault with most other troops.

16. TBird

TBird Captain

Just tried them out... yes, weak, needs lots of upgrades to be worth it. And you can only recruit 8 max. So no testing with 60 of them :(
    Think it needs to be lvl 7 Rain of Fire before I can use it in an attack.
    Time to go looting for grog

17. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

I'm training mine now. Right now they die immediately on hitting the ground. One landed right next to the mortar (within distance to not get hit), and died in 1 second... Probably useless until Rain Of Fire skill is enabled.

18. As of now few have gemed it up to lvl 4 schooling going to 5 lol still lil overrated so guess may not be a big impact on game ,good thing too many offense tools not enuff good defense tool...e.g. Bunkers need boost

19. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Probably about as useful as a skellywag.

I view them as a disruptive force more than an attacking one. You deploy these to disrupt the defenses as your main force breaches the walls.

20. Cap'n Lachi

Cap'n Lachi Powder Monkey

I just deployed 8 to see what they would do. It's going to take some work to figure out how to land them. I couldn't see if they were taking damage in flight, but they did get eaten up upon landing... : ) More experimentation needed.