What do you think of the update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bjays92, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Armands

Armands Powder Monkey

Regarding Daily rewards.. haven't received Sunday's chest :( Today was again monday's reward

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

3. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I'm hoping that those will be coming in the next update!

4. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@Armands same thing happened to me and my husband, no marauder chest for Sunday reward!!!:( So why was Sunday skipped?:confused: Hmmm....

5. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

@Tiger Lilly because the game rewards were introduced and started on a Monday.

6. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Disregard, I saw you heard in the other thread ;)

7. Jackal

Jackal Crew

Soon I hope!

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Crew

You mean how does it inhibit using gems for streaking? It doesn't. But, a free player, that attacks/snipes, waits online for pirates to recruit, then does it again, to say 50 or 100, can be online for hours. I know, I've done it, repeatedly before I gave up on streaking. Now, I don't know what the timer is set for, and I won't be finding out, but I can tell you that when Clash implemented it, I got the autoboot several times a day, while legitimately playing (and also paying, a lot). There are other ways to stop cheaters or, you just make it so you can be attacked while you are online, then that does away with the "cheats"....... but that'd make sense......

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Crew

You can see my reply to @peg-brain bob for the reference, but basically they could have just made it so you can be attacked while online..... or any of several other ways to stop cheating. Oh well. Back to my new game.....

10. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Actually PB only bans you if you have not attacked for eight hours...

11. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

@Ultimate Sea Dog - Not quite correct... see @Lynsey [Midoki] 's response (in another thread):

Basically if you are online for more than 9 hours solid - you will be kicked out of game for a few mins.

12. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

For,what it is worth, I'm loving the Guild event. We really needed this. Rumbles is more/less a spenders win and is fine for anyone who can afford it.

Yeah, Midoki needs folks like this to keep us enjoying what PP offers. ;)

Now that Midoki is free of bird poop perhaps we can all enjoy (once again) the creative inthousam Midoki had during PP's initial release.

Yes @Lynsey [Midoki] and @Chris [Midoki] you both played a vital role here and I still dream of the creative talents you offered during the Holiday's :)

Welcome back and now let's ROCK THiS virtual world the way you intended it.

Tiger

13. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Great to see Tiger again.

Scarlet Fever and Ian like this.
  14. Ian

Ian Commodore

Scarlet Fever likes this.
  15. Codegator

Codegator Powder Monkey

The guild events were a terrible disappointment. I thought individuals would still get rewards as they worked the event, and that there would be some sort of guild-wide bonus at the end, based on how well the guild had done in the event - sort of like how rumbles work today. Instead, the events are now exclusively based on guild participation and the rewards are now inflated exponentially, on a logarithmic scale, such that the higher level rewards are virtually impossible for any but the very strongest, most dedicated guilds to get. The overall effect is, events that used to be a great source for chests and BP/EP are now worthless to most players of this game.

The last individual sailing event I participated in, I got to the 500 gems reward by the end of the event. It wasn't easy, but I got there. The first guild-wide sailing event, with 22 of the 30 people in my guild actively participating, we fell short of that same point by 6 rewards. With the logarithmic nature of the reward costs, that means we weren't anywhere near where I would have gotten to had I just worked the event individually.

In my opinion, Midoki should go back to individual events or score the events differently, or lower the insanely high costs of the rewards to something more reasonable.

I assume the new ship is for an upcoming map. The cost of the new lighthouse, at 150,000 EP, is so insanely, ridiculously high that it's likely I'll never get anywhere close to upgrading - even more so now that the events (which use to be a good source for BP/EP) are now effectively worthless for collecting BP/EP. Still, new lighthouse and ship, yay. I doubt anyone in my will do that upgrade anytime soon.

Daily login is good. Nice to reward those of us who play the game each day.

New silo upgrade .. Meh, I'm sort of over most of the LP upgrades. I just sell my overflow now when my silo fills up.

All together I give the upgrade a C. The guild events need work and the cost of the new lighthouse is simply ridiculous.

16. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I think it would be great if they could morph the individual and guild events together, so you can have an individual reward tree AND a guild award tree. May help those in a small or less active guild, and provides extra rewards for the biggest contributors, but I also see that the point may be to encourage players to be more active and promote active guilds.

Tiger Lilly and Cap'n Flyht like this.
  17. Hope @Lynsey [Midoki] is looking at all these different threads (I'm sure she is ;)) and hopefully a few tweaks may happen! :) There are some great, and well thought out ideas rolling around on these threads!

Tiger Lilly likes this.
  18. 10Atious

10Atious Crew

I think these guild events will encourage players,who have not,to complete their pirate training, complete the seas and work on upgrading their islands. In other words, play more and learn more. After all, that is what you do in this game. I remember being new to this game when there were no events, just attacking and upgrading on an individual basis. So, I encourage folks to be happy new things are coming and accept them with alacrity.

19. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I do not believe regular events have been done away with. Instead I believe we will be alternating between regular and guild events or something like that. Also most of us found 150k ep insanely cheap

20. Ian

Ian Commodore

Agree @Bjays92 i feel there is still a place for individual events.

Tiger Lilly likes this.