Will this game suffer from the same economic disaster that Clash of clans is facing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hamie, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Seems like a m€th heads dream game 24/7 ...:D

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    swiftpirate likes this.
  2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I don't know what you are ranked, but there is a cult group that tries to stay below 200 trophies for easy loot. If you ever go down that far in rank, you will get troop dropped on like 100 times in 5 minutes with people trying to stay down there.

Kelani likes this.
  3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That's probably it. I haven't played enough to know what my rank is, but, I'm sure it was about as low as you can go. At the time, here's what I had:

Blue Star bar thing = 16 (191)
    Trophies = 3
    Gold = 200
    Elixir= 210

After the raids, it's now:

Blue Star bar thing = 19 (536)
    Trophies = 355

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah, they were just dropping rank on you. Blue star thing I'd your experience level. Every time you upgrade something build something. Upgrade a troop, donate troops you get experience.

Trophies = pirate rank.

Kelani likes this.
  5. boomhower

boomhower Powder Monkey

I hope not. I'm a maxed TH8 and am not upgrading to TH9 because of the elixir issue. Four army camps, the academy and spell factory alone are going to run you north of 10mil. An you haven't even upgraded a troop yet. To make matters worse as a new TH9 trying to save for these upgrades TH10's are going to decimate you. I'm only hanging around for clan wars as I am the leader of my clan.

6. boomhower

boomhower Powder Monkey

It's called trophy dropping. In clash the loot range tends to move around based on trophy levels. Depending on your town hall it randomly seems to move around. I'm a TH8 and it can range from Gold 3 to Crystal 3 and anywhere in between. What they are doing is just dropping trophies to get to a lower trophy range where better loot is at the moment. The loot system is utterly and completely broken in that game. The move to allowing elixir upgrades on walls made it to where on the upper levels you can hardly recoup your army cost, and that's not counting how much you spent in texting costs to find a halfway decent town to raid.

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Thanks for the into @boomhower I've heard about the loot system being screwy before, but now it makes perfect sense. :)

yeah, I may have upgraded a troop or two. I pretty much sign on and dump whatever gold/elixir into whatever upgrade gets rid of it. I won't be devoting much time to the game, other than to learn about those features people here want so much.

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Agreed. I haven't attacked outside a war in over a month. Except for dropping trophies. And I do that with my heroes.

9. No wonder so many Coc's jumped into plunder pirates sounds a bore over on Coc.

swiftpirate and Bear like this.
  10. Bear

Bear Commodore

I
    It's fun till about th7 then it's a grind to th10 (which I am) but with the loot wrecked. You can't really progress past th9 without gemming.

11. boomhower

boomhower Powder Monkey

I I have spent an absolute ton of time on the game. I'd argue TH7 is the sweet spot of the game. You get a larger army and stronger troops. Plus with the loot penalty TH9's don't pick on you. Once you hit TH8 the grind is much much larger, particularly with walls and getting killed by TH9's. The main thing I prefer with it is you can boost your barracks with gems. With the right army you can almost attack again as soon as your attack is over for two hours straight. This is the biggest thing I am not liking about PP. At my level it's about 30 minutes which isn't back but that gets a lot worse real fast.

12. Midleton

Midleton Crew

Pretty big fan of samurai siege and still playing the events there. And yes, gemming is the only way to rank during events in that game. Haven't tried CoC. Also play star wars commander a little bit, but once you get used to spinning the map of this game, even during attacks and replays, SS starts to look dated....

What's funny is that a lot of the clan names and player names have carried over from those other games.

13. You said what 90% said when I asked why they stopped. The other 10% said they have to gem a lot. Where's darky zero with his "math" stats.....enter math troll in 5 4 3 2 1...;)

swiftpirate likes this.
  14. Strike

Strike Crew

I ahve put alot of money in this game(read a SHIT-load) and i have lost quite many battles because of the bugs(freezing juggs, freezing wizards(incl ghosts) etc) and Rovio doesnt compensate this. They have to be carefull not to loose their best paying costumers. They game wont last without them, and i'm starting to get fed up with these companies greed. If there are alot of bugs that players suffers from(with REAL money) then they should be properly compensated. You would benefit from being generous with us, we fund the game....
    I'm not putting another dime in this game until i get compensated properly and the remaining bugs are fixed..

Spongee likes this.
  15. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

I've played this game for a month now, and it's already the game I've spent most money in of iOS and Android. Congratulations developers, you have me in your claws. :p

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    Edward Kenway likes this.
  16. Strike

Strike Crew

It's OK for me to spend money...but if there are to many bugs the players should get compensation accordingly to money spent

17. Strike

Strike Crew

Why should we test the game out for free(i mean if there are bugs..)...is not fair

18. DAGARY

DAGARY Powder Monkey

Then there is also the game sensei wars, a lot of us from pirates United have spent so much time and money on that game. But that game is also on the road towards death, due to lack of new upgrades and bug fixes. Otherwise I would say it's maby the best game of this type.

19. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Dont spend money on the game and stop relying on juggs. I've spent $5 on the game for a builder and that is all I plan to spend. And I'm a healthy PH 7. I will never understand gemmers. Patience, man, patience. You take the fun out of the game when you unload tons of cash just to get ahead. Then get ticked when game glitches because of the "investment." I played CoC and Samurai Siege without gemming and the games are a blast. Yes, I get antsy about the wait times and upgrade costs too, but that's what makes these games fun. If it didn't get harder, who would care about it? Plus, you get a sense of accomplishment when you play the game straight.

20. DAGARY

DAGARY Powder Monkey

I agree with you daddy, but it's so damn hard to be patient ;)

Daddy P likes this.