Your Pirate Roots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sea Patriot, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

My beginnings were humble, I spent a month or so in my own guild Shellbacks R Us. That was until Pirates United recruited me. I spent over a year there. I gained offense and defense skills from Monkey D Luffy and @Juggernaut. I later carry those skills over to Elite Legends where my offense and defense was improved through the mentorship of @Jirobaliw- and picked up guild management skills from @Booty Slappa. I then took what I'd learned and brought it to the Christ Our Cap'n guilds, helped them expand, got to build a great friendship with @Bards Tale , @Garthos, @TenBoom, and @Odbo Oqpo. Guild strengths come from players who have established themselves amongst diverse settings of pirate guilds, and those who never forget where they came from. Guilds have their ups and down, but always remember to reflect upon what it was that you learned about the positives from those guilds that made you who you are.
    Thank you,
    God bless,
    Sea Patriot

2. Jirobaliw-

Jirobaliw- Crew

We love ya Brother SP! Keep smiling..

Sea Patriot likes this.
  3. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I didn't forget about all those nice people I met in the multi guild rumble

4. Tessa Rose

Tessa Rose First Mate

My first guild was Death Shadow, we had an amazing group over there. It was fun with the first Ching and Brute that could take out an island by themselves. Or the never dying WD. Moved to Resting Skulls with Spongee, the rest is history. This has been the best game.I just wish they had kept the game going like they did in the beginning.

5. Floki

Floki Captain

So many to list but Christy my capum my capum.
    Tessa the Texas Rose Pto plunderer. Ian Filthy mc nasty Blackbeard of RFF Tim Fiery Mobotts there are many more and will add just out the door now hehehe

6. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@Sea Patriot...your pirate roots are much more interesting than mine.:) I suppose my interest started with my husband playing and me watching often. I became addicted just by watching (lol), so after a bit of time decided to make up a name and create my own island...and a pirate was born!!;) I stayed away from being part of a guild until I grew a little bigger and had many attacks under my belt. I owe a lot of my success to my husband, @Forbidden Island and many, many other pirates who have shown me better ways of attacking and defending!!:p I'm still learning and I owe that to my wonderful crew at Blacktooth Grins!:D
    BTW @Floki...love your name...Vikings is an awesome series!!!:)

7. Floki

Floki Captain

Tiger Lily I'm in life I'm not so different than the Floki on Viking except I not kill Christians anymore.hehehe

8. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Is Floki starting to have a heart in
    You haven't seen the new season?

Tessa Rose and Floki like this.
  9. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I started out as a lone pirate... it took me a few weeks to get up courage to attack other players and join a guild. However during that time I discovered this here treasure trove of information & wonderful collection of swashbucklers & miscreants.

I therefore requested to start my guild-life in Red Flag Fleet 3 (fortunately Cap'n @The Fish Eyed Pirate & First Mate Malleus Pirata were foolish enough to accept me & provided a lot of advice & encouragement). :)

Soon after losing our original Cap'n overboard (due to a nasty case of RL demands) we rebranded as Red Flag Fury. Unfortunately shortly after that the Red Flag alliance self-destructed.

We continued sailing as an independent guild for a while, initially cap'ned by Malleus Pirata - until he succumbed to boredom, however he successfully 'tricked' @Purple Rose into becoming his successor. :)

Unfortunately the introduction of PR related plunder points killed our aspirations as a small rumble guild - we realised that we needed to merge or risk disintegrating.

We sent out emissaries to a few of the well-known alliances to gauge interest and were lucky enough to be accepted (lock, stock & barrel) into the the Midnight Alliance. :)

I have been there ever since.

My alternate account has had a fairly similar history... first with Red Flag Fury, then Red Flag Force, then Midnight Alliance.

However it has finally decided to spread its wings and has recently joined the dentally challenged folks at Blacktooth Grins. :)

10. Scarlet Fever

Scarlet Fever First Mate

It’s been interesting to read everyone’s pirate stories. My journey began by downloading pp on a whim one night. As joining a guild was an option, I simply joined a guild with a name I liked. I had the good fortune to find Scotlands Brave. They patiently answered all my questions and didn’t grumble too loudly when I donated low level troops. At this point mini bases become popular and my second account was created.

