Win a battle but in defense log i loose the battle

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by abyss, Oct 17, 2014.

1. abyss

abyss Powder Monkey

as you can see on defense replay i won

[​IMG]

but in the defense log i totally loose with 3 star. why?

[​IMG]

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

This is usually down to the connection to the server being lost mid way through the fight. As not all the data is received the out comes of the fight can be displayed differently. We are aware of this issue and believe it to be fixed in the next update

3. lcalabrese

lcalabrese Powder Monkey

I can confirm I've seen this too. Replay showed 38% and all the attacker's pirates dead. Log shows 50% and a defeat.

4. Chriswap

Chriswap Powder Monkey

I have the same problem, replay show that the battle was failed by the other player with just 46% of destruction, but in the defense log i lost 10 points and he had 91 % score.
    i can send you the replay and screen shot

5. Chriswap

Chriswap Powder Monkey

i was making screen shot for forum and now the replay is not the same, in the first, my defense had win and there was'nt any pirate , just one who try to destroy the guild building alone.
    Now there is a team who destroy the main house, last defenses and my boat. o_Ohalloween_confused
    i have watched this replay about 6 times, why it's change?
    replay are not replay?

6. Sailaway

Sailaway Powder Monkey

Hi, Have had two raids that have been total destruction. Both of them were, when the fights were over, registrated as defeats. I got a great loot at both of the fights...but afterwards it said 0 gold 0 grogg. Clearly something is wrong here.

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Did you lose connection at all?

8. Sailaway

Sailaway Powder Monkey

No, I was online during the entire fight. Pre fight. Post fight. Online.

9. TysonDUB

TysonDUB Powder Monkey

I've noticed this pretty frequently since I started playing a few weeks ago, but now that I am a higher level with more money, the stakes are higher and it's really bothering me. I could probably cite an example from every day, but here are a few recent ones.
    • Yesterday, my defense log said someone got 100% and 3 stars and all of my loot, but when I watch the recording, they got 56% and one star (and obviously less loot).
    • Earlier today, the log said someone got 42%, but the recording shows me destroying them at 23% (with a huge discrepancy in loot).
    • The most recent attack shows the right percentage (37%), but the log says they got 80k gold while the recording shows them getting 101k gold.

I don't see how these can be caused by connection interruption because the pirates never freeze. I see every one fight to the death. And the gold discrepancy on that last one is the opposite of what it should be if I just couldn't see the whole battle.

10. Dirus

Dirus Powder Monkey

As said on another post.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  11. Yes, the replay issues are know, but please keep in mind that the Log is always correct.
    These are being worked out, but rest assured, nobody is being cheated out of any resources or points.

Bear with us guys, things will get better with each update.

12. Mfraaazzzeeee

Mfraaazzzeeee Powder Monkey

This answer does not make sense. If this was a connection error the why does replay of the battle look complete without error, no freezing, all pirates dead, time has run out, etc? Where does that reply come from, thin air? The log is wrong!

13. Bear

Bear Commodore

You're going to have a hard time convincing a star it's not shining.

14. Another thread on this lol close it. Log is god always right ;)
    Ps do stars shine more like they pulse .

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

Lol. You get my metaphor. (hopefully, physics inaccuracies aside)

16. Just busting ya chops. I hear you there will always be one person that will argue that the sky in fact is not blue :eek:.... God help em because I won't ;).

Bear likes this.
  17. You have to understand that the replays are not recordings/video, but a reconstruction of the battle on a different device. The replay comes from data stored on the server, but different processors (devices) handle this slightly differently, causing a replay on a different device to play out slightly differently. The log grabs the data straight from the server, no recalculations.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. and Bear like this.
  18. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Pirates don't freeze because pirates have a mind of their own once dropped. Their whereabouts and actions aren't all sent to the server.
    The details of the battle are likely sent to the server in terms of:
    WHEN was WHAT type of pirate dropped WHERE. After you know that, a battle should in theory play out the same way each time (in additional to WHEN was WHAT ability activated).

My two thoughts on replays not matching logs are either:
    1. Connection problems during battle - some of the pirate drop times / locations never make it to the server but the final outcome (plunder and % destruction) goes through alright.
    2. Slight inaccuracies in resolution on exact timing and location each pirate is dropped - this could mean the difference between a mortar going for a brute instead of raping an army of gunners.

Anyway, a fix is coming... Can't wait!

19. Remedy

Remedy Powder Monkey

Just a quick question about this, I had a replay where the guy only got 29%, 200k gold and 20k grog. According to the log he got 71%, 403k gold and 485k grog. I saw all the troops in the details get destroyed during the replay, no buffering, no troops just standing still that would indicate a connection error. On top of that, buildings that were untouched in the replay were also untouched when I loaded up my game after being attacked and I went up in Pirate Rank. However I did lose the loot the log said I lost. How are there that many discrepancies? Neither the log nor replay are correct.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  20. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

@Remedy the game doesn't send live troop positions to the server, that's why there are never troops standing still during periods of lag.
    Once deployed, troops have a mind of their own, deciding on how/where to move and what to target.

Major discrepancies in log and replay are probably due to the server not receiving the exactly correct location, or more probably timing of troops being deployed. A split second can be the difference between a mortar targeting the meat shield you've deployed on one side of a base versus destroying all your gunners on your attack front.