Why do you have to rebuy traps?

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by JeffieTD, Sep 25, 2014.

1. JeffieTD

JeffieTD Powder Monkey

The title says it. It's pretty annoying to have to place them again. I don't think this is a thing that's good to do differently from clash of clans. At least not this way.

2. Natemz

Natemz Crew

I agree, this is terrible implementation. It makes me not want to mess with buying them again.

They should detonate and remain in place. Then you have to re-arm them.

Super-Nor and JeffieTD like this.
  3. I'm okay with rebuying them, although rearming is a better idea. The problem I have is that it requires a builder.

4. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Yes. Using a builder for them makes no sense. Moving forward this will be a huge pain with all builders on long build times.

5. JeffieTD

JeffieTD Powder Monkey

Yep.

For ferretbusiness and donkeykilla, I see needing a builder as a more minor issue here. That you can avoid by having more builders / speeding up a construction, so it can be seen as part of how games like these function. But having to by eg. 8 traps again and having to find the spots you wanted to place them in every time someone has triggered them is not something you can avoid by spending gems. It's just a plain nuisance.

6. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

I think The Mystic Mine Should Be Like That But For The Mine It Make Absolutely No Sense BC If It Blows Up Its Just Left With Its String Thing If You Re-Arm It It's The Same Thing As Buying A New One Only Without Going To The Store

7. JeffieTD

JeffieTD Powder Monkey

And it makes sense to you that you can spend millions of gold to upgrade a wall, but after it's destroyed it's automatically back to it's upgraded state? This is a game, everything doesn't have to make perfect sense, fun should come first.

Ftyga likes this.
  8. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

People Do Have Different Opinions You Know

9. JosoLi

JosoLi Powder Monkey

Re-arm button would be nice for the mines and kindly don't require a builder for the mines.

10. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Not that I don't agree with you point here, but I am assuming there in one button that says 'replace traps' or something like that? Well what if you don't have enough resource to replace all the traps. Which ones does it choose to replace?

11. JosoLi

JosoLi Powder Monkey

Sir Chris!
    I think the game should require all the used mines to be replaced, and it will include the total cost. If the player can't afford that cost well he should just farm again.

JeffieTD likes this.
  12. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

OK that's fair enough, thanks for clarifying

13. JeffieTD

JeffieTD Powder Monkey

You have to be aware of how it's done in Clash of Clans, right? The traps are pretty cheap in general throughout the Plunder Pirates game, aren't they? So people mostly will have the resources, right? And even if they don't, well, then they can re-arm each one separately - like in clash.

14. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Keep in mind you do not want an exact replica of CoC...

15. JeffieTD

JeffieTD Powder Monkey

Yeah, definitely. The special abilities are a positive example of doing things differently and the exploration is a fun feature too (especially if it is made to have a purpose in the endgame too). But doing something differently just for the sake of doing it differently and ending up doing the exact same thing as the original except with a twist that makes the feature work worse is even worse than just cloning the original. And having to go to shop to buy and place eg. 8+ bombs separately is just that.

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'd rather see traps that can be rearmed AND upgraded. Imagine turning a standard mine into a cluster mine that could decimate a larger force. I'd like, as well, to see auto-rearm. If I win one defense but lose my traps, I'd hate to lose the second one because the traps were gone.

Kelani likes this.
  17. IMO, if a mine blows up, it's gone and needs complete replacement.

Personally, I don't want a Clash of Clans on Water; I want a new game. I grant PP cannot be completely new, but CoC shouldn't constrain PP.

Pirate Fear likes this.
  18. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Agreed!

19. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Crew

Agreed...but...the traps in PP currently work the way they did originally in CoC. Hardly anyone ever used them because you had to search your base after every attack, remember where the traps went, and re-buy them one at a time. Then the ability to leave them in place and simply re-arm them was added, and there was much rejoicing. Actually I think the idea of re-arming traps was in Samurai Siege first. This is an improvement that PP should consider, for the same reasons it was added to CoC.

"CoC shouldn't constrain PP": if we say PP can't do something because it's the way it is in CoC, that's just as constraining as saying it has to work exactly the way CoC does.

20. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Well said