Who's ready for a Guild War?

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by awbo, May 22, 2016.

1. awbo

awbo Captain

Seeing as this feature is taking a while, I would like to manufacture one of our own. I propose a rumble matchup at a time/date to be privately agreed on. The rules are simple, each player gets 10 attacks maximum, that's win or lose, 10 total. Any player in the guild with more than 10 voids the guild's score.

If the guilds in the competition failed to match, the score in separate rumbles would still count, we would need to assign referees however, so each guild entering could only have a maximum of 49 members. It would be more difficult to communicate in that instance but it can be done. If a lot of guilds are interested we could turn it into a bit of a tournament.

Please PM me if interested. We will see if this is a one-off rumble or the first ever Guild War!

2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Great suggestion! Exclude me from participating, as I could never have the discipline to limit myself to only 10 attacks in a rumble. Would drive me nuts to log on and not do anything other than send out my ship exploring or do a few errands.

Robin Blood likes this.
  3. awbo

awbo Captain

Maybe I should make it 100 attacks for you @Spongee ;)

Dianne's Isle and Ian like this.
  4. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Lol... Make it 25 (one streak), and I might sign up ;)

5. Fil

Fil Captain

Wish there was a way to effectively and eaily track the first ten attacks...
    If scores stayed visible after players left we could form a 1 day guild, do our ten then jump out

Dianne's Isle likes this.
  6. Ian

Ian Commodore

Only 10 attacks? That's going to put off some guilds/members who are watch their Rumble Statistics (average/last Rumble score) :eek: Maybe a higher number might encourage others to join. :)

7. awbo

awbo Captain

You know I suggested 10 because I basically wanted a rumble without gems. With a 45 min recruit time (give or take) you can fit in 10 attacks per day without gemming. If your PR is high enough and you are 3-starring your attacks that should not negatively effect your statistics. What I was hoping for was a contest of skill for some of the non-gemming guilds who I see in other threads complaining about unfair match-ups against guilds like the Dead. You can't beat these guilds unless you spend gems. I'm not complaining and I'm not criticising the Dead (etc), that's the way the game is, but I just thought some might like to see a rumble based on attacking skills.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Dianne's Isle and Ian like this.
  8. Ian

Ian Commodore

An excellent point @awbo about skill v volume and one that should be developed further. Good luck with finding suitable and willing competitors

awbo likes this.
  9. Fil

Fil Captain

We would be very interested in doing something strictly skill based...
    Just have to figure out how to do it without me having to fly around the world confiscating ipads after ten attacks

Dianne's Isle, John56 and MorganFlint like this.
  10. Fil

Fil Captain

Maybe average score per attack?

Dianne's Isle and John56 like this.
  11. awbo

awbo Captain

Communication within the guild would be an issue. If we agreed on a date we could give it a couple of weeks to ensure word had gotten around to all guild members that it was a 10 attack maximum. I know a lot of guilds use external chat apps like we do. Ideally the guilds would match each other and it's just easy to work out the winner. Otherwise, it's just going to make it really difficult having to do maths to work out who won.

12. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

+1 I really like this idea (despite having very limited skill myself)

I think the easiest way to enable participation (from guilds across separate rumbles & more 'active' guilds (like Deads) would be:
    • Create a new guild for this specific purpose (1 member will need to remain for the entire rumble to keep total guild score active)
    • Every member does their 10 attacks and takes a screenshot showing their personal score (before departing)
    • At the end the screenshots can be combined and presented to the other participating guilds - the scores can be checked against guild total to confirm no photoshop trickery ;)

Dianne's Isle, Fil and awbo like this.
  13. awbo

awbo Captain

14. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Someone in the game just told me a while back that rumbles have become one day events in which the team with the deepest pocket prevails as the winner. I somewhat agree with that, and would love to participate in something like this to hook me to the game even more, and appreciate it still with with minimal investment. Great on @awbo for taking initiative to address this, and even bring up the idea of doing this ourselves. If it's successful, maybe Midoki will steer the ship from their side, and it all works out. Maybe just maybe....

Dianne's Isle and awbo like this.
  15. Fil

Fil Captain

Some guilds have to prod members to attack...i have to force people to stop. If i dont start rumble search within minutes of one ending people start chanting, throwing stuff at me and much worse sometimes. Just For fun we have tried to have the entire guild not attack for the first hour or more, it never works. People say to heck with Fil, time to streak :confused:

Dianne's Isle and Skillzone10 like this.
  16. Fil

Fil Captain

I bet Arena would be very interested in this can somebody @wolfenstein? And animalazzo?

17. Skye

Skye Commodore

FYI you can get many more than 10 attacks in a day for free. I've gotten 20 before on a day off without gemming, and 30 is probably just barely possible with the right army.

Bob's suggestion is probably the best way to implement it. I wouldn't want to participate but would definitely be interested to see how it pans out.

18. awbo

awbo Captain

I know you CAN do more but I'm assuming people don't have the day off and don't log on to the game the second their army recruits. I imagine that's probably about 95% of people who play the game.

19. John56

John56 First Mate

I like that idea, let the players attack all they want, and their average is the score for each player. Perhaps have a minimum of 5-10 attacks per player, to eliminate someone getting 1 1000 PP victory then resting on their laurels :). Also might be fair to use the highest 30-40 players in the guild, based on the membership in the participants so all the guilds have the same numbers of players contributing to the score.
    However, we would have to determine how to account for losses. Some players do not have the ability to drop rank (if needed) on a Pirate Stronghold, so would have to surrender, showing as a loss in the rumble stats.
    Just using an average based on wins may be a way to do it, but actual failures to get 1 star on legitimate attacks would be factored out then.

20. McQ

McQ Captain

If it's skill based competition and points per attack (not points per victory) then you should be penalised for ranking down accordingly in my opinion. It means you have to think more about what rank you start at. Larger risk/reward for those who choose to start at a high rank.
    Also if you do take out any losses often you know once most troops have been deployed if you are likely to get all 3*, so it's far too easy to exploit by surrendering early and taking a loss rather than just 1*/2*.