You MUST be kidding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kevedge001, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Broadside

Broadside Crew

I wish it was a limited time offer rather than "now or [threat of] neve", I hate forced decisions and you'll generally get a no. Also, there's no information on the perks, not even the name of the outfit or a complete pic. I can't find info on whether these things are worthwhile.

peg-brain bob and Sea Patriot like this.
  2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Great idea @Broadside :) (Personally I'm not much of a fan of the one-time offer format either...)
    I agree, I'm sure there would be much more participation if all the outfits were available separately (with info - limited to the whole Halloween event). The group bundle offers could then be in addition (for those that don't already have some of the outfits). :)

Sea Patriot likes this.
  3. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Just put them on the Trade Ship like last time. Seriously.

4. kevedge001

kevedge001 Crew

Well I'm glad its not just me left with a nasty taste in my mouth. I think this "special" offer has done more harm than good.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  5. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Whatever happened to the “customers have spoken and we have listened” sortve speech?

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The Halloween offers have actually been very popular - we are listening to you folks here though, so we'll look to having a broader range of options in the future, and also tweaking the triggers to make sure the offers are more relevant to the individual player.

There are also offers for individual Outfits (plus gems), which varies according to what Outfits you're missing.

7. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

First time in a long while I have been on the forum.

I agree with the offers, certainly not special and really not worth the £50 or even £100 for all outfits and gems. I really miss the old days on pp, themes were great, even updates were a lot more regular. We have not had a ph update for over a year now!! Defences need improving to help balances out the over powered attacks, I see it a lot it’s too easy for a lot of players to 100% a base these days. (I must be rubbish though,lol)

If you not careful midoki your core players will end up leaving, the social side is really the main reason a lot of us play the game now. Charging insane money for offers is not a good way to keep these players playing.

McQ and Sea Patriot like this.
  8. Aalyxei

Aalyxei Powder Monkey

@Lynsey [Midoki] I still have not gotten a single offer. Can I get any sort of insight here? Would it help to leave my game open for a few hours at a time? I'm at a loss on what I need to do.

9. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

One of our members hadn’t updated her iOS on iPad and wasn’t getting the offers, but got them after updating. I hope that helps. I seem to get the offers about 10 to 15 minutes after going online.

Aalyxei likes this.
  10. md-da44

md-da44 Powder Monkey

@Lynsey [Midoki] why not just put all of the halloween outfits on the guild ship this weekend?

Id like to get a few but not all, or if i decide to get all ill just buy gems without getting “ a deal”

Youre shooting yourselves out of sales midoki :confused:

11. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

It's a trick! Midoki your Halloween treats SUCK! Learn what Halloween is. It is not $4.99. What a lame cash grab for your dying game.

12. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

$99.99 for 6,000 and a lame oufit! ARE YOU KIDDING?

md-da44 likes this.
  13. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

HOW ABOUT FREE!!!!!!

14. Honu

Honu Powder Monkey

What insane greed for a mobile gaming company to constantly spam its active customers over and over again with the same offers that cost $100 cash — all the time lying us and claiming that they are one time offers, which we have to refuse every hour on the hour! Midoki, you have no shame!

15. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I'm going to come to midoki's defence here (partially) they only very recently added this offer system. It is no doubt flawed and the prices are outrageous, however I genuinely believe they are taking the feedback and planning on tweaking the system. I do personally agree they should be on the trade ship, however they were put in the dappers, so if u had dappers saved up then you could get a ton of them for free. I personally believe they should change the system to 12 or 24 hour offers that truly never come back. You could think about it that way. I also believe that we should be able to view the buffs as well.

