Will this game suffer from the same economic disaster that Clash of clans is facing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hamie, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Hamie

Hamie Powder Monkey

If anyone here played CoC (I presume a majority of players came from CoC.), you would personally know how horrible clash of clans is becoming. Constantly pressing the next button until you find a base that is worthy of attacking, yet you'll eventually settle for a 100k base since you're becoming fed up of constantly pressing next. Its becoming more of a chore than having fun.

I was wondering if you think this would happen to Pirate Plunders? Personally, I think it wouldn't due to the fact of how much we can make with our collectors.

2. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I certainly hope not, but can see it happening if they (midoki) institutes a PH penalty for attacking lower PH levels. I'm not sure how I feel about this atm, largely due to the top 200 players are above 540ish which means that many of us are grouped with lower PHs between 100-500. Thats not a very big spread. Also, at PH 5 right now, the next cost is next to nothing as well, so unlike at TH 10, where we are dropping 1k gold a next and I feel that I need something over 150k to turn a decent profit. Thankfully, Im only working on walls and heroes, minus the new mortar, so now nexting is no longer a big issue since Im strictly going after DE.

As far as collectors, I love how much they produce in this game.

3. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I find lots of loot. So that won't be a problem. And in this game you don't need to max your storages for every upgrade. Some are expensive of course, but not as in CoC

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

This is one of those things that we can't say is impossible, but I hope it won't happen. The dev's here seem to be working hard to improve the game and it doesn't seem like something they would let happen if they can help it.

5. Honestly, the only reason why I think that situation happened (constantly cycling through bases to find anything semi-decent) was that they changed the fact that walls after a certain level could be upgraded with elixir.
    I was psyched for that change until I saw everyone in my range (up to Crystal III) have NOTHING in terms of loot. It was clear they were loot dumping into walls. I've not played CoC for over a month because I was sick of the constant next...next...next....next....

6. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Yea that is true. Still, would be nice if we could spend grog on the walls in this game:D

7. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Nah this game has a very similar loot system to samurai siege. In that game loot just gets better and better as the game progresses and more people get their mines and collectors at or near max. However what this loot system does do is make it extremely difficult to play casually at higher levels because you lose 20% of your goods every time you log off. So for example when we have ph9 here and the upgrades cost way over 10 million it gets tough if your not logged on constantly. At least in this game defense has a scrapping chance, in SS offense is wildly OP.

Hektor likes this.
  8. Burnz

Burnz Captain

In all fairness, that change only affected the amount of elixer showing up. Which has dropped significantly. The nexting issue has been around for a long time.

9. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

When I found this, I retired clash after close to two years. So thankful for midoki giving me another outlet for time suck. Who needs the clash frustration? Next, next, next, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller . . . Now, just don't get greedy like SuperCell! o_O

10. Master Pogi

Master Pogi First Mate

i played coc for one hour then deleted it...:D don't want the graphics...went back to play Heroes Of Honor. Then settle for this game. I don't have problem with the rss.

Kelani and Gangrene Beard like this.
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

No kidding. I never played Clash until one of my guildlings started mentioning all these cool features that PP doesn't have. So for research purposes, I checked it out. Wow. PP sure has spoiled me, because my interest was gone about 10 seconds after the Supercell logo went away.

It'll be much easier for PP to add a few cool features than it'll be for Clash to stop looking like crap.

Daddy P likes this.
  12. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

In all fairness, clash was awesome when released. PP just took it to another level. Hat tip to supercell. They just need to come out with Clash 2.0 as 1.0 now looks like a dinosaur.

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

You're right. That was unfair of me to say. Shame on me. :eek: I'm sure Clash day 1 was more than awesome enough to cause a worldwide outbreak of bladder accidents. :) With all the money Clash 1.0 made, I'd bet Clash 2.0 would be quite awesome. I just hope it doesn't appear until Pirates has had enough time to steal a pile of customers, and grab a well-deserved piece of the pie for Midoki. Once the world is finally sick of this game, then Supercell can release it. :cool:

Bear and Daddy P like this.
  14. Gitarrmannen

Gitarrmannen Powder Monkey

I really hate when game designers put loot cap on games.

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

Clash was amazing till a month or two ago. And then I found plunder pirates when I upgraded to ios8. And my life will never be the same

Daddy P likes this.
  16. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Echo that, LOL. The new standard.

17. Landie

Landie Powder Monkey

Love this game - the 3D, cam (which would be great if we could explore with it), map and island. It's a lovely soft place to land after Coc, RoK and Samurai Siege.

CoC is a doddle in the park compared to SS. It's boring. Hardly any loot. At least there are only two raids in each war.....

Samurai Siege was nice when I first started it 16 months ago...then they had their first event. 24 hours. Then clan wars were introduced that go for 12 hours where you can't have a life outside the game. And you can't get ahead in their events without forking out real money to gem troops in wars. It's a high pressure game.

And I should know....I share shogun/leadership in a major alliance that is one of the originals. The developers have events every weekend and often in-between. Events often go for 48 hours and every player has to get massive warpoints from constant raids...to achieve alliance rewards. Every event, the bar is raised by the devs and it gets harder and harder, not to mention the intensity. We just had a 48 hour one, then they gave 24 hours notice for a 24/7 one with wars back to back. I have had players burning out from stress....rage quitting.....generals organising rosters frenetically via the LINE app. It has gone from a happy carefree game to another level. I would not recommend downloading it.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  18. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I'm only on TH8 and I have hit a loot wall. I don't even raid anymore because it's to expensive for almost no gain. My other accounts at TH7 and 6 are fairing better but I've almost stopped completely because it's not worth it anymore. Their forum last I checked had over 850 pages of people complaining about this exact issue.

Boom Beach has gone this way now also, I'm level 35 and can't upgrade anything because I don't get hardly any invasions on the map of players I can attack, they're always about 5 levels ahead of me and with no resources. I'm about |__| this close to swearing off Supercell all together.

19. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

From what I can tell, CoC problems started with gem greed leading up to sale of company interests. This greed included things like eliminating abandoned bases that so many relied upon for big loot. That started a snowball effect. Then they started messing with the loot penalty system and then open wall building to elixir. Then war dramatically changed the formerly stable clan dynamic. Now the game is dead, IMHO. I'm a level 117 TH 10 and just walked away from it despite all that invested time. PLEASE MIDOKI DO NOT FOLLOW THIS PATH!!!!!

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm curious about something CoC related. Like I said before, I never played this game during its heyday, but recently installed it just to see all those features everyone here wants so much. I've probably spent 10 mins total playing the game.

For the past two weeks, my dinky little 1 Trophy TH3 (or 4?) base (called Kitten Refinery) sat there with full storage (100k/100k). It had a few L1-3 cannons, L1 mortar, and L2 walls. Nothing special at all. I was never raided during this time. I thought that was a bit odd.

Tonight, I went to look at a feature, and spent all that loot on walls and defenses. Everything's maxed for that TH. When I quit, I had L3 walls, 200/200 (not 200k) loot and, again, 1 trophy. Absolutely nothing to gain there, but from the second I quit, the raid notifications started. TONS of them. I'd get a few every 3-4 seconds, then there'd be a lull for a minute, then I'd get 3-5 more notifications. This repeated for a half hour, and when I checked the log, it said I'd been raided 83 times. All diffeernt players, obviously. I checked the replays, and 20 were people quitting instantly, but in 63 of them, they actually dropped troops, who died instantly, thanks to the defenses. What in the hell was all that about? Whatever it was, I hope it never happens on PP.