You MUST be kidding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kevedge001, Oct 27, 2017.

1. kevedge001

kevedge001 Crew

£50 for all the Halloween outfit. Come on Midoki, utter joke.

I've tried to stay positive for a long while with this game but this may be the final straw. I'm disgusted.

Sea Patriot and Purple Rose like this.
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

In previous years, the Halloween Outfits have been 400/500 gems per costume, so all of the Outfits plus 1000 gems is actually a pretty good deal.

This year players have also been able to get the Halloween Outfits from the Rumpled and Dapper event closets, which can be done without any gem or cash cost.

MorganFlint likes this.
  3. kevedge001

kevedge001 Crew

Thanks for taking the time to reply Lynsey, but with all due respect, this does not feel like a good deal to me. A "special offer" in my eyes is a great deal, not to be missed. £50 for some costumes I do not agree is a good deal. If it was maybe £15 I would probably have bought it, and cant halp thinking you would have made a great deal more income had the price been significantly lower.

Anyway, what do I know. Just my opinion. Good luck with it.

Sea Patriot and Purple Rose like this.
  4. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Yeah, the Halloween costumes, while fun, are not worth that kind of money. The fact they have a buff that negatively effects you - and you want me to pay for that? Not going to happen. Not when I have a bunch of costumes with 2 helpful buffs.
    First you reduce the gems for the first map being fully explored, then fix it where we can't get duplicate costumes unless we have them all, and now this. I'm really trying to see benefits for players, and I'm just not seeing it anymore.
    I remember the first Halloween. We had cool pumpkins on our islands, Frankenbrute, it was awesome - and free! Same at Christmas with snow and Santa. Now it seems every holiday/celebration is just a way to get more money--not reward loyal players.
    It's been a long time since we had any big upgrade release too. I worry this game is just being forgotten about.

5. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Their commission rate has risen, lol but not really funny either. I think this is targeting newer players being they don’t know original costs were much cheaper.

WOLLIMAUS and bucket like this.
  6. Purple Rose

Purple Rose First Mate

My issue (along with exuberant price) is that we don't know what the outfit does! Why put out money for something you don't really know what you are getting? What LP does it buff? What does it buff? What does it nerf? What pirate is affected? If we don't even know that aspect, why would you even buy? Yes in some ways it can be seen as a "good deal" but not for things unknown. I'd rather spend the $15 for gems only and get more gems than an outfit that may not be beneficial to me at all. All the other offers I have seen pop up, I look at price and think "you gotta be kidding"

7. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

True, I bought some Halloween outfits the first go round, based on the buffs I liked; ones that had a negative buff I didn't mind (I.e.: didn't use that troop). I can see that it can be hard to buy them all when you don't even know what buffs each have.
    Also, @Lynsey [Midoki] what if you already have some of them? Is that price prorated?

peg-brain bob and Sea Patriot like this.
  8. md-da44

md-da44 Powder Monkey

Lol $55 is not a deal at all.
    I was going to get them all but this price is slap in the face
    $20-$30 i wouldve gotten them but $55 cmon midoki thats just greed.
    Better yet let us pick which outfits we want.
    Put the outfits on the guild ship and let us decide what we want to do
    @Lynsey [Midoki]

Sea Patriot likes this.
  9. McQ

McQ Captain

I miss the Halloween decorations!

850arrr, Becker Redbeard and Tifosa like this.
  10. Purple Rose

Purple Rose First Mate

Gosh, that deal for me is $74.99 then covert to american (now $97) and add tax lol....think NOT!
    Yes, totally agree that letting us see them first and picking WHAT WE WANT would have been a much nicer and thoughtful way to go.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  11. Aalyxei

Aalyxei Powder Monkey

How do I get the offer to even show up? My game is fully up to date, I've tried closing and reopening the game several times. Thank you in advance for any info.

12. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

I bought them last year on the Trade Ship...cmon Midoki this is a BIT too much.

13. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

They came yesterday almost every 5 min. Pop up windows. TODAY NOT EVEN ONE!! Since 3 hours i am online(Finland time now 10.42 am), nothing at all.

I don't buy any of this customs, because i don't know the buffs and also i heard there are some negative buffs for your own troops possible :confused:.

The MOST annoying thing is!!!! When you just writing something to your mates and the "offers" kicks in... all is gone and you have to start writing again!!

mastapeace and Sea Patriot like this.
  14. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

I’m normally one to put a positive spin on things, but yeah, starting deals at $50 with nothing lower on the spectrum... (at least yet)... that’s in pretty bad taste, and kind of a disappointment from a company that has historically had a pretty reasonable freemium system. I’d expect that from the Candy Crushes of the world, but not really here. Maybe we’ve been spoiled. :)

850arrr, Dog Breath and Sea Patriot like this.
  15. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I agree, this is bad taste

16. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I agree the price is outrageous, however @PTO Plunderer the reason u can't get duplicates anymore is cuz everyone was complaining about getting duplicates in the dapper closets. So as much as I agree that th costumes are way overpriced it is kinda tru that no matter what you do as a company someone isn't going to like it. Reducing the gems for the 1st map is kinda stupid too tho

17. Aalyxei

Aalyxei Powder Monkey

@Lynsey [Midoki] I have yet to receive a single offer, and I have played today and yesterday. Should I be considering reinstalling the game, or is this just bad RNG?

18. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Don't worry if you don't get those offers. They are not that good ;).
    Btw, none offer yesterday and none offer today so far... in my both games...

Sea Patriot likes this.
  19. Tifosa

Tifosa Powder Monkey

I love that they post as “1 time only offer” and I keep getting them No thanks, just give us as update on PH already. I too miss the holiday island decorations.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  20. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I’ve recieved the “one time offer” so many times it’s ridiculous. I wasn’t interested the first time. I’m not interested in a single outfit or all of them in a package. Midoki please learn the meaning of “ONE”. I’ve refused it, don’t keep trying to force it down my throat!