I know everyone had some hope when midoki and Rovio parted ways, while development has been way too slow, and yes, it's been 2 years since lps and a year since ph 11. The game has taken steps in the right direction this year. I truly believe however that next year we are going to need a lot of game changing updates with plenty of new content to keep the game afloat

Barbe Rose likes this.
  16. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I think a year is plenty of time for the developers to get some content into the game to keep people interested. Nevermind 2 years! Idk anyone who will wait that long for some game changing additions in any game. 2018 is right around the corner. What have we gotten so far? A map and some costumes? More bug fixes and optimizations.... where’s the rest of all this new stuff? It just seems that anything new has a problem or doesn’t seem well thought out or implemented. We got Xmas outfits before Halloween ones. When they finally put Halloween ones out there that everyone wanted, No buffs or info is provided to tell everyone what the heck they do? I mean cmon, that’s super weak. How are you supposed to sell these things when people don’t know what they do? Also, I don’t think anyone thought about maybe tweaking the Xmas and Halloween outfits and re-releasing them as something better....you already made voodoo and northern outfits with double buffs, why would anyone pay money for a negative pirate buff? They look super cool, big deal :( A little more thinking and reinventing would have been appreciated. Don’t just throw old, insignificant stuff out there with a hefty price tag and hope for the best. That’s not gonna work. I’ve already deleted the app but thought I’d weigh in as someone that wanted to spend time and money on the game but found little reason to do so anymore :)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    Keena-CBD and Sea Patriot like this.
  17. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I too would like to offer a challenge over the 'apparent' lack of speed/development...
    For a good portion of last year Midoki were under-staffed & working through a complicated legal battle - the fact that they released PH11 is (to me) a minor miracle & I assume only possible because it was already considerably well developed.

Since the Rovio split they have developed & released:
    • The 3rd event PlunderTime (which was then fundamentally redesigned, after player feedback) - then all 3 events adapted into guild-wide versions.
    • New Ship, lighthouse & silo levels
    • Daily rewards
    • New pirate - Aeronaut
    • New defence - A.R.R.R.
    • New Map
    • New Viking outfits for LPs
    & most importantly (for those affected) a whole myriad of fixes/improvements required by Apple & Google making changes that keep breaking the game! :rolleyes:

Whilst I do understand the frustration of those who remember multiple PH releases a year - none of us truly have a clue how many years of effort/work was involved in the content released in the first 2 years. We also have no idea how much content is currently in various stages of development!

I would wholeheartedly agree that if another PH was never released & no new features were in development - we could justifiably declare the game dead... But that isn't the case!

Midoki have stated that they have a full schedule of development this year (& hopefully beyond) - therefore I will continue to wait patiently between releases & enjoy the fruits of their labour as they become ready! ;):)

18. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Since I failed to mention the other new things that were released, let me explain why they are insignificant to me...

Plundertime is basically a redo of Thunderstruck without the rain. I think that event had more potential in its first runs personally. It takes more skill to strip a max base from all its resources, with or without a win, than it does to throw a boat load of max heavy troops at it to smash it for 3 stars. Higher rank or rivals should award more points because anyone can drop to rank one and beat up undeveloped bases (no skill required). Maybe award bonus points for least amount of troops used or most loot plundered in least amount of time or something along those lines. At least it would have differentiated itself from TS.

Guild events are still the same old events we have played a hundred times just with another twist. I did enjoy the guild ones more than individual ones. Individual event rewards aren’t worth the time/gems to bother with.

New ship failed to have any added range when released which seemed to be another oversight. Other than rid of pink what was the point. Fixed after northern map introduced.

Silo is still an issue. No matter how big, it’s still not big enough. It should have no limit imo based on all the chest rewards from normal game play and events rewards.

Aeronaut basically replaced Sky Raiders. A.R.R.R’s kill one of the most interesting and fun to use pirates in the game. Aeros are boring, they just float and drop bombs, yawn. Not to mention the recruit time is ridiculous. Gem cost is already high enough if you use a higher rank crew. I’m not adding 3-4 more gems to the cost. I rarely see anyone use them above rank 700 from defense replays. They probably don’t use for the same reason as me. Unnecessary.

New defense should target new pirate not existing ones. Raiders are too quick anyhow to be bothered by some pesky ARRRs :)

New map seems to be lacking from what I explored. There are barely any forts, ship/monsters to be found compared to previous maps. What’s the point? No new materials or LPs....

So there is more content than I previously mentioned, most of it is irrelevant to me. It’s nothing game changing and how it was released left me feeling like, where’s the rest? or it had some problem when implemeted. Doesn’t anyone play the new version before released and see where the problems are? Seems like the players have that job lol.

Good luck! :)

850arrr and Super-Nor like this.