Witch Doctor Fix - Cast your vote!

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Becker Redbeard, Jul 9, 2015.

?

How would you prefer the WD to prioritize his protection?

1. By largest total number of pirates

77.8%
  2. By largest total amount if damage (could favor same size group of bombs over guns)

4.8%
  3. By total HP (hit points). The current AI which weighs heavily to protecting the Juggs and Brutes.

3.2%
  4. None of the above. I will post my brilliant idea below!

14.3%
  1. Mudbeard

Mudbeard Powder Monkey

I realize this thread is a little old, but I wanted to drop in my 2 cents anyway. I'm new to this forum, but have been plundering for almost a year now, and I love the game! I appreciate all of the hard work it must take to make a great game like this. So thank you, people at Midoki!

Also, thanks to the original poster, and everyone else who has posted on this issue involving the WD's.

I voted for none of the above, simply because I think the WD AI should just return to how it was previously. Sure, there were some times when he would fixate on that lone gunner gunning it for the outhouse, but I always figured that was because I deployed him poorly.

Now it seems no matter how I deploy him, he always does the same thing. Runs up to the front of the action, and promptly gets himself killed. I have to say that I have adjusted somewhat to the change, as now I deploy him later, and try to time it so that he raises whatever skellies are on his way to the Jugg-pack (or just a singular Jugg, which for me, currently at 1850 HP, requires 16 gunners to take priority in terms of HP. That puts just 2 Juggs at requiring 32 gunners o_O). While somewhat effective, I feel like there is less control over how you can play him, which allows for less strategy, which makes for less fun, in my opinion (and I understand that's all this is, an opinion).

So if the goal is to encourage experimentation and different play styles, the current WD AI does the opposite.

And while this AI may work really well for one person's play style (as someone from Midoki commented), it doesn't seem to be appealing to your audience at large, to the point where people are making polls about it. (And to the point where I joined a forum so that I can comment on it).

Anyway, I'm very much excited about the new Legendary Pirates and all of the additions that come with them. I just hope certain issues like this (and faulty replays) are not ignored forever in favor of new content.

Thanks for reading this and for your consideration, and thanks again for making a great game that I care about!