After seeing a recruitment thread on this forum, I moved to Pirates United and took up residence in PU-Y. I discovered the delights of visit other PU guilds and met many more pirates. Then there was line app…I discovered I could talk even more:D From here there were a number that moved to Wench Pressers, so I decided to join them. We rumbled 24/7, with many laughs along the way:cool:.

At that point RL decided to interfere:oops:, so I ventured out and found the Dead Alliance, where rumbling less in great company worked. The alliance became Wicked, which split up into separate guilds and everyone sailed off in their different directions. Ore 10 attack rumble later, I met the Midnight Alliance and moved in, and have enjoyed chilling out there ever since:). Weather permitting, i still visit friends' guilds for the occasional rumble:)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  11. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Captain

My journey with PP has had its ups and downs for sure. I spent the better half of a year in Juggernaut USA. The guild was semi active, so I just kind of played as I pleased (or was bored) but didn't care too much to grow and expand my island.
    Not too long after the rumble feature was added to the game I decided I wanted to be a part of a much more active guild and ran into PUY with Juggy as my capt. Discovered the line app....AND ALL THOSE AWESOME STICKERS!! LOL! I learned a lot from PU, met a lot of good people, took on a few captain roles then decided to move on again.
    Elite was fun. It was pretty awesome being there from pretty much the start and watching it grow into what it became. Built some strong relationships with players. Got kicked from the forums, added back to the forums. Pretty sure I was banned from many guilds (monkey emoji hands over eyes). Did I mention I had my ups and downs?? LMAO! Still got nothing but love for my old teammates!
    Last but most deff not least... Banging Skulls and crew. I couldn't of joined at any better time. Was warmly welcomed by some of the most awesome people I've met in this game and am extremely thankful! We may not win them all but we have fun! Love y'all BS!!

12. Keena-CBD

Keena-CBD First Mate

Well said. My story as well. Wish you knew the original BS. I consider the new one BS vet 2.0. Maybe Spongee could weigh in and spank me for being too cheeky. Lol. Enjoy BS.

13. Christy

Christy Commodore

Oh so long ago I downloaded Plunder Pirates day 1 in the US. Didn't really think I would like it, never played any type of game in this genre. Joined forum here right away and was invited to Join Sinister Souls. Met some good people there. Most of them quit playing long ago. From there I followed a good friend Tbird to We R Piates (the guild with the most grammar errors in the history of the game) :D Our Captain Kyzo was very busy with real life and very rarely even checked into the game. Tbird and I were first mates (way before QM's existed) and left "in charge" of the guild but no power as we could not kick the inactive other first mates and captain refused to promote one of us until he had more time soooooooooo Tbird and I created Red Flag Fleet :) Tbird came up with the name. It was before we had ever heard of Ching Shish. He brilliantly picked that name because RFF had a woman captain. I actually didn't want to be captain but you know it "just seemed fitting to have a female" o_O nicely played Tbird:rolleyes: So we moved everyone who was active there, into RFF. I stayed behind to wait for the captain to show up. I explained everything and invited him to join us. He refused and the rest is history. RFF recently celebrated it's 2 year birthday :) I have met so so so many amazing people in this game from all over the world. That to me is the best part!!! It's nice to have a game you can play to escape real life for a while and to actually have so many people you can chat with and have some laughs with. It's been an amazing journey. So happy I found PP all those days ago:):D

14. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

From Sinister Souls to Theebar. A few bumps and bruises in betweeen. After all, it's a pirate game. The game is enough of a grind as it is, might as well keep things interesting. ;)

15. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I knew about the game long before it's launch date (I used to be a angry birds enthusiast) I watched all the teasers etc following up to the soft launch in Canada, but for some reason I couldn't get the game. So it drifted from the front of my mind and I almost completely forgot about it.

Just slightly after 1 year of the games global launch, I remembered about it and downloaded it (I always thought it looked like a blast)

I got a guild hall, went to the recommended guilds section and found some guild called spiderbite or something like that. Shortly after my brother and best friend followed suit and join the guild. At the time of joining there were many inactive players (13 - 15 days inactive so not a super long time) but the capt was active. Shortly after they introduced QM's most of the members of the guild became inactive, including the capt. I stayed much longer than I should have, but being the type of soul I am, I felt bad about leaving and thought I was abandoning them.

