Will we get the top 200 PR leaderboard back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Booty isle, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I like that we have a new leaderboard with new rewards, thank you for that. But I also want to see a top 200 leaderboard for rank. Why can't we have both leaderboards?

2. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Seems, lazy days of doing some battles to push rank and then hiding under a shield are over. Finally!

If you wanna see ur name on top of new leaderboard you have to work your ass off to get it. Seems fair. ;)

WePillageYou and super pirate like this.
  3. So is the new leaderboard just PP accumulated during the month? Seems like a blend would be better.

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

Those are some great points @Raptelan
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

5. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

As @Lynsey [Midoki] stated, they are trying to indeed develop a mix of the two. One in which your rank is considered, along with your score. Or at least a way to have a comparison in which rank is taken into account.

super pirate likes this.
  6. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

To be fair to midoki. It has already been said that the new seasonal leader board will take plunder points and rank into consideration next season(month). I am with you raptelan. I don't push rank anymore because I can get pp so much easier down in rank. But fighting down in rank is boring. I do it for my guild. My guild now focuses on rumbles and solely on rumbles. So rank became irrelevant. Hopefully the new seasonal leaderboard will be good enough to change my mind

7. Genji Shiba

Genji Shiba Powder Monkey

yep, rank is not the currency anymore, just like the streak, we go low and have massive bias against PH10. may be a mini ph1 can outscore everyone else using 1 Lv38 gunner and played 20000 games a day. :)

Still a leaderboard on rank should be returned, so that we have something to set our goal to after reaching 500+ PR. It's harder and harder to go up after 600. Hope Midoki will work something out and please STATE the requirement clearly within the corresponding sections.

super pirate likes this.
  8. John56

John56 First Mate

I believe if the new system, which awards more PP (and hopefully BP) to you if your rank is higher will cause a shift upwards in overall Pirate Rank. Assuming the bonus grows more the higher your PR is, let's assume you can for instance double your PP and BP from an attack if your rank is 700-800. Other than players who have abandoned the game and farmers who cannot defend at all, everyone's PR should move up overall. I would expect that the new norm would be in the 500 PR range, with top players hitting 2000 PR.

It should be self-sustaining; the more players who are moving up in rank, the more loot there will be at higher PR levels, encouraging even more players to attack in that range.

Personally though, I believe the new leaderboard should be a weekly thing, not monthly. Otherwise we will be seeing the same players over and over again on the leaderboard, and almost all of them will be from 24/7 rumbling guilds. You can get an average player to push hard for a week to get a spot in the top 200, but a month of attacking at that level is likely too much.

awbo likes this.
  9. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Just when motivation to push rank arrives, the PR leaderboard gets taken away.

Please reconsider and bring it back.

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  10. HolyTRINITY

HolyTRINITY Powder Monkey

The new leaderboard doesnt punish losses the way the old one does. Anyone tried +1/-23 streaking knows what I am talking about. +1 like on this post

11. Jirobaliw-

Jirobaliw- Crew

Low(weak) ranked player can reach the top 1 on this new leaderboard,midoki just want us to buy gems..+10 on this post

12. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

Hi guys. New to the forum

I have mentioned this in our guild with rumbles, streaks and now the new leaderboard the game seems to be more about who can buy the most to get top spot, the skill aspect seems to have gone out the game.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  13. Skye

Skye Commodore

I think the reason it was removed was because there were already so many boards, and they needed room to fit it.

I'd rather get rid of the regional board, or even better, get rid of the "out of your friends" board. I bet that one gets almost no use. I'd love to have it back.

I'd also like leaderboards for other stats, like most attacks/defenses won, most gold/grog stolen, but I understand there's already too many.

14. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

Maybe if the monthly leaderboard was based on pr rank rather than bp points, that would mean that people would have to try for 3 stars to get their rank higher, rather than just have lots and lots of battles.

At the moment it just seems more suited to those who like to buy lots and lots of gems rather than the casual gamer who plays it for a bit of fun without wanting to spend loads.

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The main reason we didn't use PR is that PR is used in a lot of other places - to establish guild rank, individual matchmaking and Rumble Matchmaking. Resetting PR to zero at the start of every month would impact heavily on these, plus we felt it would be nice if players had a persistent stat that showed their progress that didn't get reset each month.

We'll be changing Plunder Points slightly next month to factor in the player's rank as well as their Pirate Hall level, so those that push their rank will be able to score far more points than somebody who is squatting in the lower ranks.

Robin Blood, Skye and Capt. Sharky like this.
  16. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

And since so many people will be rank pushing at the same time, wouldn't it be great to have a global leaderboard to see just how high everyone can go!

Leaderboard clutter I can understand.
    Maybe convert the local leaderboard to global?
    Maybe convert the streak leaderboard which is basically just people pushing to 100 and is far less competitive (especially seeing it only updates *after* you've ended the streak)?
    Maybe convert the friends leaderboard because wouldn't you be in the same guild as your mates?
    I don't know. Just please bring back the global PR leaderboard!

Tex, # Johnny Doe #, awbo and 3 others like this.
  17. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Who cares about a local leaderboard? Who wants to compare themselves to a diluted group of players? Global leaderboard is key. I don't see how midoki can't see this?

Tex, # Johnny Doe # and Tifosa like this.
  18. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'd be happy if the friends one disappeared either way. Not having to make that extra connection to facebook when you aren't explicitly trying to send requests to a friend would be very nice.

That would certainly make room for global to come back.

Kamikazemug and Superenigmatix like this.
  19. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Yup! What @c00ni said!
    No PR leaderboard just makes no sense at all. Now that there are going to incentives to push PR surely there should be a way to show it?

20. Tex

Tex Commodore

The "Friend's Leaderboard" is about as useless as the personal stats showing "Most Used" and "Most Shunned" pirates. Bring back the Global PR Leaderboard!

St. Thomas, Skye and mlc like this.