Why do you have to rebuy traps?

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by JeffieTD, Sep 25, 2014.

1. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Yeah I've noticed. And as my crew makes it's way around someones base the thing that stands out isn't the 500k resources I took, it's the traps going off. Man are they gonna be PO'd when they see that their traps are gone and there's 2 days til a builder comes free.

2. Rockford

Rockford Powder Monkey

yeah yeah yeah replacing the traps is bone, and the fact it takes a builder is triple double bone; re-arm would be cool and I wouldn't say "now hold on a minute, that's what they do in CoC how dare they, I'm not playing anymore" [how do you do a raspberry blowing smiley again?]

3. I don't mind re positioning my mines, if I get raided by the same person I can plant them somewhere different and suprise them next time round.I don't even mind paying for them each time (it's not like they cost that much!) But the fact you need a builder free to place them is a little problematic especially if the last person to raid you failed while simultaneously triggering half your traps! If you don't have a spare builder you're now open to an assault from someone else and can't put down traps to reduce the dmg they do. I did like the idea above btw about some way to upgrade nines, that could be cool.

4. I like to set mines to partially derail some attackers. My favorite is a mine positioned to blow Brutes moving toward a mortar into the gun ports of my ship. The Brutes are headed for an opening in a wall and just before they get there, the mine explodes blowing them against the ship. Now, the ship's shooting at them so they stay a while hitting the ship while the ship and nearby cannons, towers, and mortars hit them. The surviving Brutes of this little tet-a-tet finally walk through the opening to be greeted with escalating fire. I can count on this little side show to waste 15-30 seconds of the attacking Brutes' time. I lol every time I see it - gold well spent.

5. Joker4235

Joker4235 Powder Monkey

I read the forums everyday.
    I finally registered just to suggest rearming the traps. Glad im not the only one who feels this way.

AngryBeard likes this.
  6. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Guess what, even the devs feel that way ;)

7. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

I agree with the idea of rearming to save the hassle of buying each one individually again and placing them again.
    I don't know if i agree with the idea of being able to rearm without a builder. As the games develops if a guild is trying to take out a targeted players rank or just loot then you may wana send in one guild member to take out mines and the next guild member (after shield time) to take out the rest? At some point unless upgrades continue to be developed soonish the only difference between islands could be setup and mine placement. Just a thought for the future really.

8. Christy

Christy Commodore

I just hate having to remember where I had them all placed :(

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

Same here. I have to keep a screenshot to remind myself

10. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

Maybe there could be a way to pay for several traps at once. If I for example buys 1 trap for 1 gold I could instead choose to pay 100 gold to make that one trap auto-replace itself 99 times? Does that make any sense?

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

It makes sense. But I'd rather just have a spent bomb thst I could click to rearm.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  12. Cap'n Creeperb

Ye you're probably right, that's a more simple solution that works for everyone.

13. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

@Bear I've been wondering for some time now how does the iPad work with claws or do you clip them and use your paws?

14. See even devs can be ignored

15. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

I think they should be manually rearmed if they have gone off.

I don't think it should require a free builder to do this thou. Whoever said I'm building these from scratch?

I go down to the supply store and buyim in bulk....

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  16. Aye the mine and bomb section at home depo is great....:D

17. Cap'n Creeperb

I agree, my builders are almost occupied all the time which means that I can only replace traps between upgrading buildings. :(

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. No builder to rearm. If you needed a builder it almost defeats the purpose of being able to rearm the traps

19. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

maybe the mines could have charges, charge them up when you have a builder free and hopefully they last till he's free again

20. Cap'n Creeperb

Especially later in game when a lot of upgrading takes several days each, there's no way to rearm traps!

Bear likes this.