Witch Doctor CURED!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super evil mega corp., Oct 29, 2015.

1. The witch doctor is acting like before... He's not going after juggs and brutes instead he is staying with gunners like before... Smart move Midoki...:):):) Now please don't say this is an bug...:(:confused::)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    Cocobean likes this.
  2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I haven't noticed as I don't use Juggs & Brutes anymore, I did notice he favoured a smaller group of Skellies in one of my last battles.

3. John56

John56 First Mate

I noticed; he wandered away from my HG's to cover a gunner in the corner. I think he is dating Annabelle and her bad habits are rubbing off on him...

awbo likes this.
  4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Oh yes, should probably add that to the release notes...

Machop69, Skillzone10 and awbo like this.
  5. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea I just had him turn & follow 2 Bombers while leaving a tight group of over 20 crew haha (have the replay if anyone likes to see it), looks like the WD fiasco continues.

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep, that's the return to the pre-1.9 AI.

7. John56

John56 First Mate

I guess "cured" is in the eye of the beholder... I will just have to figure out exactly how he works over again; I started the game just as the last AI change was happening.

8. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

It's not the very same, he still turns back to my Skellies after I have first dropped him with my Bombers, once they're through the walls I drop Skellies, he then turns & goes down to them.

9. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

I'm having such bad luck now--have to trying my whole attack strategy. Again.

10. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

No way is he cured. ROFL. He will follow 1 gunner now! Numerous times already I have seen him run to 1 outtwr gunner just destroying buildings away from the actual heat of the battle. Unreal...

11. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

It's funny really, every single time we get used to his AI they go & change it haha.

12. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

I think we will adapt back to the way he was. At least until the next tweak.

13. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Is it really that hard to make him cover the largest group of pirates??

14. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

WD can through walls directly,amazing!

15. JR Kingdom

JR Kingdom Powder Monkey

Leave my 2HG alone and go to search for corner/outskirt 1 gunner to follow.
    Later when we used to his current style I'm afraid Midoki will change his UI again =.=
    So shall we still feedback ? ,>.<

16. Lynsey [Midoki]

With the devices we're compatible with, yes unfortunately. Constantly calculating and defining what is a group, density of moving troops in a defined area, when it stops being a group, etc is very intensive (particularly when we're having to factor in behaviour as a lone WD and as a WD in a group of 8 WDs), and there's only so much we can do whilst we're supporting lower end devices such as iPhone 4s.

He hops over walls to get to his target, he's always been able to do this. ;)

I think we'll be leaving the WD alone for now.

Enuthral, peg-brain bob and TBaggins like this.
  17. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Boom, Shots fired.

Skillzone10 and TBaggins like this.
  18. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

This WD ai is far better than the disaster that had been for far too long since he was tweaked. The lone gunner issue happened but was rare. And, quite frankly, I had a much harder time with the tweaked ai and lone troop issue, with the WD running off to protect the lone jugg on the perimeter. So both ais had lone troop issues. Positive side is he stayed with the troops you deployed him with by and large and didn't rush to the heat of battle and get slaughtered whilst reading the pants label on the juggs' arses, snuffing out it seconds. And, you could protect your gunners who needed the protection far more than the tanks and meat shields. Pretty stupid sending in body guards to guard the body guards. So kudos to midoki for finally switching back! Shows they are listening, even if it took a LONG time to implement.

Enuthral and John56 like this.
  19. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

We won't mind if AI was fixed for all but 4S devices. XD

20. Burnz

Burnz Captain

The Witch doctor is far from cured, in at least 3 of my battles today he was released with a group, only to run over 10 squares away to the lone gunner clearing that hadn't taking any damage. Thanks for the fix I guess. :rolleyes:

Bl00dBaTh likes this.