When will the "Holiday" theme end?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by # Marknado #, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

and mosquitoes, gators...

..and the super-rednecks that the rest of the South doesn't want. :)

Rachael likes this.
  2. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Don't forget the armadillo speed bumps everywhere.

Kelani likes this.
  3. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Hey!
    I resemble that statement!

Kelani likes this.
  4. Rachael

Rachael Crew

Hey now! Some of Florida isn't all that bad. However if you want seasons other than Hot, Hotter, Hot as Hell, and is that rain or humidity? Don't move here.

As I complain and it's only a high of 70 today. :rolleyes:

Kelani likes this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Ok then..Using this picture below, point out those good parts of Florida. :)

[​IMG]

Actually, I take that back. On those rare non-humid days, when your house isn't in a sinkhole, and you can see past the haze and trailer parks, Florida is incredibly beautiful. So beautiful, in fact, that anyone who lives there should stay there and soak it all up. Especially during the fall. :) I mean it! Under no circumstances should Floridians think that visiting my corner of N. Carolina to look at leaves is a good idea. Really, your scenery is way more awesome. Up here, it's just endless red, yellow and orange leaves. Nothing special.

If you must visit, please hire a local driver who can handle our curvy mountain roads. Seriously... 10MPH doesn't cut it, and over the years, your insistence on driving at or below that speed has given us tons of new terms for Florida drivers that are...way more colorful than our leaves :D

Burnz and Rachael like this.
  6. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

You are right.
    North Carolina is a great place to visit. Just wouldn't want to live there.
    I mean, you could GET to the beach, but you wouldn't actually GO to the beach.
    :eek:

Kelani likes this.
  7. Rachael

Rachael Crew

Hahaha!! I mean that is a typical picture!

Also I am nowhere near a trailer park! Haze, sometimes if I go Downtown (which is a rarity). I however really like "real" fall and winter but I'm here on the surface of the sun for now. Needs to escape to somewhere cooler.

I've been to North Carolina in the Fall and its gorgeous!

Umm I'm not going to point fingers at anyone's driving especially actual Floridians. Because 9 times out of 10 they are transplants from a more northern state. :p

Kelani likes this.
  8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Careful, @Shonda La lives near some of those beaches, and she's quite fond of them. :) We do have some good ones. I'm glad you wouldn't want to live here. I wish all the people piling in here from, well, the world shared your sentiment. Move to SC! We're doing fine up here. Really! :D

I really expected someone to slap me down by mention that until 2000 or so, NC was the #1 most-hit-by-Hurricanes state. :rolleyes:

Oh crap.. You're right. I completely forgot those slowpoke drivers aren't FL natives. :( They're just a bunch of northern transplants who don't know how to stay put. :)

Rachael likes this.
  9. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Just FYI, you guys do a terrible job for the tourism marketing of your country!

10. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

I actually like the winter theme still. It's summer time here in Australia, so the winter effects give me a nice contrast in seasons.

11. TBird

TBird Captain

I think that's just the way Kel likes it :)

Kelani likes this.
  12. TBird

TBird Captain

Sooooooo AB, or @Chris [Midoki]
    Has the snow free update been released to the Apple police yet?
    Are we to assume once we see something in the in-game news that we are just a few days away?
    Janurary is going fast for 2 more updates by the end of the month :)

13. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

The update is with Apple and has been for a few days now. Hopefully it will be with you very soon and then it's onto the next one :)

14. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

Thank you Chris for the update. Could this be the right time to power up the hype train once again??

15. Fill it with coal! Clean it with fire!

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Huzzah! Praise Ikodim!

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

While the train is barreling ahead, there will be an impromptu discussion in the forward lounge about what "...update is with Apple and has been for a few days now" means, precisely :)

18. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

In the shuffling madness of the locomotive breath...

19. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Well..... I for one am ready for Spring and the update to come. Really hoping with the Santa Brute gone I can win on defence again (fingers crossed).
    PS. Go easy on Canadians ehh! We have feelings to :)

Captain Monkey likes this.
  20. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

"too", eh?
    ;)