Shortly after I debated leaving my best friend dropped the game (he was only ph 6) so me and my brother left and started up our own guild. We hung there for several months (just the two of us) we rumbled occasionally but never won (I used to wonder how a guild could score 10k points LMAO)

Eventually a man by the name of iron rackham (long retired friend) dropped by and invited me and my brother to join OCR. I eagerly joined and my bro followed suit. Being the type of player I am, I rapidly developed and quickly became one of the top players in the guild. I was ambitious and wanted to join OC.

So after three months of being in OCR I made the jump into the "big leagues" and from there it was history. My brother dropped the game shortly after so I was all alone to make a bunch of new friends. After spending months and months in OC, I started doing some recruiting.

In my journeys I have visited many a great guild, including WP, Plundering 24/7 and the DR and Wicked guilds.

I spent most of the fall in the Thee Bar alliance (most of that time at firewater) and have just recently gone back to OC.

OC will always hold a special place in my heart, but I will also continue to explore, adventure and discover great new guilds!

16. Christy

Christy Commodore

I think your pirate roots could be a novel :Do_O:)

17. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

EPlayed COC for a really long time and had some clan members talk about this new pirate game. Downloaded it shortly after its release but found that my old phone couldn't support it so gave up for about a month. When clash got utterly boring I came back to PP on my snazzy new iPhone and found that it was a ton of fun. I fell into a dead guild but managed to stick with it until being recruited into Atlantis Outlaws, but couldn't maintain the PR needed to stay. Luckily they created Sons of Outlaws for little guys like me where players like Virus,Doc and so many others could share their wisdom. Eventually I was given the honor of captain in Sons, we then grew to a four guild alliance where I captained AO3,AO2 and helped grow lots of new players. When ideals clashed, a faction of us split off to Dirty Dogs before yet a closer group became the Wench Pressers. Eventually as the game started to burn folks out, we split yet again and half of the wenches moved with the awesome folks in Theebar and became Firewater. The rest is history ❤❤

18. Got recruited to Death Shadow by @Skillzone10 right here on the boards. Had been playing for quite a while and had no idea what a rumble even was! From there was mentored by Super Pirate, Daddio and The Jackal among other great people. We then merged and became Burning Alliance where I met more great people and then the name changed to just Burning. When I learned that Burning was becoming a dead guild I jumped ship as I had no interest in joining a dead guild (found them to be way too serious). A couple former members of Burning had switched to INDONESIA so they asked me to come over and give it a try. There I not only enjoyed playing but learned a lot about the Indonesian culture. After a while and a few people leaving due to boredom the name was changed to KOMODO to try and give it more of an international name. That's where I am now.
    Also have met many great people from many other guilds (most notably Rogue Raiders and Firewater). Most people know me as CC and there are 2 things from this game that give me the greatest pleasure. First is all the great people I have met and learning about the many different cultures around the world. Secondly is I like to help others, I would rather see others do better than myself!
    Here's hoping something new comes to this game soon as I'm sick of losing friends who no longer play.

19. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I second that!

20. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Lol, almost 2 years later, I still wish the old LS would come back! Boy, was that a guild...

Still feel like it was basically Plunder Pirates heaven when I first arrived! It was really tough leaving old friends from old guilds at the time, but the players at LS are some of the most extraordinary, without a doubt. I enjoyed my time there, and I must say in all honesty, many of the top guilds in the game at that point had a group of players in which anyone could have been captain. I had the pleasure of playing with amazing leaders, who taught me so much through a game, which amazes me to this day. When I think of pirate roots, it's a lot of memories, most of them being positive. The people that play the game are in a league of their own. The game itself? Not so much. What a journey it was, and it's sad that things didn't always work out, but alas, everyone keeps plundering. The best part is, as small as the player base is now from observing the forums, the elite people that play this game and dedicate their time is beyond my belief and makes me smile! I never was a top player, probably not even in the top 1000! But the fact that these players accepted me and befriended me, that's what I think defines my time playing Plunder Pirates. :D