What defense to build first with ph8?

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by Red Hand of Doom, Feb 18, 2015.

1. I am partial to opposite side myself but I am not there yet(10 days is along time to wait:mad:) to try it out. I wish we had some feedback from people battling and defending that kind of setup, I guess we have to wait another week or two for more people to be at this stage in the game to start getting feedback, @Pantani give a try to both setup and share your finding?;)

2. Pantani

Pantani Powder Monkey

Will hoard 7.5m gold and encourage attacks to try them out - maxed out grog at farming levels doesn't seem to appeal to most pirates at the moment

3. J0ck0

J0ck0 First Mate

IMHO, doubled-up pounders is a waste. i had many a smart player attack my base and take out my single pounder with ease. a second wouldn't take much more effort. i have gone with staging my pounders on opposite sides of my base. i've added a couple of other tricks, but no one has attacked me at the lower levels yet (even with my storages full). i imagine it would be much more effective than doubled up since attackers now have to focus on two separate ends of the base rather then just one. time will tell.

Red Hand of Doom likes this.
  4. Landon

Landon First Mate

Don't forget the stonemason. It's +800 health on ALL your walls. A 4 day wait and a couple million gold is better than hundreds of millions of gold of building walls at the beginning of your builds.

Good luck ;)

J0ck0 and Red Hand of Doom like this.
  5. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Crossfire is the classic military strategy . Opposite is desired, just make sure fire overlaps. Too far apart looses the crossfire advantage.

6. Captain Crumbly

Captain Crumbly Powder Monkey

After doing GP, I did mortars , think they have more of an intimidation factor. Still waiting for someone to mount a proper attack after I redesigned base.

7. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

I got my Pirate Catcher 2 before I started my upgrade from PH7 to PH8.

Anyway I also need advise for which PH8 defense building to go for first. I will be dedicating 1 to 2 builders to get Stonemason 3, Pirate Catcher 3 and Training Ground.

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm assuming we're talking strictly defenses, as PC3, AC7, TG, VH4, GS4 should be done asap. SM3 can probably be put off until your bunkers and gp are maxed and your gun tower is to lv 9.

Lets analyze critical level differences:
    GT gains 1 range at 3/5/9 and an extra cannon at lv 7
    Bunker gains a TON of hp and damage at lv 2
    GP2 reduces the minimum range it can hit a target at by I believe 2 wall lengths, increasing its targetting area. While you can hit targets in places you otherwise couldn't, this also means that GP fire can be more easily distracted by a brute while the rest of your troops sneak by.
    MM3 adds .3sec stun time. This seems like very little, but they fire every 6 seconds. This means you're going from 2.5/6 seconds stunned to 2.8/6 seconds stunned. Each tenth of a second of stun time is more valuable than the last.

First, I'd build everything new to its lowest level. An extra building is always nice, and its extremely quick.

Knock out the first couple quick gun tower levels, maybe to lv 3 or 5.
    The extra min-range on GP2 can actually be detrimental if you haven't designed your base around it, so depending on how ready you are to start redesigning, bunker 2 is probably more useful.
    GP2 definitely is better than bunker 3.

My personal upgrade path was more or less as follows:
    fifth Gun Tower
    Second GP
    4th bunker
    2nd Flame gate
    gun tower to 5
    bunker to 2
    both GP to 2
    gun tower to 9
    bunker to 3
    both MM to 3
    gun towers to 10
    mortars
    flame gates to 2
    cannons
    mines

Red Hand of Doom and Smelly_Vile like this.
  9. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Thanks for the advise! :D